Why the cry on no downstate?

foxtrot.6902

@Lapiy.7160 said:

@Lapiy.7160 said:The ranged damage is the game is so high even with full minstrels gear on any guild worth there salt can just oneshot any class in the game, Currently to push at all you need to have transfuse necros and guards running MI to pick up the random downs because the damage is just so high that you have to expect random people to die. Also if you ever get caught in winds you are pretty much dead 100% of the time now instead of having a chance to get transfused out. If the damage was not already so extremely high then this week would not be so bad but currently the game is going to turn into an endless stream of people oneshoting drivers and then a 1200 range battle of oneshot people in clumps until one side losses to many people and runs away. Also in an outnumbered fight there is no amount of skill or tankyness that's going to save you from a group of twice or 2.5 times your numbers from just running forward and blobing you down. The aoe cap is still a thing and even if you bomb hard and down say 15-20 of them the other 30-40 will just keep running foward and because as I said before there is an insane amount of easy to land low cooldown ranged damage coming from rev necro and ele so you will die because a good chunk of the time when you win an outnumbered fight you have resed people who just go down to the extremely high easy to land ranged dmg in the game. Just because it would feel fine to people who run around in unorganized pug groups that are not even in ts/discord and 80% of them are missing random pieces of gear or are on bad stats and builds does not mean they should ruin the game for everyone else for a week.

Tl,DrPeople will have to learn how to play and utilize defensive mechanics beyond facetank stat gear.

If you read anything I said then you would relies that's the exact opposite of what I said, you use defensive mechanics like transfuse and mi to res people because there is no amount of defensive's in the game that can stop people from going down in the current state of the game. If you had ever played in a high end guild on NA or EU you would understand this. Those kind of guilds do something called footage review and when you look at footage and someone literally dies in about .25 seconds with no way from them to avoid the damage then you would understand why people relie on Transfuse or MI or they just run a literal one shot comp. I don't get why people who don't even play in top guilds say things like this.

Top guilds, all none of them...Can see spikes pretty easy, or you can if you are playing something you know is a primary target.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Justine.6351 said:

@Lapiy.7160 said:The ranged damage is the game is so high even with full minstrels gear on any guild worth there salt can just oneshot any class in the game, Currently to push at all you need to have transfuse necros and guards running MI to pick up the random downs because the damage is just so high that you have to expect random people to die. Also if you ever get caught in winds you are pretty much dead 100% of the time now instead of having a chance to get transfused out. If the damage was not already so extremely high then this week would not be so bad but currently the game is going to turn into an endless stream of people oneshoting drivers and then a 1200 range battle of oneshot people in clumps until one side losses to many people and runs away. Also in an outnumbered fight there is no amount of skill or tankyness that's going to save you from a group of twice or 2.5 times your numbers from just running forward and blobing you down. The aoe cap is still a thing and even if you bomb hard and down say 15-20 of them the other 30-40 will just keep running foward and because as I said before there is an insane amount of easy to land low cooldown ranged damage coming from rev necro and ele so you will die because a good chunk of the time when you win an outnumbered fight you have resed people who just go down to the extremely high easy to land ranged dmg in the game. Just because it would feel fine to people who run around in unorganized pug groups that are not even in ts/discord and 80% of them are missing random pieces of gear or are on bad stats and builds does not mean they should ruin the game for everyone else for a week.

Tl,DrPeople will have to learn how to play and utilize defensive mechanics beyond facetank stat gear.

If you read anything I said then you would relies that's the exact opposite of what I said, you use defensive mechanics like transfuse and mi to res people because there is no amount of defensive's in the game that can stop people from going down in the current state of the game. If you had ever played in a high end guild on NA or EU you would understand this. Those kind of guilds do something called footage review and when you look at footage and someone literally dies in about .25 seconds with no way from them to avoid the damage then you would understand why people relie on Transfuse or MI or they just run a literal one shot comp. I don't get why people who don't even play in top guilds say things like this.

Top guilds, all none of them...Can see spikes pretty easy, or you can if you are playing something you know is a primary target.

I don't get people like you, you disregard anyone better or more knowledgeable then you and then make a comeback with some super vague statement that's proves that you don't understand the game but you try to phase it in such a way that makes you seem cool or old school. Maybe try to explain why you think the way you do or show that you understand how the meta and classes work instead of just saying vague things all day.

@"Threather.9354" said:

• Makes roaming outnumbered fights more viable

The caveat being it makes it "more viable" against far less skilled players. 2+ vs 4+ ratio outnumbered fights against equally skilled or better players where two downed at the same time and only a clever stomp or res can turn the fight, forget about it. It makes that kind of ounumbered fights completely unviable.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Threather.9354" said:

The caveat being it makes it "more viable" against
far less skilled players
. 2+ vs 4+ ratio outnumbered fights against equally skilled or better players where two downed at the same time and only a clever stomp or res can turn the fight, forget about it. It makes that kind of ounumbered fights
completely unviable

You don't have to cleave/stomp downstates... Also stomping and ressing is part of being equally skilled or better player.. It makes it way more viable, all you need to do is coordinate bursts, maybe run some kind of cheese thief + mesmer stealth team and burst enemies. At least you wont get rekt by that one guardian that decided to run merciful and instantly ress anyone that goes down.

You shouldnt win a fight against 2+ times equally skilled opponents anyways. So your argument is a null.

The event is MUCH better for solo roaming, in groups it nerfs some classes but makes classes that cant ress properly like holo, thief, mesmer more viable

@Lapiy.7160 said:

I don't get people like you, you disregard anyone better or more knowledgeable then you and then make a comeback with some super vague statement that's proves that you don't understand the game but you try to phase it in such a way that makes you seem cool or old school. Maybe try to explain why you think the way you do or show that you understand how the meta and classes work instead of just saying vague things all day.

Okay,I can avoid spikes because I am aware that I am a likely target for a quick kill. The reason I brushed off your "top guilds" remark is because that consists of like what? 50 players in total for wvw?

Perhaps I could have read through you wall of text better. I suppose that part is my failing.

@Threather.9354 said:You shouldnt win a fight against 2+ times equally skilled opponents anyways.

You should only be allowed to win against bad players? Right got it. No build variations, no tactics, no outplaying of equally skilled opponents even if they outnumber you, thats not allowed.

Now, stealth ganking, out of combat kiting and pro players owning shitty players thats what we like to encourage.

For Fights!

@Justine.6351 said:

Okay,I can avoid spikes because I am aware that I am a likely target for a quick kill. The reason I brushed off your "top guilds" remark is because that consists of like what? 50 players in total for wvw?

Perhaps I could have read through you wall of text better. I suppose that part is my failing.

And I read through it now. And I didn't see anything I didn't expect. I stand by what I said. Don't expect tanky stats and downed state to carry you through a fight for this upcoming week. Yes you will need to be more active about your defense. And you might even have to ring in the pugs or run tagless guild groups, aka not run mega blobs.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Threather.9354" said:You shouldnt win a fight against 2+ times equally skilled opponents anyways.

You should only be allowed to win against bad players? Right got it. No build variations, no tactics, no outplaying of equally skilled opponents even if they outnumber you, thats not allowed.

Now, stealth ganking, out of combat kiting and pro players owning kitten players thats what we like to encourage.

For Fights!
So your problem is "downing" enemy before they "down" you? I didnt say youre allowed to only win against bad players, I said, you're supposed to lose against 2 times more better players BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT CURRENTLY IS,
if they would lose against you, they wouldnt be better players than you
. If they have bad day, have a bad comp or make a bad rotation, then they lose. It's how it works now and will work during event.

Just adapt your build if you play ress bot druid or something and thats why you're salty.

@"foxtrot.6902" said:Been seeing a lot of Q_Q on the no downstate and just curious why?

To me it seems like a nice equalizer when your group/zerg/pack is out massively out numbered. Can't be carried by the zerg as easily.

Wanna jump into that 1 v 2+ and you die? Bummer you deserved it lol> hard raise for you.

The only real "down" side I can see is for that poor one person that runs into a zerg and trying to get away into a Tower/Keep and uses every cool down but dies to conditions behind the gates. Then I feel for ya, you made it that far and massively out numbered.

That's not the only downside. It's a severe disadvantage for the glassier builds. Imagine if it turned permanent? Everyone would be pretty much forced to go tankier, which would make the zerg fights stale and tedious.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"foxtrot.6902" said:Been seeing a lot of Q_Q on the no downstate and just curious why?

To me it seems like a nice equalizer when your group/zerg/pack is out massively out numbered. Can't be carried by the zerg as easily.

Wanna jump into that 1 v 2+ and you die? Bummer you deserved it lol> hard raise for you.

The only real "down" side I can see is for that poor one person that runs into a zerg and trying to get away into a Tower/Keep and uses every cool down but dies to conditions behind the gates. Then I feel for ya, you made it that far and massively out numbered.

That's not the only downside. It's a severe disadvantage for the glassier builds. Imagine if it turned permanent? Everyone would be pretty much forced to go tankier, which would make the zerg fights stale and tedious.

There is a balance. The tankier the builds (less dmg), the more glass I can and will play. Not that I can go any more glass than I currently do though.

@Justine.6351 said:

There is a balance. The tankier the builds (less dmg), the more glass I can and will play. Not that I can go any more glass than I currently do though.

Yeah, I'm playing full zerk ele, and that's as glass as you can get. The problem is, I do get downed sometimes and rallying really helps. And it's extremely easy to get downed on this build, basically all it takes is a single mistake.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Yeah, I'm playing full zerk ele, and that's as glass as you can get. The problem is, I
do
get downed sometimes and rallying really helps. And it's extremely easy to get downed on this build, basically all it takes is a single mistake.

Ya try marauders. Berserker staff ele shouldn't even be played in wvw. The same with Thief and Guardian which are generally not played without +hp already.

11k base hp for those 3 classes should really be increased to 13.5k tbh. Perhaps even made the same as medium hp classes.

@Justine.6351 said:

Yeah, I'm playing full zerk ele, and that's as glass as you can get. The problem is, I
do
get downed sometimes and rallying really helps. And it's extremely easy to get downed on this build, basically all it takes is a single mistake.

Ya try marauders. Berserker staff ele shouldn't even be played in wvw. The same with Thief and Guardian which are generally not played without +hp already.

11k base hp for those 3 classes should really be increased to 13.5k tbh. Perhaps even made the same as medium hp classes.

So swap my stats every time I go in and out of WvW?

@Feanor.2358 said:

do

I assume that you are an experienced player/ele and so yes I would imagine you would have multiple sets of ascended gear. Different gear sets for wvw and pve are likely the norm.

@Justine.6351 said:

do

I assume that you are an experienced player/ele and so yes I would imagine you would have multiple sets of ascended gear. Different gear sets for wvw and pve are likely the norm.

I have legendary gear, but it is still too much of a hassle. I would use different stats for WvW/PvE if I could spec it once, like I can spec traits and utilities separately for the two modes. But switching every time, no.

The only thing the upset me about no downed state is the impossibility to do duels in the common alpine borderland duel spot, you have to come back to the spawn if you lose the duel, pretty frustating.

But overall for general solo roaming like i love to do i dont mind it.

@Justine.6351 said:

i am all for no downstate week, but you are wrong, in the meta that we have right now ppl will go down, because its literally badluck when out of 15-20 ppl exactly you get hit by 2 spells at the same time, those 2 then do around 16k dmg and you drop dead instantly and nothing you could do against, you cant dodge every single rev Cor, you will get hit by it inevitably and if the thief decides at the same time to jump in and you get hit by vault you are often just down, and hitting exactly this one person out of 15 through all those random blocks and blinds and damage cap is badluck

in gvgs downstate will take some of the skill away, for open zergfights it wont rly make a difference, all those points ppl said, like, you cant push because of dmg etc are already in wvw meta and nothing new

outnumbered fights will be better for the outnumbered group

ppl saying, omg everybody will go for oneshot builds, remember, those are squishy aswell and will be easy oneshots too, get some defense, survive their burst and punish them, no biggy

I typically have no issues downing people in an outnumbered fight (1v2, 1v3...etc) the issue is securing the kill. This will actually give me a shot of winning the outnumbered fight so I embrace this change (I typically solo roam or duo roam). Only downside (as mentioned) is running into a tower/keep while going through a zerg of condi fields and dying on the other side.

ALL HAIL NO DOWNSTATE WEEK, WHERE SKILL CARRIES YOU MORE THAN NUMBERS!

@Threather.9354 said:

far less skilled players
. 2+ vs 4+ ratio outnumbered fights against equally skilled or better players where two downed at the same time and only a clever stomp or res can turn the fight, forget about it. It makes that kind of ounumbered fights
completely unviable

run some kind of cheese thief + mesmer stealth team and burst enemies.

This is what we will see tons of, and I do NOT think this is healthy for the game.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

far less skilled players
completely unviable

run some kind of cheese thief + mesmer stealth team and burst enemies.

This is what we will see tons of, and I do NOT think this is healthy for the game.

in roaming you already mostly see those classes and in a zerg they are no good, and a zerg can easily kill them if they try to do funky stuff. nothing rly changes

Archived