What capital city are you visiting most?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA for making Mystic Salvage Kits. Divinity's Reach for Laurel Merch, and Queensdale for everything else. I'd kill for a Mystic Forge in a place that doesn't take as long to load as LA, though. Especially given the damned intro cinematic out of which I can't opt when I go there with a new character for the first time.

For capital city specifically at the end of a session I have to say LA, just bc it links directly from everywhere -- guild hall, pvp lobby, wvw, fractals, etc. . . .

But I can typically finish my business in those other places so I don't actually need to go back to LA . . .

For home instance I do Black Citadel just bc I do home instance on a charr . . .

Rata Sum is prolly the most convenient overall, if you don't need the mystic forge . . .

@juhani.5361 said:Divinity's Reach. The home instance farming nodes are easier to spot than in the other cities

Except the Brandstone node. That's in weird places in all of them, but at least the one in the Black Citadel is just there next to the garden plots, and in Hoelbrak it's just tucked in a corner almost behind a hanging cloth, rather than down some scruffy alley over there.

Rata Sum is the city I visit most often, LA on the other hand is the one I avoid. Ever since PoF came out it takes me anywhere from 3-5 minutes of sitting at the loading screen (more if I disconnect in the middle of it. x.x) and my cpu spikes to 100% for half of the loading.

For merchant/trading post/bank access I use the Mistlock Sanctuary. I voted Black Citadel though since I typically go there for home instance gathering on days when one of the dailies isn't specifically in one of the other zones. I default to Black Citadel for home instance gathering since the portal from Mistlock Sanctuary puts me close to the home instance entrance.

Before I had the Mistlock Sanctuary pass my characters went to their home cities, so Norn to Hoelbrak, Sylvari to The Grove, etc. I'd either park them at the bank or at a crafting station if they are crafters. But now whenever I need to use any of the services cities provide, I go to the Mistlock Sanctuary, and that is also where all my characters are now parked. The only time I visit cities are for daily home instance farming (I go to The Grove by default, unless there's a daily gathering in one of the other areas). I only visit Rata Sum when the Super Adventure Box is opened (since Maguuma gathering can be done in The Grove, and the home instance there is much more compact).

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"juhani.5361" said:Divinity's Reach. The home instance farming nodes are easier to spot than in the other cities

Except the Brandstone node. That's in weird places in all of them, but at least the one in the Black Citadel is just there next to the garden plots, and in Hoelbrak it's just tucked in a corner almost behind a hanging cloth, rather than down some scruffy alley over there.

Maybe I should rephrase-- "My four pathetic nodes show up easily on my minimap." ;) I don't have the brandstone node.

I voted Divinity.

Note that I have outpost Noble's Folly. Since then, all my toons are there and I very rarely use towns, except for farming home instance. Even before that, I was trying to avoid towns, and was more using the starter zone of Fields of Ruin area, that has bank/TP and crafting stations altogether, most of the time nicely empty. :)

Now regarding towns, for me, 3 criteria matter:

• How nice.
  • How practical.
  • How quiet it is (I don't like overcrowding, with mounts, those running in circles, those using their skills, those double clicking in a row their goodies doing serie of unpleasant flashing, and so on...).

Based on those 3 points, Divinity wins, with bank and TP together, crafting stations straight below reached by simply jumping down, the portals to LA and to FoR, and a moderate population unless there is an event right there (Like Wintersday).

I find the Grove beautiful, but it is a maze and the opposite of practical. I avoid LA as far as I can. First, I do not like the new design. Then, TP is too far from bank (to my taste) and at the top of it, it is mostly overcrowded, especially over the weekend. I do not like Black Citadel that is too dark and metal for me, plus the maze, plus the bank from from TP. Rata Sum and Hoelbrak, not much to say. They are OK, not more, with a little preference for Rata Sum where TP, bank and crafting stations are close together.

Archived