Are the new elites superior?

spayced.2016

Hesitating to buy the expansion...I'm a little sour on the previous expansion where the elite specs were basically superior to all others and_ not _taking them was akin to gimping your character.Is it still like that?Could one swing a wide variety of builds now? Or is it basically the newest ones all vying for superiority?

Personally I'm finding Firebrand is better for PVE than regular guardian. Where Dragonhunter I only use in PVP, Firebrand I was able to switch to easily. You don't have to use the new weapon to gain access to the new skills. The virtues are almost identical, only instead of giving a one time boon to other players nearby you are given pips to use on other players up to 8 times.

Choosing traits that grant quickness on stability and aegis goes well with vanilla guardian utility skills. I now run Firebrand in PVE always and would not go back to regular Guardian

strictly pve:weaver - better than tempest against big targets, if the ferocity/% damage modifiers get nerfed... we'll seedeadeye - needs more testing, but seems daredevil's better (staff/bound/fist flurry its just too good)mirage - no way it replaces chronomancer for raidsscourge - seems better than condi reaperspellbreaker - meh, stick to condi/phalanx berserker... unless upcoming raids require massive boon hatesoulbeast - seems on par/slightly better than condi druid... your party loses grace of the land tho.firebrand - right now, MASSIVELY better than dragonhunter in the DPS department, WILL be nerfed. Zero support if you go dps.renegade - slightly better condi damage and that's itholosmith - needs more testing, power build seems alright

Archived