dancing dagger bug

@"hash.8462" said:I noticed the same with other bounce skills...for example:Mesmer's Mirror Blade (greatsword #2): only bounce within melee rangeGuardian's Ray of Judgment (focus #4): veeery slow bounce speed

That part of the "bug" is probably just a missing skill fact for the bounce radius.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"hash.8462" said:I noticed the same with other bounce skills...for example:Mesmer's Mirror Blade (greatsword #2): only bounce within melee rangeGuardian's Ray of Judgment (focus #4): veeery slow bounce speed

That part of the "bug" is probably just a missing skill fact for the bounce radius.

These skills were working fine before last set of patches and there is nothing in patch notes, so I suppose it's a bug.If Devs have deliberately changed them, it is enough that they say it.

Bounces are alway shorter than the normal skill range (generally is at about 1/3), but with Mirror Blade there is no range at all now, as the blade just whirl around the enemy doing nothing after the 1st hit unless there is a valid target really close to him;as for Ray of Judgment, after the 1st hit the ray become so slow that you can walk away from it (it should bounce at the seme speed of the attack).

Just for reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bounce

(Tomorrow I will check the other bouncing skills, I'm sure something else is broken)

Update:[Necro] Deathly Swarm --> Bounce only in melee[Mesmer] Siren's Call --> Working but bounces are slow[Necro] Reaper's Touch --> Seems to be working (but with strange animation)[Guardian] Light Ball --> Working[Ranger] Ricochet --> Working[Mesmer] Magic Bullet --> Working[Mesmer] Winds of Chaos --> Working[Elementalist] Chain Lightning --> Working

@"Aeon.4583" said:Yep, having same problems for 2-3 days now. Dagger's animation, instead of jumping to closest enemy, jump into sky and doesn't do any damage. Even when two hostiles stand just right next to each other.

Yep me too. Also, "Impairing dagger" and when you are down "Trail of Knives". All animation shows it either goes straight to the ground or don't bounce or bounce to the sky.

Just did some testing in Verdant Brink ... Dancing Dagger's bounce worked fine up to around 300 range. I don't know the exact range but it will manage to bounce to something at around 300 away from my initial target but does not hit for one at 400 range however I still see the dagger flying towards the one at 400 range. Range is determined using TaCO's range overlay circles.

Testing in the PvP lobby gives the same result. This was done using the target golems. My initial/selected target is the heavy testing golem while the bounce target is the moving heavy golem. At 300 range it hits. At 400 range the dagger flies towards the bounce target but does not hit.

Managed to replicate the "daggers going up into the air" case in the PvP lobby as well. Timing is tricky. What you want to do is to press 4 just after the moving golem has one foot over the 300 range circle. The moving golem should not have any movement impairing conditions on it. What seems to be causing the issue is having the bounce target move out of range after the skill finish. Additionally this problem only seems to be seems specific to the initial bounce, the second and later bounces work despite moving further than 300 range away. I suspect the first bounce target is being selected as soon as you use Dancing Dagger instead of more appropriately selecting its target after it hits the initial target.

Archived