Repeatable reward tracks : the new automatic option is not enough

Hi, I was very happy to see this update yesterday, but it wasn't completely satisfying.If you want to repeat the same reward track, it's fine with this option.But if you want to use a different reward track after the current one, we still have the same problem as before : a random reward track is selected, not the one we want.We should have an option at each reward track, so if we click on it, it will be the next reward track used after the current one.What do you think about that ?

The repeatable tracks are fantastic; queueing would be better. I don't think reasonable ppl can disagree on that point. But given how long ppl have been asking for this improvement and how long it took to implement from when anet first said they were working on it I'm guessing there must be some sort of limitation -- technical or otherwise -- that makes this much more difficult that it would seem to be. So I greatly appreciate the repeatable tracks and I still hope that we are able to see track queueing in the future as well . . .

@Kercie TelMic.6785 said:So...do you need to have achieved a specific rank in order to use autorepeat? I have the 6Jun18 update, but...no autorepeat option...????

I have a similar problem. I have the repeat for pvp reward tracks but no option for WvW. Do you need to be a specific wvw rank or check one of the wvw masteries?

@Kercie TelMic.6785 said:So...do you need to have achieved a specific rank in order to use autorepeat? I have the 6Jun18 update, but...no autorepeat option...????

Are you sure it's a repeatable track?

@Julian.9473 said:But if you want to use a different reward track after the current one, we still have the same problem as before : a random reward track is selected, not the one we want.

As far as I can tell it isn't really random either. It's always Crucible of Eternity for me or, during a festival, it's the festival track. Perhaps which one you get could also depend on which tracks you have unlocked, but the rollover selection seems to be entirely deterministic.

@Leablo.2651 said:

@Julian.9473 said:But if you want to use a different reward track after the current one, we still have the same problem as before : a random reward track is selected, not the one we want.

As far as I can tell it isn't really random either. It's always Crucible of Eternity for me or, during a festival, it's the festival track. Perhaps which one you get could also depend on which tracks you have unlocked, but the rollover selection seems to be entirely deterministic.

always seasonal or one of dungeon tracks for me, didn't crack the pattern behind which exacly dungeon yet tho

@"Julian.9473" said:Hi, I was very happy to see this update yesterday, but it wasn't completely satisfying.If you want to repeat the same reward track, it's fine with this option.But if you want to use a different reward track after the current one, we still have the same problem as before : a random reward track is selected, not the one we want.We should have an option at each reward track, so if we click on it, it will be the next reward track used after the current one.What do you think about that ?

My dude, the devs have implemented an improvement which some people have asked for for a along time now. Queuing tracks seems like taking it too far, just do that manually, it's really not that difficult.Reducing the amount you have to interact with the game shouldn't be automatically considered QoL just because its "easier".

@Leablo.2651 said:

I think it defaults back to the track that in next closest to completion, which is why seems to default to the same one every time, but not to the same one for everyone . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

I think it defaults back to the track that in next closest to completion, which is why seems to default to the same one every time, but not to the same one for everyone . . .Unfortunately not. I've had it fall back to the same dungeon reward track (CoF on this account, CoE on my main account) at times when another not selected track was actually closer to completion.

Personally I'm very happy with the new feature, as I've been running the repeateable armor reward tracks (triumphant, desert) in WvW for a while to collect those skins, and actually managed to fill a complete CoE track inbetween due to often missing the end-of-track reward in the heat of wvw battles (by either not clicking the bouncing chests at all or clicking them too fast without checking what they were dumping in my inventory).

To me personally that CoE loot that I got that way isn't all that helpful as I've finished the dungeon skin collections ages ago and still have lots of dungeon tokens simply from loving to play dungeons (especially CoE, it's probably my favourite ;) ), but gift horse and such I don't worry too much about it. It's still free loot and at worst delays my armor collection by a couple of hours of playtime.

I do appreciate the change making track renewal automatic. Queuing tracks does have its applications, too, but I'd say those applications would be much more specialized/rarer than the simple renewal, and as such have a much lower priority for me. I wouldn't mind if they worked on it, but totally wouldn't care if they don't, either.(as I suspect the cost to benefit ratio of such a featuer wouldn't be all that great).

Archived