WvW changes to allow for permanent no down state

Gwaihir.1745

There are a lot of people who are enjoying this event. However there are obviously some serious flaws with since the removal of down state since it is after all a core mechanic of gw2 since 2012 and lots of things rely on it. There are also players who dislike it but of those a decent few have taken interest in actually improving their fighting styles and builds this week; asking for builds and duels to train with. Here are a few things that are by no means finite nor in order of importance that should see changes to allow for a permanent no down state:

1. Commander tags no longer show as buffs to opposing servers to prevent pin sniping. (This may have already been changed if i missed the patch notes on it.)

2. Reduce outgoing spike damage amounts within reason in future balance patches. No one enjoys the 1 shot but it is also a part of the game, just make it harder to do and less common.

3. Upgrade guild claim's on objectives to 33% swiftness while inside the objective aura. This is currently 25% movement speed but since death will be a more common event this shouldhelp you get back into the fight faster. That said I run a core guardian without any 25% movement speed and I don't feel unduly hindered by this update.

4. Rework of scrapper and other down state traits for wvw to compensate for down state removal.

5. Slightly reduce time to leave combat and increase resurrect speed on defeated players. No need to have long ress times since after some fights there will be a lot of players to revive.

6. Tone down siege. With this update a siege against a tier 3 tower is much harder since there is no ress available. To counter this damaging siege should receive heavy handed nerfs, primarily arrow carts. This is something wvw has requested for a long time and this update could be the one that allows this to be a viable change. As defending groups will now stand a fighting chance against the insta-ress tactics of larger ones siege should become less relied on.

7. Your suggestions here --

@DemonSeed.3528 said:They could probably implement it the next time if they bring it back, but they already said it's not going to be a permanent feature.

Yeah but honestly I as a wvw player of 5 years I don't know how willing I am to go back to the pirate ship scourge line meta. No down state allows you to go for the backline and engage rather than circle each other in stale fights.

I'm sure area net has a motive for running this, even if they don't immediately intent for it to be permanent at least heavy nerfs to the down state mechanic. When a player has lost their hp to 0 they lost the fight, they should not be able to continue doing damage.

It will require rethinking of a lot of traits to all classes, and rebalancing which might not be everyone's cup of tea. On top of that the devs already have much on their plate, I think Raymond does at least with world restructuring. I don't think we should look too deeply into what we think their intent was with this event - it was just an event that they came up with to "shake things up". On the livestream they even talked about other ideas, and that they had many. If anyone missed the stream here it is [hehe that part where they got spawn camped was funny].

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:

1. Rework of scrapper and other down state traits for wvw to compensate for down state removal.

Got to love how the scrapper is singled out when almost every class has skills for it.

Either way, no. Because it's pointless. You want to nerf downstate? Ok, make a single change. You can no longer rally. That IMO is an acceptable compromise.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Gwaihir.1745" said:
  1. Rework of scrapper and other down state traits for wvw to compensate for down state removal.

Got to love how the scrapper is singled out when almost every class has skills for it.

Either way, no. Because it's pointless. You want to nerf downstate? Ok, make a single change. You can no longer rally. That IMO is an acceptable compromise.

Isn't them being singled out a good thing???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????It's almost like its the only spec with a mechanic dedicated to down state, and i directly mentioned 'other classes' in my post. I am very lost as to why you bothered posting this as it directly supports what I posted yet you seem to be arguing against it?? I've seen you post specifically about scrapper in other threads dude so don't cry about it being directly mentioned here.

And can you clarify 'you can no longer rally' because a rally is any way you leave down state be it ress, self healing or a killed player.

Archived