Request from gem store that would benefit us and arenanet.

I know that arenanet makes new skins and new Mount skins every couple weeks. Or between new patches.

what I would think would help is, the community should also have a way to get old skins during the time a new skin is released. Sometimes new players miss the timeframe of getting a skin and we most likely won’t see that skin again. And only older players would have it.

So my request is. During the time arenanet adds a new skin, or mount skin, can there be a poll of which old skin can also be put back into the gemstone for the release? Or however during the time of new skin releases, can there be a randomized old skin put back into the gemstore. And put a timeframe just like the new skin?

Does this sound like a bad idea?

@Randulf.7614 said:Im pretty sure they randomly add in old skins more often than not with new ones already. I dont like the system, but things are cinstantly cycled back in. For example, we had 2 old weapon skins put in when they added the venomblade.

Hmm ok that’s not bad. I actually didn’t know that. But do they cycle them as often when they put a new one? Do you think there should be a voting of which old skin should be put back? Or do you think it’s fine how the old skins are implemented into the gemstore?

As much as I have been playing for 2 years. Iv seen people have this dragon head that looks like mooshoo off of Mulan, or Spyro. And I haven’t seen that skin come back. Or the goggles that I could make my character look like the flash. Maybe if arenanet would circulate the old skins faster would be nice. And keep it as fast as the new ones that are coming in and out.

Most gem store items do come back periodically. If you look at the Promotions tab there's a lot of stuff currently labelled as 'Returning', those are all items that were available previously and were removed but have now come back.

I think the only ones which haven't come back yet are the mount skins, with the exception of the Spooky Pack and the 2,000 gem skins. But I think that's probably because mount skins are still quite new, there hasn't really been enough time to go through the cycle of removing and returning them. I'm sure they'll come back sooner or later.

@blambidy.3216 said:As much as I have been playing for 2 years. Iv seen people have this dragon head that looks like mooshoo off of Mulan, or Spyro. And I haven’t seen that skin come back. Or the goggles that I could make my character look like the flash. Maybe if arenanet would circulate the old skins faster would be nice. And keep it as fast as the new ones that are coming in and out.

The Dragon Mask is a Canthan (Lunar) New Year item, so it's normally sold in late January or early February during the festival.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:As much as I have been playing for 2 years. Iv seen people have this dragon head that looks like mooshoo off of Mulan, or Spyro. And I haven’t seen that skin come back. Or the goggles that I could make my character look like the flash. Maybe if arenanet would circulate the old skins faster would be nice. And keep it as fast as the new ones that are coming in and out.

The Dragon Mask is a Canthan (Lunar) New Year item, so it's normally sold in late January or early February during the festival.

Omg thank you!

They often recycle frstival stuff outside of the relevant festival. They did so quite recently with halloween or wintersday, i forget.

I dont think a voting system is appropriate. Personally id rather see a more robust, organised gem store that kept all things in all the time, with periodic sales replacing cyclical returns. It isnt going to happen though. I understand the principle in why they do it, but my personal experience in sales and retail jars with that principle.

Ive long accepted it though, but more often than not i usually get put off buying as the urge to buy is gone by the time the item returns.

@Danikat.8537 said:Most gem store items do come back periodically. If you look at the Promotions tab there's a lot of stuff currently labelled as 'Returning', those are all items that were available previously and were removed but have now come back.

I think the only ones which haven't come back yet are the mount skins, with the exception of the Spooky Pack and the 2,000 gem skins. But I think that's probably because mount skins are still quite new, there hasn't really been enough time to go through the cycle of removing and returning them. I'm sure they'll come back sooner or later.

I think...one of the two mount packs for either halloween or wintersday recently returned, but dont quote me on that.

In my ideal scenario the gem store would have everything available full time, I miss most of what they put on offer because there is no way I'm going to check the gem store everyday, even though I log in everyday. It's just not something I'm down with.

@"Vavume.8065" said:In my ideal scenario the gem store would have everything available full time, I miss most of what they put on offer because there is no way I'm going to check the gem store everyday, even though I log in everyday. It's just not something I'm down with.

Good news, you don't have to check it yourself. There's a wonderful, faithfully updated sticky thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p1 that gets news of gem store new and returning items posted usually within 30 minutes after the gem store reset (9 am Pacific, noon Eastern, etc). If you can check the forums, you can look at the newest post in that thread to see if anything interests you.

@"Donari.5237" said:

Good news, you don't have to check it yourself. There's a wonderful, faithfully updated sticky thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p1 that gets news of gem store new and returning items posted usually within 30 minutes after the gem store reset (9 am Pacific, noon Eastern, etc). If you can check the forums, you can look at the newest post in that thread to see if anything interests you.

If I wanted to waste my time everyday looking what was on a gemstore I would do it in game, the point was I'm not going to waste my time doing that, guess it went over your head.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:

Good news, you don't have to check it yourself. There's a wonderful, faithfully updated sticky thread
that gets news of gem store new and returning items posted usually within 30 minutes after the gem store reset (9 am Pacific, noon Eastern, etc). If you can check the forums, you can look at the newest post in that thread to see if anything interests you.

If I wanted to waste my time everyday looking what was on a gemstore I would do it in game, the point was I'm not going to waste my time doing that, guess it went over your head.

/shrugs

Ah well, then you are going to miss some things that might have been fun for you. Only you can say what would be a more valuable use of your ten seconds (assuming normal to fast reading speed and comprehension, plus a reasonably fast connection to load the thread). If it's a waste of your time, then you're saving a waste of your money on things that don't matter to you. Which is fair.

Yes, I'd love to have all the goodies available all the time for when I have a wish for one of them. No, I don't feel ArenaNet is getting the most possible sales via the level of artificial scarcity they apply. But thanks to that thread, the only things I've missed getting are the ones I've deliberately passed up due to disinterest or budget.

Archived