Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Just Bought the 2 expansions. Nothing showing up


Recommended Posts

Hi all,Just purchased both of the xpacs for 42.99. Nothing is showing up in-game yet, is this normal? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time?My acc was a f2p and has now been upgraded (checked in acc settings) saying that both xpacs are "active" yet nothing has happened.Please help - im pulling out what little hair I have left!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you tried logging out (completely, not just to character select) and back in since buying the upgrade? That's sometimes necessary to activate additional purchases.

Otherwise. what is it you're expecting to show up? Adding the expansions to your account should have removed the free to play restrictions - so you can post in map chat, buy and sell all items on the TP, have all 5 base character slots unlocked (plus any extras you may have purchased) and so on. But you won't need to download anything extra because everyone has the same copy of the game with all content, it's just your access to it that's changed.

Clearly your account has been upgraded because you can post on this forum, but if you've still got all the free to play restrictions in-game you may need to contact Support to get them to fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recon the notification on story depends how far you actually are in story... maybe? Otherwise you may have to go to hero panel - story and activate the one you want to do. To get to the expansion areas you do need to do story as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have to be level 80 on any character to access HoT or PoF and you also have to open the areas up by getting there. Depending on how long you have been playing the free trial version you will probably have to purchase the living story if you are interested in those things. From now on all you have to do is log on when the next story is active and you will not have to buy it again. The Living story also adds more maps and content to the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game requires 3-4 days until everything becomes available to you. All I can suggest right now is to hold tight. After a few days, not only will the expansion content be available to you, but also the restrictions of a free account will be lifted.

Patience, my friend. That's all is needed. I've known this because I've helped a friend get into Heart of Thorns and it does take a few days for your account to truly reflect the new status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@altermaven.7385 said:The game requires 3-4 days until everything becomes available to you. All I can suggest right now is to hold tight. After a few days, not only will the expansion content be available to you, but also the restrictions of a free account will be lifted.

Patience, my friend. That's all is needed. I've known this because I've helped a friend get into Heart of Thorns and it does take a few days for your account to truly reflect the new status.

Really? My account changed instantly when I added HoT and PoF. What wasn't unlocked straight away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can log in to your Guild Wars 2 account to see if the purchased expansions have been successfully added to your account:

https://account.arena.net

It should clearly show both expansions and expansion logos when you log in and view your game accounts.

When they are there, log back into the game, open the hero panel, go to the Story Journal and select the expansion story you like to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"altermaven.7385" said:The game requires 3-4 days until everything becomes available to you. All I can suggest right now is to hold tight. After a few days, not only will the expansion content be available to you, but also the restrictions of a free account will be lifted.

Patience, my friend. That's all is needed. I've known this because I've helped a friend get into Heart of Thorns and it
does
take a few days for your account to truly reflect the new status.

Really? My account changed instantly when I added HoT and PoF. What wasn't unlocked straight away?

You core account dident back in the day mate, since the OP just upgraded from free to play then they just unlocked their core account now.EditFrom just a fleshwounds link

Time requirement

Some content is restricted until sufficient real-world time has passed. Use the Chat command "/age" to display: the number of days since account creation, the number of hours played by all characters and the number of hours played by the current character.

Three Day

There is a 72-hour restriction on:

Currency Exchange in the Gem store after account creation to combat botting and scams.All deposits and withdrawals to the Guild Vault after joining a guild. The time remaining is shown on the Guild Vault display and the entire vault is "grayed out". This timer is reset if you leave and rejoin a guild. It is not affected by either Guild Rank or Vault permissions.

Five Day

The trading post limits (ability to buy or sell certain items) is removed 5 days after purchasing an expansion.

Seven Day

There is a restriction of 500 Gold coin per week on the total amount any account may receive from a Guild Vault or via in-game mail. If this is exceeded using the Guild Vault then the "withdraw" button is "greyed out". If exceeded using in-game mail then when you hover over the "Take All" button", you may see:

“This would exceed the value allowed to be received by this account this week. Each account can only receive 5,000,000 coins per week through in-game mail or the Guild Vault. Please wait and try again later.— In-game message

First Month

The first 30 days following creation, a new account is limited as follows:

Amount of coin that can be mailed. However, any amount can be received.Value of items both deposited into and withdrawn from a Guild Vault. 

The amount you are allowed increases approximately one gold every 10 hours. When this amount is exceeded, the error message that appears is:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Beloch.2437" said:Hi all,Just purchased both of the xpacs for 42.99. Nothing is showing up in-game yet, is this normal? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time?My acc was a f2p and has now been upgraded (checked in acc settings) saying that both xpacs are "active" yet nothing has happened.Please help - im pulling out what little hair I have left!!

It's likely that you're not seeing anything since you wouldn't normally get directed to the expansions' story segments. There's a couple of things you can do to check:1) In your inventory, see that you have 1-2 Shared Inventory Slots with Level-80 Boosts in at least one. I believe those are added to your account no matter if you bought regular or deluxe.2) Bring up Hero Panel (Default hotkey H) and look at the Story tab (about halfway down, looks like a star). There you should see Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire.If either (or both) of the above are true you're all set to go. Anytime you want to go ahead and play the expansions, activate them from Story tab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Linken.6345 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:The game requires 3-4 days until everything becomes available to you. All I can suggest right now is to hold tight. After a few days, not only will the expansion content be available to you, but also the restrictions of a free account will be lifted.

Patience, my friend. That's all is needed. I've known this because I've helped a friend get into Heart of Thorns and it
does
take a few days for your account to truly reflect the new status.

Really? My account changed instantly when I added HoT and PoF. What wasn't unlocked straight away?

You core account dident back in the day mate, since the OP just upgraded from free to play then they just unlocked their core account now.

It did, you know, but mine was active during the 3 day head start event long before free to play accounts were added.

There are restrictions on various financial aspects of the game yes, transferring gold and so on, but those apply to all new accounts, are nothing to do with the expansions and are lifted after a certain amount of time on any account. You should be able to get into the expansion content straight away without any waiting period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...