When is stats figured into the damage of a power ability?

Hi all, quick question I've never been sure of. Is say, power damage calculated at the time of the hit or the time of the ability. (IE, I shoot a projectile, then activate a power signet, does it get the boost or do I need to activate it first?)

Additionally in followup: assuming it needs to be activated prior to the projectile firing, does it need to be activated prior tothe cast or can it be activated DURING the cast?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the cast time will be too long for it to proc before the projectile hits (regarding your example).For longer skills like Ranger's Rapid Fire, each hit is counted separate and you can use skills mid-cast which will affect all subsequent hits as far as i can tell (for example, use Moa stance to get more critical hits).I'd say that the damage seems to be calculated on-hit, especially since there's modifiers that can be applied by other players in the mean time. So any modifier applied to your skill between cast and hit should apply.Without actual dev input on how the code sequence is, it's hard to know for sure.Although, since damage is calculated server-side, stuff like lag might modify the experience. (IE there might be enough of a gap between your skill cast information and the modifier's information that the server processes the skill damage before being aware of the modifier).

All effects are consumed on hit (whether negated or not), and statchanges (like might stacking) always happen in real time. This is because it was always intended for players to be rewarded when comboing different skills efficiently. So yeah everything that happens after activation, like an old trap, shot in the air, slow AoE, pulsing AoE, pulmonary impacts - all will benefit from it.

Archived