No pet swapping in beast mode (still) ruins Soulbeast for me.

Dojo.1867

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Iniak.9815 said:I read the forums often but very rarely post. I logged in to post this exact sentiment.

Pet swapping while in soulbeast mode is 100% needed and necessary
for this to feel like a fully fleshed out specialization.

You're not supposed to camp beastmode

Well, they need to make changes then because it's counter-intuitive not to.

I don't disagree with this at all!But to pet swap in BM
( which would not solve anything but rather make things worst)
is not the solution, the perfect solution would be a defensive buff upon exiting BM
that last 5s

Defense buff upon exiting BM is utterly useless. "Perfect solution", lol.'

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Loopgru.1026 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:You're not supposed to camp beastmode

One dev made one comment about pet weaving being interesting and people act like it was written in the stars. Things change based on how players respond to it.

Remember, Reaper was "supposed" to be a power spec, too...

Just like revenant originally had no weapon swapping. Anyone remember? Wonder how long this joke continues before we get it. It's just not very enjoyable like this..

@Harry Foud.1935 said:That would be too op imo. Like the fact that when you die while your pet doesnt die and just stops being merged with you.

Seriously? Soulbeasts are less powerful than the other elite specializations, significantly less powerful than druid, and you think that a small quality of life improvement like this will make them overpowered? Well, I'll say this for you...you made me laugh.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:That would be too op imo. Like the fact that when you die while your pet doesnt die and just stops being merged with you.

Seriously? Soulbeasts are less powerful than the other elite specializations, significantly less powerful than druid, and you think that a small quality of life improvement like this will make them
overpowered
? Well, I'll say this for you...you made me laugh.

Ranger is the only class that can have it's profession mechanics completely negated for periods of time and usually it is because our condi clears, defense traits amd dodges don't affect it and the AI is terrible so it just runs through all the AoE.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Seriously? Soulbeasts are less powerful than the other elite specializations, significantly less powerful than druid, and you think that a small quality of life improvement like this will make them
overpowered

Ranger is the only class that can have it's profession mechanics completely negated for periods of time and usually it is because our condi clears, defense traits amd dodges don't affect it and the AI is terrible so it just runs through all the AoE.

Plus, instead of condition cleanse, it's often giving them to your pet instead. Wouldn't be such a problem if not for the minute-long pet swap cooldown when they die. It's poor design.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

overpowered

If we forget about Scourge and Spellbreaker which are broken Soulbeast is in a pretty good position, especially now that rock gazelle is broken af. If they tweak the numbers a bit that will make him better I agree, that's a fact for every class. But you're talking about a whole different mechanic. Also pet swapping while in beast mode doesn't really make sense if you think about it. I still believe that if you go down while in beast mode your pet shouldn't just spawn next to you but it should stay merged with you.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:Also pet swapping while in beast mode doesn't really make sense if you think about it.

It makes as much sense as one of our pets vanishing when we call the second one out.

Actually, thinking about that. Soulbeast would have been pretty cool if our second pet was out whilst we were merged with the first pet. You'd lose access to the active pets F2 but you'd keep it's AI controlled damage whilst in Beastmode.

@psizone.8437 said:

@Harry Foud.1935 said:Also pet swapping while in beast mode doesn't really make sense if you think about it.

It makes as much sense as one of our pets vanishing when we call the second one out.

Actually, thinking about that. Soulbeast would have been pretty cool if our second pet was out whilst we were merged with the first pet. You'd lose access to the active pets F2 but you'd keep it's AI controlled damage whilst in Beastmode.

The reason I think it doesnt make sense it's cause now rangers can have 1 active pet. When you merge with the pet it doesnt vanishes. It's still active. It's just merged with you giving you new abilities and health etc. You can't swap while in beast mode. You have to stop your pet from being merged with you and then call the other one so you can merge all over again. It just doesnt make sense for me to be able to swap in beast mode. What you talk about is cool but is a whole different mechanic and It'll be a but op cause now you have all the extra stats from your merged pet, you have all the new abilities and now you have a different pet to do ai dmg and his ai abilities?

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

The reason I think it doesnt make sense it's cause now rangers can have 1 active pet. When you merge with the pet it doesnt vanishes. It's still active. It's just merged with you giving you new abilities and health etc. You can't swap while in beast mode. You have to stop your pet from being merged with you and then call the other one so you can merge all over again. It just doesnt make sense for me to be able to swap in beast mode.

Yeah, you have one active pet, merged or not, and the other goes into the Mists or where ever it is they go.Who's to say the "hidden" pet can't swap with the merged pet without appearing beside your character? We've already thrown realism to the winds with pet swapping, what's the point in arguing that it wouldn't make sense to continue with unrealistic magical pet swapping?

@Harry Foud.1935 said:What you talk about is cool but is a whole different mechanic and It'll be a but op cause now you have all the extra stats from your merged pet, you have all the new abilities and now you have a different pet to do ai dmg and his ai abilities?

I'm aware, it was just a side thought. It sounded like a cool idea, not a well thought out one or a balanced one.That said, giving up control of your pet and losing access to its F2 skill in exchange for a small increase in stats and, as it stands, not very powerful merged skills seems pretty balanced to me. It would probably be OP if they ever buffed the merged skills though.

It's unlikely to ever happen so let's not argue about it too much.

@Harry Foud.1935 said:

@psizone.8437 said:

The reason I think it doesnt make sense it's cause now rangers can have 1 active pet. When you merge with the pet it doesnt vanishes. It's still active. It's just merged with you giving you new abilities and health etc. You can't swap while in beast mode. You have to stop your pet from being merged with you and then call the other one so you can merge all over again. It just doesnt make sense for me to be able to swap in beast mode. What you talk about is cool but is a whole different mechanic and It'll be a but op cause now you have all the extra stats from your merged pet, you have all the new abilities and now you have a different pet to do ai dmg and his ai abilities?

With your argument there should be no pet swapping even out of beast mode. Merging with your pet is a state. You just have to accept the fact that you have two interchangable pets.

Also I really dislike people pushing stuff off the table saying "that would be op". This is obviously a quality of life change targeting the flawed design we have right now and if it really empowers the class too much it should be nerfed in different ways.

I've been giving Soulbeast a fair shot and spending time with it, but it just loses the fun factor for me without being able to pet-swap while in beast mode. There have been a lot of good comments above so I won't re-hash them, but I just wanted to add one more voice to the conversation. I really think Soulbeast must allow for pet-swap while in beast mode. Just as one example, I'd like to be able to take advantage of the trait Zephyr's Speed while in beast mode.

Archived