Level of Difficulty for Story Instances

My Deadeye was able to pass this one very early story mission but my Weaver which i expected would do better is stuck in melee range and gets torn apart by the dozen of mobs that aggro at the same time. I understand it is possible to complete it by reviving at checkpoint multiple times. Even so, my gear start breaking before i can complete the mission.

Is that intended design? The checkpoint thing?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@alchemist.6851 said:gw2 stories are not a walk in the park.. you have played skyrim or similar game then you know what keeps you motivated are challenges and reward..

don’t even talk about dark souls

Skyrim and challenges dont go together, even on the hardest difficulty i find myself making mods to make the game harder due to how easy it is, same for Fallout, compared to those, the missions in GW2 are easy.

Dark Souls is on a whole other level, never been able to make it past the first boss in number 3 probably due to lacking a controller for my computer, but regardless, comparing any game to Dark Souls for difficulty is a no go.

In all blunt honesty, just play Minion Reaper. You'll have a whole blob of units to protect you from projectiles, take aggro away from you, one of the best heal skills in the game for fighting multiple mobs ("Your Soul is Mine"), and access to literally two whole effective health bars via Shroud. It's very low maintenance and generally only requires you have basic awareness of an encounter.

That was my attempt at NOT being a bloody idiot and berating somebody for having trouble with the game and instead actually giving some helpful advice, unlike some people in this thread.

Archived