Gw2 is enabling LFG system abuse and harrassment (no exaggeration)

To come straight to the point: People you blocked can still join your party/squad in LFG infinitely without any way to stop it. This leads to some very troubling issues.

For example we had a player in our raid (Deimos CM, which isn't easy to find people for) who was being annoying, spamming things in chat and sexually harrassing the commander.After a while we kicked him without much of a fuss, but of course since the LFG/blocking is so fundamentally flawed he kept joining the squad over and over. In total he joined and got kicked easily over 50 times and even joined instantly after we waited 5-10 mins.This also prevented us from finding any other player to replace him, because it was already late at night and we didn't find a replacement in our contacts, so we eventually had to stop the raid. If we would've let him join the squad again it remains questionable if he would've even started playing normally again. In theory he could've just joined the squad and done nothing.

I'm sorry to say this and I don't have anything against this game or ArenaNet, in fact I like both a lot, but if this issue isn't resolved the LFG system is basically useless in a worst case scenario. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible so people can reliably use the LFG again without being sabotaged by griefers.

Thank you for listening.

EDIT: We disabled the /squadjoin shortly after he started using it, so he didn't join through that.

report him for harassing behaviour asap! When people start doing this report them. Hell if they do it a lot like this have every member of the raid report them if needed. People with brains so weak they find stuff like that fun isn't worth having in this game.

Cant you set your squad to invite or accept invite only? Im not sure how that affects LFGs though.

That and creating a single party for LFG and another as the actual party. If you have at least one that can lead and one willing to get out of the squad and make their own squad just for a LFG entry and evaluation squad for the actual party.

@Daedalus.4193 said:report him for harassing behaviour asap! When people start doing this report them. Hell if they do it a lot like this have every member of the raid report them if needed. People with brains so weak they find stuff like that fun isn't worth having in this game.

Most of the squad reported him but it didn't really help us in that situation. :(

@Martnor.1746 said:I thought there was a limit to how many times you join a squad/get kicked before the LFG tool gave you a time out?

Apparently not because he rejoined via LFG A LOT of times.

@Daedalus.4193 said:he prob just did /squadjoin to a member of the raiding party directly. Don't know if that is affected by the lfg barriers

We disabled the /squadjoin after he did that a few times.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:You should have waited for about 15 minutes before posting new LFG. If the troll didn't see you reposting all the time, he would just go away bored.

Highly doubt it because he was still trying to draw our attention in the raid lobby over 20 mins after we stopped raiding...

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Cant you set your squad to invite or accept invite only? Im not sure how that affects LFGs though.

That and creating a single party for LFG and another as the actual party. If you have at least one that can lead and one willing to get out of the squad and make their own squad just for a LFG entry and evaluation squad for the actual party.

We will do this next time but it's ridiculous that we have to resort to workarounds like this because they made a mistake in the LFG design... :/

@Raysson.2079 said:

@Daedalus.4193 said:report him for harassing behaviour asap! When people start doing this report them. Hell if they do it a lot like this have every member of the raid report them if needed. People with brains so weak they find stuff like that fun isn't worth having in this game.

Most of the squad reported him but it didn't really help us in that situation. :(

It doesn't help the immediate situation. It does help in the longer term, because once a human at ANet reviews that players report, and assesses this behaviour from the logs, a significant punishment should shortly follow. This is a pretty obvious case of intentional and deliberate harm. (One report would be just as effective as a hundred would be, but it doesn't hurt to have more more people complain.)

Because of the human element, though, unless you are lucky, it won't instantly solve the problem.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:You should have waited for about 15 minutes before posting new LFG. If the troll didn't see you reposting all the time, he would just go away bored.

Highly doubt it because he was still trying to draw our attention in the raid lobby over 20 mins after we stopped raiding...

This is, at best, a work-around for the problem. A kitten work-around at that.

I also think, @"Kheldorn.5123", that you are significantly underestimating the dedication some of these people have to nursing their grievances. If there are gamers willing to have SWAT land at the house of someone because of in-game annoyances, knowing full well that they will be armed, and expecting armed resistance, after spending the time to dig up physical locations, then ... someone spending 20 minutes watching that a group is still present in the lobby to annoy them? Well, doesn't seem unlikely to me that in at least some cases that'd happen.

Ultimately, I support @Raysson.2079 in the request that someone blocked by a member of an LFG group should not be able to join that group. It is absolutely a restriction that, for things like taxi for world boss groups, would cause some pain to people -- quite possibly including me -- but I think better for the overall game.

(Not strictly relevant, but I'm pretty sure running around with an LGBT guild tag gets me random blocks as well as insults, hence the comment.)

Just so everyone knows...this has been in existence since the beginning of time(or at least since the beginning of GW2 and the creation of the LFG tool)...blocking is only designed to keep the person from contacting you directly...it's not intertwined with the LFG tool, and I'm not so sure it would be that easy to do since they are both entirely separate systems.

Well like one person already mentioned in these situations just get 1 person to solo search for a new member in a new group since if the guy is blocked may he rot in the 1 person group while you are looking for a new member. If he is talking but you can't read it he is bound to give up since if he does not have like 8 spare accounts as well as PCs he is unable do annoy you any more.

On that point I would like the kick option to have an automatic 5 minute block to join the group that kicked. And on the same hand for there to be a window you have to give a reason you kicked someone, the kicked person can see just to be fair to other sides. (I am aware that also gives no real advantages since you could just key in whatever but it might be sometimes used correctly)

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Just so everyone knows...this has been in existence since the beginning of time(or at least since the beginning of GW2 and the creation of the LFG tool)...blocking is only designed to keep the person from contacting you directly...it's not intertwined with the LFG tool, and I'm not so sure it would be that easy to do since they are both entirely separate systems.

Whether or not it's "easy" is a matter for ArenaNet but they should change it so that you can't rejoin squads or parties that you were kicked from for a period of an hour or two.

This is one of those instances where protecting one player from any exclusion is hurting everyone around them. Solutions have been mentioned many times before.

1. Blocked players can no longer join your group or squad2. Kicked players can't reapply for a short duration of time3. Any applicants have to be accepted by the majority before they are able to join4. An actual LFG tool with options and requirements

@Raysson.2079 said:To come straight to the point: People you blocked can still join your party/squad in LFG infinitely without any way to stop it. This leads to some very troubling issues.

For example we had a player in our raid (Deimos CM, which isn't easy to find people for) who was being annoying, spamming things in chat and sexually harrassing the commander.After a while we kicked him without much of a fuss, but of course since the LFG/blocking is so fundamentally flawed he kept joining the squad over and over. In total he joined and got kicked easily over 50 times and even joined instantly after we waited 5-10 mins.This also prevented us from finding any other player to replace him, because it was already late at night and we didn't find a replacement in our contacts, so we eventually had to stop the raid. If we would've let him join the squad again it remains questionable if he would've even started playing normally again. In theory he could've just joined the squad and done nothing.

I'm sorry to say this and I don't have anything against this game or ArenaNet, in fact I like both a lot, but if this issue isn't resolved the LFG system is basically useless in a worst case scenario. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible so people can reliably use the LFG again without being sabotaged by griefers.

Thank you for listening.

EDIT: We disabled the /squadjoin shortly after he started using it, so he didn't join through that.

I think the solution is simple- after, let's say, 5 times the same person that was kicked from a party/squad, he will be suspended for some ammount of time, and won't be able to join any party/squad on LFG.

If this somebody will make this regularly, then it should lead to more hasty punishments such as suspending the account.

@Raysson.2079 said:To come straight to the point: People you blocked can still join your party/squad in LFG infinitely without any way to stop it. This leads to some very troubling issues.

Thank you for listening.

I think the solution is simple- after, let's say, 5 times the same person that was kicked from a party/squad joins the same party/squad, he will be suspended for some ammount of time, and won't be able to join any party/squad on LFG.

If this somebody will make this regularly, then it should lead to more hasty punishments such as suspending the account.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Ultimately, I support @Raysson.2079 in the request that someone blocked by a member of an LFG group should not be able to join that group. It is absolutely a restriction that, for things like taxi for world boss groups, would cause some pain to people -- quite possibly including me -- but I think better for the overall game.

I think implementing it like that would cause too much trouble - especially since you give trolls the option to block people from joining big squads (e.g. for meta events / taxis). A much better solution would imo be to restrict it to the block list of the squad leader / commander, that way you can still easily prevent trolls from (re)joining, but it's much less trouble overall.

Archived