Jump to content
  • Sign Up

No downstate is fine. We also need No rezzing.


Notjes.7182

Recommended Posts

I find it not so great with all the unblockable rangers out there, had to change a few things up (seems to be a lot more 5+ gank squads around)It was fun though 2 of us on sup arrow carts killing 5-10+

Its great as a gimmick but long term i think not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BadMed.3846 said:No downstate is not fine. It takes away yet another team based element out of the game. All I can see this week is high burst builds aiming at killing before enemy can even react. I don't want this game to be turn into another FPS.

Do you need me to define 'FPS' for you or do you have a dictionary / google on hand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:No downstate is not fine. It takes away yet another team based element out of the game. All I can see this week is high burst builds aiming at killing before enemy can even react. I don't want this game to be turn into another FPS.

Do you need me to define 'FPS' for you or do you have a dictionary / google on hand?

I'm sure you've googled by now. But in case your fingers are already sore, it's "First Person Shooter".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@fost.9167 said:I find it not so great with all the unblockable rangers out there, had to change a few things up (seems to be a lot more 5+ gank squads around)It was fun though 2 of us on sup arrow carts killing 5-10+

Its great as a gimmick but long term i think not.

yep, after the event i saw a lot more of gank squads running around, the best part is that they are so bad lol guess most are people who are frustrated and though was super easy to jump on thief and kill people, yesterday me playing Support FB and a random player with Reaper completely destroyed a gank group with 2 mirages, 2 thiefs and a holo, was so fun cause they keep running back from spawn non stop, we wiped them like 3 times in a row till they gave up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BadMed.3846 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:No downstate is not fine. It takes away yet another team based element out of the game. All I can see this week is high burst builds aiming at killing before enemy can even react. I don't want this game to be turn into another FPS.

Do you need me to define 'FPS' for you or do you have a dictionary / google on hand?

I'm sure you've googled by now. But in case your fingers are already sore, it's "First Person Shooter".

Did you like even read what I posted? Oblivious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I wont mind the hard rezing, gw1 even had hard rez skills where some key players would take, but um bias from gw1 :x

we used to have them in gw2 too.....

untill people whined about warbanner warriors preventing wipes that already occured....

Yeah but we had those plus the downstate, not just only one, and if i remmember well(maybenot) war banner needed players in down state, and was instantly, not susceptible to interrupts.Maybe we could have it take 5-6secons and roots/slow caster, Anet could bring back the interrupting ranger as wel ._.#

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@derd.6413 said:that's an awful idea. it means that after every fight a zerg has to go back to spawn to pick up the defeated allies.

This is not awful, this is great. After a fight were you had looses, you have to decide if you are strong enough to continue or have to abort your plan and restart from a WP.

But I would prefer to have downstate, just no rezzing of totally dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Dayra.7405 said:

@derd.6413 said:that's an awful idea. it means that after every fight a zerg has to go back to spawn to pick up the defeated allies.

This is not awful, this is great. After a fight were you had looses, you have to decide if you are strong enough to continue or have to abort your plan and restart from a WP.

But I would prefer to have downstate, just no rezzing of totally dead.

That is one of those things that sounds good on paper, on the practice would make combat worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So many outnumbered matchups (e.g. 2v4), I lost just because of not interruptable quick rezzes over and over again. I hate the downstate mechanic since it exists. No downstate would result in a lot more strategic gameplay as focussing targets in a specific order in team fights would be rewarded much more than currently.

But remove even rezzing from death? That's not nessessary at all. It's already not possible to rez while in combat. That's more than enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:I wont mind the hard rezing, gw1 even had hard rez skills where some key players would take, but um bias from gw1 :x

we used to have them in gw2 too.....

untill people whined about warbanner warriors preventing wipes that already occured....

Yeah but we had those plus the downstate, not just only one, and if i remmember well(maybenot) war banner needed players in down state, and was instantly, not susceptible to interrupts.Maybe we could have it take 5-6secons and roots/slow caster, Anet could bring back the interrupting ranger as wel ._.#

war banner always had 1-2s of casting time and in it's original form it worked on both downed and defeated, as with any other similar skill on any other class.

ranger was funny for a bit because it had two such skills - search and rescue and spirit of nature. but they all had that nasty 3m+cds making them rarely worthy picking - warbanner was here huge exception because outside of instarez it provided alot of buffs on it's own.

@Dayra.7405 said:

@derd.6413 said:that's an awful idea. it means that after every fight a zerg has to go back to spawn to pick up the defeated allies.

This is not awful, this is great. After a fight were you had looses, you have to decide if you are strong enough to continue or have to abort your plan and restart from a WP.

But I would prefer to have downstate, just no rezzing of totally dead.

proper regrouping after a fight is one of things that divides good zergs from bad zergs - if it was impossible to revive defeated allies it would prolong that already not as short as you'd think process, meaning that if you want to regroup after one fight you could just as well forget going forward because in this time their zerg will easilly catch up from wp - similar for pushing without regrouping - they'd still catch you up faster than your deads would take to rejoin and with full force of theirs - meaning that the only possible way to get any objective capped would be by main group just keeping main enemy group engaged and occupied while smaller teams try to work on the objectives which would lead to fairly boring and unfun gameplay for most involved.

you already have to be ooc to rez defeated players that's just enought of limitaions in this department as it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Lord Trejgon.2809, tks for the input and correction, 1-2 sec feels really short for a skill that rezzed that many :\, maybe if Anet removed the downstate those skills could be better and have it's usage, players dont use that cause they dont need, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No rezzing can become a nice strategic feature IFF there are more revive points (RPs) than just WPs, e.g. every controlled objective can be a RP.

(Difference between RP and WP is: you cannot freely Port to a RP, you can only use the RPs on the map on which you died. Maybe you cannot even choose the RP the system chooses for you: the closest which isn’t the one in which you died)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...