If you could have ANY weapon for your profession, what would it be?

Zexanima.7851

main hand, whip - all range.
Strength - pull/ interrupt with some condi like blind/confusion/stunt /bleed/poisonSkill 1 Dust Snappart 1: Snap the whip on the ground to create a cloud of dust: skill effect : confusion,part 2: Pull - pull your opponent into melee range. Skill is disable if opponent recoverd from confusion before you can pull.

Skill 2 Interrupt Snappart 1: Snap the whip at the opponent's hand and pulling away their weapon towards you. Skill effect: bleed if opponent usess knife type, stunt if it was shield/hammer etc.part 2: Return: throwing back the weapon at the opponent. skill effect : bleed/stunt

**Skills 3
with off hand arm guard that is also a weapon, when you use a whip in close range that arm guard will pose a a weapon.

ChakramsType: 1-Hander, useable in both HandsFor: Thief & ElementalistRange: Mid-RangeDamage Type: Hybrid

Chain WhipType: 2-HanderFor: Thief, Mesmer & NecromancerRange: Mid-RangeDamage Type: Power Thief, Condition Mesmer, Hybrid Necromancer

GreatshieldType: MH 1-HanderFor: Warrior & GuardianRange: Close to Mid-RangeDamage Type: Power Warrior, Hybrid Guardian

CrossbowType: 2-HanderFor: Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist & NecromancerRange: Mid- to Long RangeDamage Type: Hybrid Ranger & Engineer, Condition Elementalist, Power Necromancer*

GreataxeType: 2-HanderFor: Warrior & RangerRange: Close RangeDamage Type: Hybrid Warrior, Condition Ranger

Gauntlets/ClawsType: 1-Hander useable in both HandsFor: Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, NecromancerRange: Close Range Thief, Mid to Long Range Elementalist, Mesmer & NecromancerDamage Type: Power Thief & Mesmer, Hybrid Elementalist & Necromancer

So Chakrams, Chain Whips and Gauntlets/Claws for my Thief :3 when asking for Weapons, that are yet not in the game.For Weapons which are already there, is Offhand Sword baseline a must and aside of that they need to get Longbows, Torches and Focus

Profession: EngineerWeapon: GreatswordRange: Close to Medium Ranged (1 - 300)Damage Type: Power. with Condition Support.

Theme would be the engineer uses alchemy with the great sword to trigger various effects,

IE:Uses a Napalm Potion to set the great sword on fire and doing a AoE spin attack which inflicts burning on foes.Applies a Poison Potion and does a ground pound type attack that triggers a AoE that poisons and slows,

You get the idea.

These attacks would count as using a potion as well, of any potion trait line the engineer would have.

Salt Shaker

Warrior since i play warrior1 hander so i can souble fist some salt shakersRange? How far can you sprinkle salt?Hybrid

1. AA chain, sprinkles salt at target, last chain sprinkles salt in eyes causes blindness
  2. Sprinkle salt under your feet and slides in circle with your arms out letting the salt fly out the shaker, blind nearby foes
  3. Long range salt shaker throw shattering your salt shaker, Foes that get hit with this skill slips and gets knocked down, creates a slow field
  4. Sprinkles salt in your own eyes and become salty, gains fury might and quickness
  5. Vigorously sprinkles salt creating a salt field, foes and allies just become salty

@"Orpheal.8263" said:ChakramsType: 1-Hander, useable in both HandsFor: Thief & ElementalistRange: Mid-RangeDamage Type: Hybrid

Chain WhipType: 2-HanderFor: Thief, Mesmer & NecromancerRange: Mid-RangeDamage Type: Power Thief, Condition Mesmer, Hybrid Necromancer

GreatshieldType: MH 1-HanderFor: Warrior & GuardianRange: Close to Mid-RangeDamage Type: Power Warrior, Hybrid Guardian

CrossbowType: 2-HanderFor: Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist & NecromancerRange: Mid- to Long RangeDamage Type: Hybrid Ranger & Engineer, Condition Elementalist, Power Necromancer*

GreataxeType: 2-HanderFor: Warrior & RangerRange: Close RangeDamage Type: Hybrid Warrior, Condition Ranger

Gauntlets/ClawsType: 1-Hander useable in both HandsFor: Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, NecromancerRange: Close Range Thief, Mid to Long Range Elementalist, Mesmer & NecromancerDamage Type: Power Thief & Mesmer, Hybrid Elementalist & Necromancer

So Chakrams, Chain Whips and Gauntlets/Claws for my Thief :3 when asking for Weapons, that are yet not in the game.For Weapons which are already there, is Offhand Sword baseline a must and aside of that they need to get Longbows, Torches and Focus

how in the world would a greataxe on warrior be hybrid? get out with that, we already have sword as a "hybrid" weapon and see how well that works... even thematically it doesnt rly work.a greataxe... you telling me you make small cuts with it to slowly bleed out your opponent?? just no, i want greataxe too, but it would be a rather slow but rly heavy hitting weapon maybe with some cc, like pulling your foes with the axe head to you and then cleave em, like a hammer/axe/gs hybrid, some cc like hammer, some mobility from gs and good dmg like axe, would love that for wvw

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:
Chakrams
Type:
1-Hander
, useable in both HandsFor:
Thief & Elementalist
Range:
Mid-Range
Damage Type: Hybrid

Chain Whip
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Thief, Mesmer & Necromancer
Range:
Mid-Range
Damage Type: Power
Thief
, Condition
Mesmer
, Hybrid
Necromancer

Greatshield
Type:
MH 1-Hander
For:
Warrior & Guardian
Range:
Close to Mid-Range
Warrior
, Hybrid
Guardian

Crossbow
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist & Necromancer
Range: Mid- to Long Range
Ranger & Engineer
, Condition
Elementalist
, Power
Necromancer*

Greataxe
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Warrior & Ranger
Range: Close RangeDamage Type: Hybrid
Warrior
, Condition
Ranger

Gauntlets/Claws
Type:
1-Hander
useable in both HandsFor:
Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Necromancer
Range: Close Range
Thief
, Mid to Long Range
Elementalist, Mesmer & Necromancer
Thief & Mesmer
, Hybrid
Elementalist & Necromancer

how in the world would a greataxe on warrior be hybrid? get out with that, we already have sword as a "hybrid" weapon and see how well that works... even thematically it doesnt rly work.a greataxe... you telling me you make small cuts with it to slowly bleed out your opponent?? just no, i want greataxe too, but it would be a rather slow but rly heavy hitting weapon maybe with some cc, like pulling your foes with the axe head to you and then cleave em, like a hammer/axe/gs hybrid, some cc like hammer, some mobility from gs and good dmg like axe, would love that for wvw

Maybe it could be a really heavy hitting weapon that also applies bleeds and stuns..

@STIHL.2489 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:
Chakrams
Type:
1-Hander
Thief & Elementalist
Range:
Mid-Range

Chain Whip
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Range:
Mid-Range
Thief
, Condition
Mesmer
, Hybrid
Necromancer

Greatshield
Type:
MH 1-Hander
For:
Warrior & Guardian
Range:
Close to Mid-Range
Warrior
, Hybrid
Guardian

Crossbow
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Ranger & Engineer
, Condition
Elementalist
, Power
Necromancer*

Greataxe
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Warrior & Ranger
Warrior
, Condition
Ranger

Gauntlets/Claws
Type:
1-Hander
Thief
, Mid to Long Range
Thief & Mesmer
, Hybrid

Maybe it could be a really heavy hitting weapon that also applies bleeds and stuns..

stuns are not condi, bleeds are useless for power builds and bleeds alone dont make a condi or even hybrid weapon, just wastedyou know darius from lol? his kit with some kind of mobility instead of his w would be great, not his stupid bleed passive tho, for gw2 makes no sense

I also just realized this was a "Fantasy" thing.. like a weapon we don't already have.

With that said.. I love the idea of "Gauntlet" like weapons, posted by @"Orpheal.8263" , I could get behind something like this.. with various themes for the different classes..

Like Guards would Treat them more like Blunts, like a "Hammer First"

Where Rangers and Warrior would treat them like Bladed Claws, to rend and kill.

Necros would treat them like a Ritual Dagger of sorts, designed to slice and hemorrhage as opposed to gash.

Elementalist would use them as a Focus Kind of Item, designed to augment their spells.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:
Chakrams
Type:
1-Hander
Thief & Elementalist
Range:
Mid-Range

Chain Whip
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Range:
Mid-Range
Thief
, Condition
Mesmer
, Hybrid
Necromancer

Greatshield
Type:
MH 1-Hander
For:
Warrior & Guardian
Range:
Close to Mid-Range
Warrior
, Hybrid
Guardian

Crossbow
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Ranger & Engineer
, Condition
Elementalist
, Power
Necromancer*

Greataxe
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Warrior & Ranger
Warrior
, Condition
Ranger

Gauntlets/Claws
Type:
1-Hander
Thief
, Mid to Long Range
Thief & Mesmer
, Hybrid

stuns are not condi, bleeds are useless for power builds and bleeds alone dont make a condi or even hybrid weapon, just wastedyou know darius from lol? his kit with some kind of mobility instead of his w would be great, not his stupid bleed passive tho, for gw2 makes no sense

Never played lol, so I'll take your word for it.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:
Chakrams
Type:
1-Hander
Thief & Elementalist
Range:
Mid-Range

Chain Whip
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Range:
Mid-Range
Thief
, Condition
Mesmer
, Hybrid
Necromancer

Greatshield
Type:
MH 1-Hander
For:
Warrior & Guardian
Range:
Close to Mid-Range
Warrior
, Hybrid
Guardian

Crossbow
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Ranger & Engineer
, Condition
Elementalist
, Power
Necromancer*

Greataxe
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Warrior & Ranger
Warrior
, Condition
Ranger

Gauntlets/Claws
Type:
1-Hander
Thief
, Mid to Long Range
Thief & Mesmer
, Hybrid

he has an attack that has a rather slow animation where he hits all enemies around him, dealing more dmg to enemies that are hit by the blade and less to those that get hit by the handle, also heals for each enemy hit by the blade (not sure about the healing part in gw2, could be interesting), his second skill is a fast attack that cripples enemies(where id rather have some mobility) his third abillity is a hook that pulls all enemies in a cone in front of him with the axehead and his ultimate is an executing hit that deals true dmg and refreshes on killhaving aoe dmg, mobility and a hook rather than a knockback(like hammer 4) would be a great thing for wvw and maybe even for pve when fighting groups of enemiesthe getting hit by handle and blade mechanic would even make for outplay potential

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Orpheal.8263" said:
Chakrams
Type:
1-Hander
Thief & Elementalist
Range:
Mid-Range

Chain Whip
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Range:
Mid-Range
Thief
, Condition
Mesmer
, Hybrid
Necromancer

Greatshield
Type:
MH 1-Hander
For:
Warrior & Guardian
Range:
Close to Mid-Range
Warrior
, Hybrid
Guardian

Crossbow
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Ranger & Engineer
, Condition
Elementalist
, Power
Necromancer*

Greataxe
Type:
2-Hander
For:
Warrior & Ranger
Warrior
, Condition
Ranger

Gauntlets/Claws
Type:
1-Hander
Thief
, Mid to Long Range
Thief & Mesmer
, Hybrid

he has an attack that has a rather slow animation where he hits all enemies around him, dealing more dmg to enemies that are hit by the blade and less to those that get hit by the handle, also heals for each enemy hit by the blade (not sure about the healing part in gw2, could be interesting), his second skill is a fast attack that cripples enemies(where id rather have some mobility) his third abillity is a hook that pulls all enemies in a cone in front of him with the axehead and his ultimate is an executing hit that deals true dmg and refreshes on killhaving aoe dmg, mobility and a hook rather than a knockback(like hammer 4) would be a great thing for wvw and maybe even for pve when fighting groups of enemiesthe getting hit by handle and blade mechanic would even make for outplay potential

Sounds kinda cool.. reminds me of the Guards Greatsword attacks tho.. which.. if they went that route it might be easier to put them in..

I want a great axe for warrior as well. I'd want it to be a power weapon but what I'd like to see is to have a new class mechanic called combos. Is like abilities to change based on what the previous ability used was. Maybe great axe 5 trips the enemy which turns the number 1 skill into an slow hard hitting chop. Or may you could trip someone and combo into a big aoe knock back. It kind of introduces some weaver mechanics but into a hard hitting comboing warrior great axe.

Spear/glaive/polearm.

1. Makes the most sense. The spear is perhaps the oldest known weapon to mankind and one of the most common weapon types before the invention of firearms.
  2. Has the potential for very cool and flashy animations. Spears can cut (and are pretty good at it too due to their length + momentum) and therefore can be swung. They can stab, slash, or be thrown and various acrobatics can easily be woven into the animations.
  3. There is already a lot of in game lore establishing them as weapons.

I think warrior, guardian, thief, ranger, revenant and elementalist could all easily be given a polearm as a weapon and have it make sense. The way I imagine it, it would be a 2 handed weapon, although a 1 handed equivalent could also be introduced (similar to how there is sword/GS, mace/hammer, pistol/rifle).

Its focus for every class would be versatility since no other melee weapons are as versatile as spears. It could be either power or condi depending on the class but would always feature at least 1 solid damage/burst skill, 1 solid defensive utility and 1 solid ranged attack.

Unfortunately, I don't think Anet is ever going to implement this, or any other new weapon types for that matter. Just going off popular demand, spears/polearms are the most requested so they would be #1 priority for new weapons. LW 4, ep 1 is pretty solid evidence of Anet's stance: They won't incorporate spears/polearms into this game, ever and instead plan on just including some spear/polearm skins for staff to fill that niche.

It's really a pity... there is so much potential.

EngineerMace (the original Fixer Upper)melee, strength.

Skill 1.1 Weighted ThrustDirect Damage + 1 stack of might 6sSkill 1.2 Upper SwipeDirect Damage + 1 stack of vulnerability 6s + 1 stack of might 6sSkill 1.3 BackhandDirect Damage + 2 stacks of might 6s + 1s dazeMechanic: The first hit is a thrust that stabs the mace up front into the enemy. The second hit continues, swipes up in an arc. The third strike starts with the engineer turning his back to the enemy then hitting it with the hilt of the mace.

Skill 2 Aerial RoundDirect Damage 6x + projectile reflection during the charge + 1s daze upon last hitMechanic: The engineer flips the mace into the face of the enemy like a revolver.

Skill 3 Ground ChargeBlock for 3s while charging + Blastfinisher & AoE daze 3s upon completionMechanic: The engineer rams the mace into the ground, causing a small fissure and sparks around during the charging-phase. The electro-magnetic field blocks all hits. Upon completion a mini-earthquake is going on, dazing all enemies around and causing a Blastfinisher.

AsuraMain one-handed blunt instrument.

Skill #1 - SqueekAnnoy your target with the nasal voice of your Asura by swinging the Asura head first pummeling the target, stacking Torment with each "Squeek".

Skill #2 - "Fear My Wrath!"Hold the Asura over your head like a wet towel and yell, applying 2 stacks of confusion to targets within a 600 radius.

Skill #3 - Belly AcheHold the Asura outwards and squeeze its belly until the ground is covered in what it ate yesterday. Triggers 2 seconds of Fear.

© 2018 Regn.1924. I will sell the copyrights to ANet for a legendary armor set.

@"RedShark.9548" said:how in the world would a greataxe on warrior be hybrid? get out with that, we already have sword as a "hybrid" weapon and see how well that works... even thematically it doesnt rly work.a greataxe... you telling me you make small cuts with it to slowly bleed out your opponent?? just no, i want greataxe too, but it would be a rather slow but rly heavy hitting weapon maybe with some cc, like pulling your foes with the axe head to you and then cleave em, like a hammer/axe/gs hybrid, some cc like hammer, some mobility from gs and good dmg like axe, would love that for wvw

How in the world would a greataxe not be possible to be a Hybrid weapon?

Don't tell me, that if I don't chop at you with a big axe at your body, that my strikes won't be able to cause big bleedings on you, if I might happen to chop off an arm off of you ... on hypothesis naturally, cause surely this kind of brutallity isn't possible in GW2, but it isn't just only shown to us to keep this game child friendly, but in realism that would be kind of likely to happen, if I slash at your arms with such a weapon...

If I slash with an greataxe at your legs, Id easily be able to cripple you, or even torment you. The strong armor crushing strikes from a greataxe are easily also strong enough to make you after those strikes more vulnerable to follow up attacks.If the axeblade of the greataxe is rusty, it could even cause poison to you, toxinating your blood in your veins from that rust and the dirty wounds that such a blade could cause to you ... its all just a matter of skill design !! and the class who should wield the weapon...but poison would be now absolutely unfitting for a warrior, but just an example of how far you could go with just enough creativity.For a Necromancer wielding a Greataxe woul dbe something like that different and better fitting now.

Here some example skills which should show you, that with some creativity cough, anything is possible - also greataxes designed for a Hybrid Build, rather than just a bland Power Build for Warrior - the Skill Examples are made with Adrenaline Injections as gameplay mechanic in mind, somethign that doesn#t exist yet, but what I guess might become somewhen a next Warrior E-Spec mechanic, which woudl fit good together, if done with a greataxe.

AA) Executioner's Slash > Bonebreaker > Armor CrusherYou strike your foe and cause damage, was the Target no player, cause 50% Extra Damage, was the the Target a player below 20% Health, deal double Damage.Followed by another unblockable strike, which causes Vulneability, and additionally Torment, if hitting an already vulnerable target, finishing the attack sequence with Armor Crusher, which grants you Might, Fury and Quickness, if you hit a vulneable target that is under 25% health and which removes a Boon from your Target. This Attack ignores Aegis, Protection & Retaliation2) Bull's HornsYou charge to your Target with a sliding greataxe blade over the ground, causing a trail of sparks behind you, just to slice your Target on contact up with a crescent upwards swing of your greataxe, like a bull that takes his target onto its horns. If you keep pressing this Skill Button down and hold it, you will inject Adrenaline into the Skill's Effect, rising its Efficiency.So more Adrenaline Charges are injected into Bull's Horns, so longer is the distance you can charge to a Target and so bigger is the chance of a Critical Strike.At Max Injection is the attack unblockable and will launch your Target away in a way that the launched away target will act like a projectie which can hurt other foes standing in its way, or when crushing into an other foe at the ground target where you land after being launched away.3) Brutal CleaveYou strike with your Greataxe brutally with all your might in a cleavign way, able ti hit this way up to 5 targets in front of you. So more targets you hit with this Strike, so more Bleedings will you cause this way to each hit target, makign this skill a good move being used in crowded fights, especially in situations with not much space to avoid beign hit. Inject Adrenaline into this Skill and you cause addidionally for each Adrenaline Bar also 2 Vulnerability Stacks. At Max Adrenaline to you regain Endurance for each hit Target and you avoid incoming attacks for the moment of your Attack Animation and the dealt damage is increased by 25%.4) Bloody CarnageYou strike recklessly your Target. When you use this skill, then you will temporarely remove some of your Defense, to increase temporarely your Attack Power. While the Effect of this Skill is up, will leech your Attacks Healths based on a small percentage of the damage, which you deal. This Skill uses Ammo Charges and has 3 Charges.If you inject Adrenaline into this Skill, you can either instantly recharge one of your used up Ammo Charges, or when you still have full Ammo and inject Adrenaline, then will this let you gain increased Healing Power and raises your Toughness to Power Conversion percentage. At Max Adrenaline Injection do you gain Stability and Resistance periodically in the time, that Bloody Carnage is up, as long your Health is at least over 50%5) Merciless SlayerYou strike mercilessly multiple times at your Target, like an unstoppable force, causing Weakness to your hit Targets that stood in your way. While performing this Attack, will you also reflect projectiles back to their origin and with your last jumping strike you ram the greataxe into the ground, causing a shockwave around you, which shreads hit targets into pieces, causign Bleeding Stacks and Cripple to those, which didn't run fast enough away to be catched by the shockwave's range.Injecting Adrenaline into this Skill will increase the amount of attacks, before you finish the move with with the groundbreaking shockwave move.If performed at Max Adrenaline Injection, become your strikes so fast and fiery, that they will cause addtionally to the Weakness also Burning and the amount of Bleedings from the Shockwave will be increased and last longer, than normal.

@Orpheal.8263 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:how in the world would a greataxe on warrior be hybrid? get out with that, we already have sword as a "hybrid" weapon and see how well that works... even thematically it doesnt rly work.a greataxe... you telling me you make small cuts with it to slowly bleed out your opponent?? just no, i want greataxe too, but it would be a rather slow but rly heavy hitting weapon maybe with some cc, like pulling your foes with the axe head to you and then cleave em, like a hammer/axe/gs hybrid, some cc like hammer, some mobility from gs and good dmg like axe, would love that for wvw

How in the world would a greataxe not be possible to be a Hybrid weapon?

Don't tell me, that if I don't chop at you with a big axe at your body, that my strikes won't be able to cause big bleedings on you, if I might happen to chop off an arm off of you ... on hypothesis naturally, cause surely this kind of brutallity isn't possible in GW2, but it isn't just only shown to us to keep this game child friendly, but in realism that would be kind of likely to happen, if I slash at your arms with such a weapon...

If I slash with an greataxe at your legs, Id easily be able to cripple you, or even torment you. The strong armor crushing strikes from a greataxe are easily also strong enough to make you after those strikes more vulnerable to follow up attacks.If the axeblade of the greataxe is rusty, it could even cause poison to you, toxinating your blood in your veins from that rust and the dirty wounds that such a blade could cause to you ... its all just a matter of skill design !! and the class who should wield the weapon...but poison would be now absolutely unfitting for a warrior, but just an example of how far you could go with just enough creativity.For a Necromancer wielding a Greataxe woul dbe something like that different and better fitting now.

Here some example skills which should show you, that with some creativity
cough
, anything is possible - also greataxes designed for a Hybrid Build, rather than just a bland Power Build for Warrior - the Skill Examples are made with Adrenaline Injections as gameplay mechanic in mind, somethign that doesn#t exist yet, but what I guess might become somewhen a next Warrior E-Spec mechanic, which woudl fit good together, if done with a greataxe.

AA)
Executioner's Slash > Bonebreaker > Armor Crusher
You strike your foe and cause damage, was the Target no player, cause 50% Extra Damage, was the the Target a player below 20% Health, deal double Damage.Followed by another unblockable strike, which causes Vulneability, and additionally Torment, if hitting an already vulnerable target, finishing the attack sequence with Armor Crusher, which grants you Might, Fury and Quickness, if you hit a vulneable target that is under 25% health and which removes a Boon from your Target. This Attack ignores Aegis, Protection & Retaliation2)
Bull's Horns
You charge to your Target with a sliding greataxe blade over the ground, causing a trail of sparks behind you, just to slice your Target on contact up with a crescent upwards swing of your greataxe, like a bull that takes his target onto its horns. If you keep pressing this Skill Button down and hold it, you will inject Adrenaline into the Skill's Effect, rising its Efficiency.So more Adrenaline Charges are injected into Bull's Horns, so longer is the distance you can charge to a Target and so bigger is the chance of a Critical Strike.At Max Injection is the attack unblockable and will launch your Target away in a way that the launched away target will act like a projectie which can hurt other foes standing in its way, or when crushing into an other foe at the ground target where you land after being launched away.3)
Brutal Cleave
You strike with your Greataxe brutally with all your might in a cleavign way, able ti hit this way up to 5 targets in front of you. So more targets you hit with this Strike, so more Bleedings will you cause this way to each hit target, makign this skill a good move being used in crowded fights, especially in situations with not much space to avoid beign hit. Inject Adrenaline into this Skill and you cause addidionally for each Adrenaline Bar also 2 Vulnerability Stacks. At Max Adrenaline to you regain Endurance for each hit Target and you avoid incoming attacks for the moment of your Attack Animation and the dealt damage is increased by 25%.4)
Bloody Carnage
You strike recklessly your Target. When you use this skill, then you will temporarely remove some of your Defense, to increase temporarely your Attack Power. While the Effect of this Skill is up, will leech your Attacks Healths based on a small percentage of the damage, which you deal. This Skill uses Ammo Charges and has 3 Charges.If you inject Adrenaline into this Skill, you can either instantly recharge one of your used up Ammo Charges, or when you still have full Ammo and inject Adrenaline, then will this let you gain increased Healing Power and raises your Toughness to Power Conversion percentage. At Max Adrenaline Injection do you gain Stability and Resistance periodically in the time, that Bloody Carnage is up, as long your Health is at least over 50%5)
Merciless Slayer
You strike mercilessly multiple times at your Target, like an unstoppable force, causing Weakness to your hit Targets that stood in your way. While performing this Attack, will you also reflect projectiles back to their origin and with your last jumping strike you ram the greataxe into the ground, causing a shockwave around you, which shreads hit targets into pieces, causign Bleeding Stacks and Cripple to those, which didn't run fast enough away to be catched by the shockwave's range.Injecting Adrenaline into this Skill will increase the amount of attacks, before you finish the move with with the groundbreaking shockwave move.If performed at Max Adrenaline Injection, become your strikes so fast and fiery, that they will cause addtionally to the Weakness also Burning and the amount of Bleedings from the Shockwave will be increased and last longer, than normal.

okey, conditions are dot's, damage over time, yeah? so they are meant to slowly start to hurt and ramp up to surpass power burst dmg, condi burst were never meant to be in this game (just a quick reminder) so how do you think a bleeding from an chopped of limp would work, not like small cuts from a sword or dagger would slowly accumulate and let me bleed and get exhaust to death... your rusty blade argument, do you think my body cares more about a GREATAXE blade in my guts or the fact that its rusty or even covered in other nasty stuff, i think id die from the damage it did to me before those nasty thigs could even start to do their own part in killing me, because they tend to work rather slow (as they should)tormenting ppl? a slow and painful procedure, doesnt sound like the work of a greataxe to me, those axes were designed to cause alot of dmg to the human body to kill him that wayputting poison on it? when your hit is supposed to kill anyways, poison is a thing for daggers or maybe swords, so that small wounds can be fatal aswellalso axes are very heavy and exhausting to swing, so long lasting fights where your opponent is slowly whittling down? nope, you rather finish them in a short matter of time or you run out of breath and get slower with each swing

alone because of that i just cant see a greataxe anywhere near a condition weapon, except stuff like cripple or maybe immobalize (chopping those legs off, right?)

on a sidenote, hybrid builds have never rly worked, atleast not in pvp or wvw, because they tend to do both not well enough to shine, too many statpoints scattered across the field, and to many traits that are too onesided and not enough slots to take em all

hope that clarifies why i said what i said

@"STIHL.2489" said:Like Guards would Treat them more like Blunts, like a "Hammer First"

Where Rangers and Warrior would treat them like Bladed Claws, to rend and kill.Yes please.Necros would treat them like a Ritual Dagger of sorts, designed to slice and hemorrhage as opposed to gash.Necro daggers are already the description of what you just said ?Elementalist would use them as a Focus Kind of Item, designed to augment their spells.You can use a focus skin like chak focus and dominator focus to make them look like gauntlets. I do it myself for my guard using focus, I use the dominator one to make it look like a fist weapon. Must be cool too on an ele.

But yeah I wish we could've used guard's focus as a melee fist weapon for an e-spec(similar to the way revs use staff as a melee weapon instead). Sadly focus is already available as a defensive magic tool :(

I see only, that you don't get, what I'm trying to say here, rather than that you see in Greataxes only, what you want to see in them and not what would make sense by game design reasons.I'll try to explain it this way - maybe then you will understand, why it makes more sense to make Greataxe for Warrior a Hybrid Weapon...

Greatsword = Power Weapon!Hammer = Power Weapon!!Mace = Power Weapon!!!Axe = Power Weapon!!!!Longbow = Condition WeaponSword = Hybrid WeaponTorch = Condition WeaponDagger = Power Weapon!!!!!Rifle = Power Weapon !!!!!!Shield = Power Weapon!!!!!!!Warhorn = Support WeaponHarpoon Gun = Hybrid WeaponSpear = Power Weapon !!!!!!!!

Do you realize maybe NOW, why it makes more sense, that they need to get next a Hybrid Weapon??? Condition Weapon wouldnt make much sense, becasuse that would be more the theme of Greataxe for Necromancer..How many more or less obsolete power weapons do you want to have more??? You have already way more than ENOUGH OF THEM!!!!!!!

Don't you think, Warrior couldn't really need finally some more DIVERSITY ???? Greataxe as Hybrid Weapon would be a good addition to make the build options more diversive again and to give the player an alternative over the Sword as a 2H Weapon, while the Sword is then your 1H choice which allows you to combinate it with either a Power or Support component in your offhand - and in case of Berserker also with the option of an Condition Choice with the Torch.

Archived