New races please.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dwarfs are pretty much extinct. Kodan we was given the endless combat tonic so that race will most likely never be playable in GW2, Centaur could be interesting since we could use one as a hero in GW1. but it would not be able to use mounts and gliders easily so it could be a major hindrance on any Story requiring certain gimmicks.

@starhunter.6015 said:Dwarfs are pretty much extinct. Kodan we was given the endless combat tonic so that race will most likely never be playable in GW2, Centaur could be interesting since we could use one as a hero in GW1. but it would not be able to use mounts and gliders easily so it could be a major hindrance on any Story requiring certain gimmicks.

Ooohhh! Centaurs would be so cool! Half human half horse!!! I really hope that can happen! But a mount is literally on their body tho, so idk how that would work out, but seems interesting

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Quaggan. There.

D:

Quaggans are real cuties IMO <3

@GetWrecked.3290 said:

@starhunter.6015 said:Dwarfs are pretty much extinct. Kodan we was given the endless combat tonic so that race will most likely never be playable in GW2, Centaur could be interesting since we could use one as a hero in GW1. but it would not be able to use mounts and gliders easily so it could be a major hindrance on any Story requiring certain gimmicks.

Ooohhh! Centaurs would be so cool! Half human half horse!!! I really hope that can happen! But a mount is literally on their body tho, so idk how that would work out, but seems interesting

D:

Well since centaurs are to humans what icebrood, inquest. flame legion and sons of svanir are to the other races I dont think we will ever see that happening mate.

@GetWrecked.3290 said:

D:

This why does every bestial race have to be so clunky or to bestial looking in the face? I would love to see an alternative to elves personally, an agile/magical race of some kind but centaurs would be very cool.

@Linken.6345 said:

D:

Well since centaurs are to humans what icebrood, inquest. flame legion and sons of svanir are to the other races I dont think we will ever see that happening mate.

The centaurs of Dry Top were friendly, and the Inquest have a physical presence in Rata Sum. I'm not sure racial prejudices would factor into the decision making here.

I had the idea a couple weeks ago in another thread, that if they DID add a new playable race, creating a truncated (i.e. high EXP) personal story that takes place during current events, in which you meet the members of Dragon's Watch, and by the end replace their previous "slain" commander before going into whatever the current main story is. Although that would probably require extra dialogue lines to be added from that point forward to get around references to experiences the "old" commander went through with existing characters.

On top of that, we didn't even advance into the full realm of the existing races yet.. Blood and Ashlegion homes for a start, as Charr definetly need some love to reflect all those current events happening.. same applys to every race to be fair, as most major cities are still frozen in time, a lot of possible catchup to do there. While LS1 is mostly frowned upon, what i personally liked about it, is how the events added some change to the maps involved, making everything feel kinda alive, so to say.

There is so much available variety in what kind of character you can make, I don't even know why people want this. Never mind that it'll never happen. All that's needed is some more variety in the appearance choices/skins for existing races.

I don’t expect new races as that would mean having to make them work with the personal story and living story up to their availability.

There’s also the very large issue of having to redesign all armor sets to fit that race. Considering that armor sets are the most expensive thing to create in this game, this becomes very cost prohibitive.

A new race also don’t really add anything beyond aesthetics and some RP value for those that do that. Anything to do with lore and story can be achieved without having to actually play as them.

I'd love to see those adorable quaggans or cute skritt as playable races.... either would be fun! Alot of players I'm sure would buy another expansion if that was specifically included in it..... ANET marketing.... hint hint.... I was also one of the many that voted in favor of mounts (which many said wouldn't happen... but did! yay!!!).... may the pale tree bless us with a new playable race....

I would like to see Sirens as a new playable race.

They seem very connected to the music, so their history can be build on this aspect;Sylvari- Nature, Charr- War, Norn- Spirit, Human- Honor, Asura- Intelligence.

Also it wouldn't mean they couldn't walk on the land. The ancient, almost forgotten Sirens were coming on the highest peaks of Orr to sing the songs of the Gods.

Also the specializations built on the music like for example Revenant: Connect with the Echoes of the Mists, or Mesmer: Sing the song of the phantasm, that would confuse the enemies, or elementalist connected with 4 Gods of Fire, Earth, Water and Air- similar to the special skills from Siren's Landing, or necromancer- the Singer of the Freezing Death.

I personally would like such specializations and race- connected with the music.

Archived