Static Shock Revamp

Granada Garuda.8391

So static shock is the tool belt skill(f1) when you choose to use AED as your heal skill. It has a 3/4 sec casting time and cd varies if your using the tools trait line or not. Static shock also does a decent amount of dmg, but the best part is the 2 sec stun. The sad part is that is has 180 range, which is kinda hard to land in pvp/wvw unless the person your fighting is inexperienced. Now as far as PvE goes i have always enjoyed using the static discharge trait since the game launched. Though its kinda sad that the only f1 skill that imo procs static discharge is static shock, or atleast does it right. Yes it will proc it but unless your basically kissing the monster/enemy the static shock itself will miss due to the super short range....so i was hoping that this skill finally gets some love and get either 1000 range or 1200 range like many of the other tool belt skills used for static discharge. No, i don't think it makes the skill overpowered in any way, shape or form it just becomes less useless and maybe more people will appreciate it.

TL'DR: make the range longer.

exactly....the reason why no one uses AED is because the heal itself can be good if used right but very situational unlike heal turret or medic gyro which both have good heal and tool belt skills. AED's toolbelt skill is just plain bad. i don't think 1000 range is OP though its not like it will get more use just because of that change you can even decrease the stun duration to 1 second if you really feel it is.......anyway, imo heal turret and medic gyro are still best in slot and with the Med Kit revamp thats 3 heal skills better than the AED heal itself. So i do hope as well that static shock gets a look by the devs.

@Kaizoku.1298 said:

@Kaizoku.1298 said:No.

/15 chars

Why?

I'm not in favor of 1000 range like the OP suggests, I'd prefer something around 300-400 range, but as it stands it's generally not a skill worth the risk involved in using it.

Hey I'm fine with 300-400 range but 1k is too much.

considering its got a 2s stun and significant damage i'd say the sweet spot is 300 range

yeh well when you drop the stun to 1 second and make it 1k range is it still OP? or do you want a 0.5 sec stun instead, either way the number of people who uses static shock for the 2 sec stun which is very hard to land on any decent pvp/wvw player is probable very low considering AED isn't even considered best in slot in either pve/pvp/wvw. Yes we all agree the the range is the biggest problem but i have yet to find any known pvper complain about static shock so its definitely underwhelming as it is now, dropping the stun to 1 sec i believe is the best compromise to giving the good range to make it finally useful. Who knows it may see more use even in PvE.

all it needs is 300-450 range to be on par with other professions's stuns, i'd say 450 considering its not a gap closing skill and its a single target skill but because its a toolbelt skill we cant make it too strong so i'd say drop it to 1 second and bump range to 300

@Rezzet.3614 said:all it needs is 300-450 range to be on par with other professions's stuns, i'd say 450 considering its not a gap closing skill and its a single target skill but because its a toolbelt skill we cant make it too strong so i'd say drop it to 1 second and bump range to 300

Hell no! dropping the stun from 2 seconds to 1 while only bumping the range to 300 is straight out gimping it further. As it is now 2 sec stun for 180 range = melee range is loads better than your idea. I don't mind giving it 600-900, or even 1000 range then dropping stun to 1 sec duration, but hell no not 300 range. People thinking this skill is OP when its not even getting used by meta builds on any game mode, and compared to heal turret and the new med kit revamp, AED is still shiyet tier.

Archived