I putted a stone on DH Roamer Meditrapper

Darter.7862

After many months of tests, I came to the conclusion that roaming for the Dragonhunter is dead; it is literally impossible to roam alone, with the map full of thieves, engineers, rangers and mesmers; these classes make a percentage of damage out of scale (glass cannon, permastealth 20k backstab ...), always have the opportunity to disengage the fight and come back full of life ...

In short, for me, the Meditrapper should be removed completely from METAbattle and rewritten from the beginning, because the idea at the base still works if you use a core guardian with celestial stats, but the zerk DH now is litterally impossible to play

Even in smallscale is hard to be usefull with that build; i'm running the "DH frontliner" or this personal build, for support :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQJATRnkICdDhNdC2BBEEhl4BTe/FATgVBgGwA4afFDyBA-jFhaABAo8DFlgWu/gPq/EA4Aw5nf+5nfebf+5nf+5nf+5nfeA-w

BB roaming times :'(

@"Ragnarox.9601" said:Upgrade yourself into Firebrand.

without any offense

I really like Fb, it became my main since PoF.

BUT if we all follow reasoning like yours, then it would be enough to change class every time a new expansion comes out, because every time something broken will always come out.I want to play a DH, it's okay to adapt to the changes but I want to play "that", not the FB. As a result, I find your suggestion quite useless, since it is not the topic of this post.

I'm talking about redesign Meditrapper or give it a new role or abbadon it, not "change to Fb". Thanks you anyway.

@Darter.7862 said:

without any offense

BUT if we all follow reasoning like yours, then it would be enough to change class every time a new expansion comes out, because every time something broken will always come out.I want to play a DH, it's okay to adapt to the changes but I want to play "that", not the FB. As a result, I find your suggestion quite useless, since it is not the topic of this post.

I'm talking about redesign Meditrapper or give it a new role or abbadon it, not "change to Fb". Thanks you anyway.

They wont change anything in DH spec, maybe buff spirit weapons, devs dont like us that much like other classes, we get nerfed every balance update.As I said, you can talk about quality updates to DH sadly nothing will change. You can play Dh but you will feel inferior to everything.

@Darter.7862 said:

without any offense

Or u could wait into the next stronger gimmick.

@"Darter.7862" said:After many months of tests, I came to the conclusion that roaming for the Dragonhunter is dead; it is literally impossible to roam alone, with the map full of thieves, engineers, rangers and mesmers; these classes make a percentage of damage out of scale (glass cannon, permastealth 20k backstab ...), always have the opportunity to disengage the fight and come back full of life ...

In short, for me, the Meditrapper should be removed completely from METAbattle and rewritten from the beginning, because the idea at the base still works if you use a core guardian with celestial stats, but the zerk DH now is litterally impossible to play

Even in smallscale is hard to be usefull with that build; i'm running the "DH frontliner" or this personal build, for support :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVMQJATRnkICdDhNdC2BBEEhl4BTe/FATgVBgGwA4afFDyBA-jFhaABAo8DFlgWu/gPq/EA4Aw5nf+5nfebf+5nf+5nf+5nfeA-w

BB roaming times :'(

I dunno... I roam with dh meditrapper and I have lot of success, with dh thieves are really not a problem, and if you die to a thief as dh you are bad at playing it sorry.

Rangers are tough, but you can do it not in an open field where they have the bow advantage, and mesmer... well only mirage is a treat, but he is for every profession.

Would you mind sharing the build you use?Maybe you use an outdated or bad build on your dh.

It is so satisfying killing those proud spellbreakers or dodge food core warriors who think they are unkillable.

Of course you can't spam all your skills you have to know first who is your opponent.

I still have a good time roaming with dh and I can even win some 1vs2 once in a while.

In 1vs1 is still a pretty strong spec.

Even roaming holos can be owned pretty hard if you play correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not "literally impossible to roam". You are using a meditrapper metabattle build with berserker stats and you think roaming is dead because you can't get out of spawn? Without even trying to go more tanky or change stuff around to suit your needs? Do you even read what your traits and skills do? No offense, but after reading your "personal build", i dont think you do.

So no, you didn't "put a stone on meditrapper", it's just not meta + you are not good at it.

Don't take my post as an insult.

Archived