Fresh druid fractal build request

@Linken.6345 said:do ascalon catacombs and get a exotic magi set untill you can get coin enough for harrier ascended.

And before getting the ascended harrier set, do think twice about it. Harrier offers slightly easier gameplay and a paltry increase of your personal damage at the cost of substantial healing power and personal survivability when compared to an optimised concentration sigil build. Personally, I see little reason to play a full harrier build.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Linken.6345 said:do ascalon catacombs and get a exotic magi set untill you can get coin enough for harrier ascended.

And before getting the ascended harrier set, do think twice about it. Harrier offers slightly easier gameplay and a paltry increase of your personal damage at the cost of substantial healing power and personal survivability when compared to an optimised concentration sigil build. Personally, I see little reason to play a full harrier build.

Traited harrier with the correct foods leaves you at around 1450 healing power. For what do you want more if druids already heal more than enough?

@"Crispy.7048" said:Hi,I made my fresh druid character and I am looking for some cheap (I have around 10g), exotic based build for him.Every build which I saw are focused on Harrier stats but I dont see it on AH.

Any ideas, advices?

Ty in advance

Magi will work. Majority of the druid players are just focusing to provide more than just raw healing later on(boons for example from concentration) to optimize the specialization. Harrier is exclusive to PoF expansion(?). Harrier's exotic craftables "Bounty Hunter's" are account bound therefore can't be sold in TP. Try look for Insignia of the Harrier instead if you're still interested in it (to change asc armor stats in the future for agony infusions to proceed further in fractals).

@nia.4725 said:

Traited harrier with the correct foods leaves you at around 1450 healing power. For what do you want more if druids already heal more than enough?

Healing was nerfed quite significantly if you're not running lingering light (running GotL is a must). Personally I like magi/harrier mix with concentration sigil.

@NotOverlyCheesy.9427 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Healing was nerfed quite significantly if you're not running lingering light (running GotL is a must). Personally I like magi/harrier mix with concentration sigil.

I do know very well, but before the nerf druids were heavily overhealing. Now we overheal less. It's not a healing power problem. Not that I think harrier is the best for fracs, minstrel is better, but we don't 'need' more healing power. Also consider the absurd amount of outgoing healing we already have.

Harrier is good for druid beginners. Quite versatile and with few wasted stats. Go with Magi and slowly add more boon duration if you have to. It might not be ideal but it is certainly better than nothing when starting out.

However, min-maxing Healing Druids for Fractals is a different beast entirely.AR is not capped at 150. It is simply the max amount required to not take damage. You have to consider the additional concentration from the Fractal Potions (1.5 concentration per AR if you have the mastery) and the up to 40 passive AR from the passive buffs. Tears of Alba (+10 - +15 AR) come into play also and so does Rigorous Certainty (+5 AR). Thus you can reach 222 when using +9/+5 infusiong (not going to talk about +16 infusions). 222 AR results in 333 concentration which is around 22% boon duration. This would put any Full Harrier build at 117% boon duration. Far from ideal as boon duration is hard capped at 100%. You'd want to replace a certain number of gear pieces even at 150 AR (+15% boon duration) as it already puts you at 110% boon duration, something I see quite frequently.Most people do not run that much AR nor should we factor in Tears and RC buffs as you might not always have/use those, I am fully aware of that.Still an interesting topic and worth mentioning whenever Harrier efficiency comes up in these discussions.

@nia.4725 said:

I've seen enough PUGs that proved that you can never have enough healing power. But apart from those cases, which should not be representative of a druid's job, let me counter your question: what do you gain by going full harrier? That tiny bit of dps hardly is a compelling argument. Also, in my experience, harrier druids tend to go down much more frequently than the optimised ones, which isn't particularly helpful in case of a healer - certainly the persons behind the screen are a big factor, but not the only one.

@NotOverlyCheesy.9427 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:do ascalon catacombs and get a exotic magi set untill you can get coin enough for harrier ascended.

I thought I was the only one XDhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBHhZYkRFbVBnVgoFLMCG8TtqmVZKAfrAgznr0FDA-jhiXQByRpHI0Q0Qlg+TtCEqM4IqqornAA90HEqTBAA2fgUA+NzC-e

Archived