Is Chronomancer in anyway viable in PVP???

magnolia.1570

I wanted to try to play mesmer in pvp but I only have the HoT expansion so that crosses out meta builds out of the equation. Just wanted to know if chronomancer or vanilla mesmer can be played in pvp and would still do good and if so what builds should I use :)

Yes, though the Chronomancer bunker build that got nerfed recently is a bad choice. The Disenchanter build on Metabattle is still viable but it doesn't win 1v1s anymore, the only way you can use it is to hold a cap you already have in a 1v1. I wouldn't recommend it since it's the only thing it can do.

That being said, power shatter Chrono is still strong, @Caspian.2814 (I hope that's the right guy) plays it sometimes. Maybe he can give you tips.

First Build is a power build that strips boons and also keeps you conditionless... Imagined Burden, Chronophantasma and Sympathetic Visage have great synergy together, Phantasmal Berserker will remove 4 conditions for example.

Second Build is a Hybrid Confusion build... It uses a Grievers Amulet and pistol.

Those 2 are my 2 overall favourites, won't be meta or anything like that but they can be really effective and fun if played right.

Power Chrono is been hit with the nerf bat too many times. You need a lot of experience with the elite to play it with any success. Be prepared to play with hardly condi cleanse, and no stability. Because it is either no available or hard to work into any build without losing competitive damage. Any damage increase changes comes at the cost of defense and vice versa. Condi chrono is in a better position with more build diversity, but if you play condi, better to take mirage as it is much more forgiving due to evades and has more aoe, and this game is about aoes.

@Vague Memory.2817 said:Condi chrono is in a better position with more build diversity, but if you play condi, better to take mirage as it is much more forgiving due to evades and has more aoe, and this game is about aoes.

Condi chrono has no damage anymore, even lower than full bunker power chrono, just without the sustain. Honestly renegade tier build.

Archived