Scourge and spellbreaker need to be toned down

Shala.8352

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to see

SCOURGELess condition variety, and more support for group and self.It is 90% carried by having pulsing dumbfire 7s/20s. It is a lot weaker and clunkier support than tempest/druid and miiiles behind in survival which is must for a support/bunker.

SPELLBREAKERIMMUNITIES + HEALING , its always same problem.The durations are crazy, considering resistance or stability can make you avoid majority of damage, it more than double the value of permanent protection.Then theres MOBILITY on vanilla and FULL COUNTER on spellbreaker.I never liked the "leaps unaffected by cripple chill change" , id seriously consider some necro target porting added to vanilla necro to keep up. Acrobat dodging warrior is also a nice meme.For full counter, id remove the slow and maybe other strong condies. I dont mind the damage, and if the above resistance and stability are gone then you should be able to kite it out.

I think these two classes are good as they are. I personally play as a spellbreaker and the only difference now from when I used berserker is that I can share the condis that I'm suffering with my enemies, I deal the same damage and can take the same as before. In pvp I still have more trouble with reapers then scourges, just learn to evade scourge's aoe and you'll be fine. If you want to nerf then instead boost holosmith and deadeye the poor things are a downgrade from scrapper and daredevil.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Nova.3817 said:as a scourage id trade dmg for some survivbility maybe i just havent got a good build or a its a ltp issue but im having tons of trouble sustaining

What you say goes against the reality of facts....hundreds of scourge seems to disagree with you in PvP and wvw ..and the rest.....
if it's so hard why there are hundreds of scourges?

there prolly less then 100 necros in the pvp scene right now so lets not exaggerate much ok... ;-) the class isnt hard to play it just doesnt have alot in way of sustain

and WVW has nothing to do with pvp thread ;-/

@chibbi.3706 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@The one to Rule.2593 said:Sounds like learn to play issues.

Aka play only ranged class? Because setting aside the common nature of this thread, the OP is indeed correct,
you cannot effectively get close 1m range of a scourge

You can when his shroud is down, just bait it, disengage then reengage.

Or if you're a weaver you just don't give a kitten about scourge.

Scourge doesn't even have shroud......

So I wonder who really have the l2p issue

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Maybe if you play another class against scourge and record it...your message would get across more easily I believe

I got a better idea: you record your footage of fighting against a scourge necro and we'll happily critique you on everything you're doing wrong.

@Lord Velar.1509 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"The one to Rule.2593" said:Sounds like learn to play issues.

Aka play only ranged class? Because setting aside the common nature of this thread, the OP is indeed correct,

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Shroud...

@chibbi.3706 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

That's shroud in name only.

"Desert shroud" is actually a 5k barrier that decays in 6 seconds.

Reaper's Shroud and Death Shroud (the actual shroud skills) are transforms that give around 20k HP depending on build and take 33 seconds to decay.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Reaper's Shroud and Death Shroud (the actual shroud skills) are transforms that give around 20k HP depending on build and take 33 seconds to decay.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

So what ? My point still stand, bait the shroud, disengage then reengage. I don't give a fuck if it's a transformation or not, the ability is named "desert shroud" so I call it how it's named.

God ...What the fuck do you not understand ?The dude said you can't go melee against a scourge because then he just shits condition on you. So I answered "you can go melee once his shroud is down, so just disengage when he pops it and re engage after"You don't kite the barrier you kite the pulsing burning and torment ...

@chibbi.3706 said:God ...What the kitten do you not understand ?The dude said you can't go melee against a scourge because then he just kitten condition on you. So I answered "you can go melee once his shroud is down, so just disengage when he pops it and re engage after"You don't kite the barrier you kite the pulsing burning and torment ...

So why didn't you just say that instead of trying to argue us down on whats a shroud or what isn't it? Why didn't you specify that when you first said shroud?

Obviously we were going to assume that you were talking about desert shroud except thinking that it was like death shroud or core shroud

See if you had just said that at the start all of that could have been avoided

@Lord Velar.1509 said:

@chibbi.3706 said:God ...What the kitten do you not understand ?The dude said you can't go melee against a scourge because then he just kitten condition on you. So I answered "you can go melee once his shroud is down, so just disengage when he pops it and re engage after"You don't kite the barrier you kite the pulsing burning and torment ...

So why didn't you just say that instead of trying to argue us down on whats a shroud or what isn't it? Why didn't you specify that when you first said shroud?

Obviously we were going to assume that you were talking about desert shroud except thinking that it was like death shroud or core shroud

See if you had just said that at the start all of that could have been avoided

Why? He is correct.

Desert shroud is, by Anet's definition, scourge's shroud. Only because it isnt a transformation or doesnt give a "second" healthpool it doesnt become less of a shroud.

Desert shroud is not the issue and is a very small part of the scourge damage. It's the sand minions that pulse boon conversion, it's all the F abilities that convert boons, it's every utility skill with no traiting necessary that converts boons, it's whatever weapon skills that converts boons, add barrier, add drumfire. There is no waiting for shroud to go away. Who gives a crap about desert shroud?

@Noenp.2041 said:I think these two classes are good as they are. I personally play as a spellbreaker and the only difference now from when I used berserker is that I can share the condis that I'm suffering with my enemies, I deal the same damage and can take the same as before. In pvp I still have more trouble with reapers then scourges, just learn to evade scourge's aoe and you'll be fine. If you want to nerf then instead boost holosmith and deadeye the poor things are a downgrade from scrapper and daredevil.

Deadeye is a downgrade from Daredevil in my books as well. However Holosmith in my honest opinion, is a nice upgrade from Scrapper. Holosmith is like putting together a puzzle. Once it's done it's amazing. I'm actually surprised not many people are playing them. Holosmith vs Scrapper, I'd say Holosmith wins 9 times out of 10.

And no you can't have my Holosmith builds.

Scourge is definitely a really strong spec at the moment. Nos called the scourge the second most busted spec in gw2 PvP history right after bunker chrono before nerf.

The spec is much better than reaper in 1v1. Still has the same teamfight damage pressure and also got some pretty decent support. Even when outnumbered, it does better than reaper as the new utilities can help kiting quite well. Reaper just dies in a +1. This is a full package. I don't know what weakness it has yet.

Archived