Rifle is a lot of fun until things like this happen.

Bezerker.2379

Pardon the bitterness in my tone but this is after a long night of issues very similar to what is displayed in the video and about 5 minutes after I had a full 7 malice DJ blocked by a critter (rabbit or something) that decided to walk in front of me right as I was charging my DJ. That rabbit sure got it. And I sure got it after that rabbit. :)

Has anyone experienced similar to the video? The range thing has bit me more than once... the Obstructed thing, I know we've had threads about the slightest hill causing issues, but the range thing is relatively new to me.

Honestly, everytime I actually try to land DJ, somenthing like that happen. Obstructured, Out of Range, Some random thing got in the way... I even gave up running Maleficent Seven because of it.

Now I only use the obvious tell of DJ to actually bait dodges, because that's about how useful it is with all the broken terrains for non arcing projectiles.

Happens pretty frequently for other classes that use rifle as well (engi, warr). On my engineer I've even gotten "Obstructed" messages for shots that are nearly point blank. Something's wrong with the way rifle handles targets who are not moving directly towards or away from you. If they're strafing even a little bit, you're highly liable to miss any non-auto attack.

Best example... if you duel with somebody, have them stand at max range and rapidly tap strafe left/strafe right. Any attack that is not your auto will probably miss.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Happens pretty frequently for other classes that use rifle as well (engi, warr). On my engineer I've even gotten "Obstructed" messages for shots that are nearly point blank. Something's wrong with the way rifle handles targets who are not moving directly towards or away from you. If they're strafing even a little bit, you're highly liable to miss any non-auto attack.

Best example... if you duel with somebody, have them stand at max range and rapidly tap strafe left/strafe right. Any attack that is not your auto will probably miss.

Ive noticed this too. To the point that I dropped rifle on my War and my Engie rarely uses it for anything but the #5. With DE its made infinitely more frustrating by the fact that you had to setup this stealth and now your boned for 4 seconds waiting for cooldowns. Couple that with DJ's long tell and it makes it not worth using at all.

@Kallist.5917 said:

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Happens pretty frequently for other classes that use rifle as well (engi, warr). On my engineer I've even gotten "Obstructed" messages for shots that are nearly point blank. Something's wrong with the way rifle handles targets who are not moving directly towards or away from you. If they're strafing even a little bit, you're highly liable to miss any non-auto attack.

Ive noticed this too. To the point that I dropped rifle on my War and my Engie rarely uses it for anything but the #5. With DE its made infinitely more frustrating by the fact that you had to setup this stealth and now your boned for 4 seconds waiting for cooldowns. Couple that with DJ's long tell and it makes it not worth using at all.

For sure -- at least with engi/war, most of the shots that are "obstructed" or "out of range" aren't that critical (except maybe gunflame), but I can see how this would be infinitely frustrating with DJ, deadeye's signature attack.

As I said, it seems that there is no tracking with rifle abilities beyond the autoattack. Since rifle projectiles are bizarrely slow (seriously, they travel about as fast as arrows, why?), this is a massive problem. Slow moving projectiles (like Glob Shot [elixir gun is treated like a rifle] or net shot) seem to suffer this problem the worst.

Just watch for how many times this happens fighting a mesmer :P For what its worth, most classes either get piercing shots either base on their weapon or have most of their damage tied to aoe skills, both of which make this a non-issue.

• 2 weeks later...

http://prntscr.com/jw685y (shoting downwards just a bit i think)I had to rotate soo much around this person, due to him being "obstructed" from every side, like whuut ?!?.This is the case in alot of different camps, well, at alot of parts of every map.

Few more images i found:http://prntscr.com/jw68rl here im shoting a bit upwards though.http://prntscr.com/jw6adr ??

@saloja.7920 said:

@Geiir.7603 said:I want Deadeye to work, but it got too many problems, even in PvE :/

Deadeye is a d/d spec.

No. PvE is D/D content, and rifle is a Burst/PvP weapon. Kinda like D/D or S/F ele.

All D/D does is DPS. There is literally nothing else the kit can do with DB and DDagger being as bad as they are.

D/D is complete garbage with DE unless the foe doesn't attack you until you walk up to it/lets you walk up to it. This only happens in PvE.

The DE spec is just a damage spec. And thus it makes D/D stay the best in PvE because D/D does the highest damage on core.

Malicious attacks shouldn't have happened. But then thief as a whole wouldn't deal enough damage on any build for use in PvE, and damage buffs aren't warranted in the PvP formats.

Archived