What capital city are you visiting most?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a habit where I can't just log out anywhere, I always try to find a nice peaceful spot to leave my character. So usually I'll TP to Scaver WP in Queensdale, use the TP and sell my junk, then talk a leisurely stroll/ride to Claypool, go to my spot under some trees and log out there. Other times I'll just find a nice peaceful spot around Queensdale, if there's a festival like wintersday then I'll normally stay in DR when I log out.

Rata Sum for the express purpose of farming the home instance nodes. It is the least terribly laid out instance.

I often wonder if they put any thought in placing those nodes at all..

Otherwise it is a lounge pass because of the convenience of a fast loading zone accessible from a shared inventory slot.

Rata Sum, simply cause it is the best. Anything you need is very close with an wide open center which makes it very pleasing to socialize. It IS our guildhall. Even before that was actually a thing. We (our guild) just like to hang out there and socialize with anyone there that likes to join conversations. I'm pretty sure that anyone that plays on the EU servers and visits RS often is familiar with [Warp] guild which originated from [iRA]. It's kinda funny actually cause most people see us as some kind of rp guild. While we're just a social guild that like to slack there.

I usually go to Ebonhawke. Everything there I need except a guild bank (and I can guild hall from there if I really need that), plus it loads much more quickly than Lion's Arch (a blessing on my laptop). I have a mystic conduit in inventory though, so no need to physically visit the Mystic Forge unless I need to buy from Miyani.

Most of my characters park in the Royal Terrace, which I count as time spent in DR as it's not instanced. If it only had an activity NPC it would have everything I need in a compact but airy space with access to open map chatter and quick hops to most current festivals. The Lily pass and the Spearmarshall's plea get me to Elona, the LS portal scrolls get me most everywhere else, but for inventory management, crafting, mystic forging, banking, DR's terrace is the place to be for me.

I use Rata Sum for efficiency for my routine gathering/selling. Everything is close together. The Accountancy waypoint for banks, trading posts and things in the home instance are conveniently placed as well I feel.

But I do love walking around Hoelbrak, DR and occasionally the Grove just for the scenery.

For me it's about a 50/50 split between DR and LA. DR due to the free and easy access via LS3 Doric scroll and access to a home instance. LA as a central return point after harvesting in other home instances for when they come up as dailies, or the rare times where I need to buy something from Miyani. I used to frequent LA much more often for MFing, but after creating a portable MF I don't need it for that anymore.

Archived