Which 3 classes do you think has the highest chance of getting nerf next patch?

Jay.3409

I heard that were getting a profession "balance" ( we all know its never gna be balance.. more like new fotm prof/class) in a month or so... and since im new to gw2 its gna take me quite a bit of time to learn my class and get good with it.. running the risk that my class would be nerf to the ground.. i feel like the time n effort wont be rewarding if im gna end up rolling a new alt till my class becomes viable ( this is all in pvp/wvw perspective )

so with your experience, which 3 classes do you think will most likely end up getting nerf?

Ranked from most probable to least probable:

• Mirage will likely see a nerf in condi application.
  • Scourge will likely see some general nerfing in sand shade abilities
  • Spellbreaker may see some tuning to reduce survivability.
  • Firebrand may see a reduction in some of the boon spam.
  • Holosmith may see a damage reduction.
  • Soulbeast might see some damage reduction
  • Unlikely that thief will see nerfs.
  • Unlikely that ele will see nerfs.
  • Unlikely that revenant will see nerfs.

i wished they just delete every passive evade invuln reflect stunbreak etc. from this game. at least stop classes offensive abilities while invuln. something like blackout skill from gw1. go invuln but for the same time all your skills are deactivated.i wouldnt miss stealth in this game aswell. just give thief some little boni for hitting enemies from behind on a 5s cooldown or so as compensation for their stealth attacks and let me play my thief as a squishy but agile and active class without the need to run away or stealth whenever an enemy activates godmode...

oh also condi burst is a thing that definitely needs to be looked at.for me its more about some mechanics that need to be nerfed rather than two or three classes that benefit more from some stupid mechanics on a build than others.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Ranked from most probable to least probable:

If they nerf damage that much, people will most likely start spamming healing bunker/bruisers like druid and weaver which is not played solely because of the high dmg and it's only melee

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:Ranked from most probable to least probable:

If they nerf damage that much, people will most likely start spamming healing bunker/bruisers like druid and weaver which is not played solely because of the high dmg and it's only melee

Maybe, but people tend to complain about high damage more than they complain about tanks, right up until tanks are meta.

I'd like to see Sand Savant to be retooled to a more supportive Trait. As it is right now, it is the best trait for area denial, which has a lot to do with the fact it can apply so many cover conditions. You've got Vuln, Burning, Torment and Crippling. Stripping Sand Savant from being able to apply Crippling and torment makes it much easier to handle. Some people don't take Unyielding blast, so if its only applying burning with Dhuumfire this is far more manageable then 3-4 unique conditions. But I don't want to see Sand Savant just killed in the water like a few skills back in GW1. I'd like to see it gain new function. As well as I don't want base shades to lose crippling and torment. I feel with the small aoe, its much easier for foes to manage that and requires more skill from the necromancer. Which can be rewarding for both players and is not overwhelming. Its how much area Sand Savant covers in combination with the conditions it applies that's the problem.

Sand Savant should be support. You should sacrifice a large percentage of your damage by taking it. Desert shroud while having Sand Savant shouldn't inflict torment on pulse but apply barrier to allies. Its Activation trigger shouldn't give Crippling and Torment but give allies something useful. Maybe minor healing or some helpful boons like Alacrity, protection or Fury. Sand Savant should be expected as a support trait that completely changes its function from DPS to support. This would be a nerf to the Field denial builds we've been seeing in WvW but a buff to scourge's overall support capabilities which are very lacking.

@MechVampyre.2903 said:i wished they just delete every passive evade invuln reflect stunbreak etc. from this game. at least stop classes offensive abilities while invuln. something like blackout skill from gw1. go invuln but for the same time all your skills are deactivated.i wouldnt miss stealth in this game aswell. just give thief some little boni for hitting enemies from behind on a 5s cooldown or so as compensation for their stealth attacks and let me play my thief as a squishy but agile and active class without the need to run away or stealth whenever an enemy activates godmode...

oh also condi burst is a thing that definitely needs to be looked at.for me its more about some mechanics that need to be nerfed rather than two or three classes that benefit more from some stupid mechanics on a build than others.

im all for nerfing passive traits, but at the same time they would need to revert alot of the power creep that hit us since hot and pof, some of these traits are the only reason you can survive some bursts from other ppl

@RedShark.9548 said:

@MechVampyre.2903 said:i wished they just delete every passive evade invuln reflect stunbreak etc. from this game. at least stop classes offensive abilities while invuln. something like blackout skill from gw1. go invuln but for the same time all your skills are deactivated.i wouldnt miss stealth in this game aswell. just give thief some little boni for hitting enemies from behind on a 5s cooldown or so as compensation for their stealth attacks and let me play my thief as a squishy but agile and active class without the need to run away or stealth whenever an enemy activates godmode...

im all for nerfing passive traits, but at the same time they would need to revert alot of the power creep that hit us since hot and pof, some of these traits are the only reason you can survive some bursts from other ppl

oh yes that is true.back then it was so cool to have the dodge system in this game and i remember the times when dodging warrs hammer 5 was a really important thing to do :)its sad to see the way they went with this game over the years making damage/burst skills more spammable and less telegraphed and defenses more and more passive.

so yea like you say reduce the damage so we can get back to a more active style of fighting.they could also keep skills and utilities with invulns in this game (at least you have to click a button to activate them) and just make them like 0.5 seconds of invuln on a low cooldown.would love to see the game go this route.

@MechVampyre.2903 said:

oh yes that is true.back then it was so cool to have the dodge system in this game and i remember the times when dodging warrs hammer 5 was a really important thing to do :)its sad to see the way they went with this game over the years making damage/burst skills more spammable and less telegraphed and defenses more and more passive.

so yea like you say reduce the damage so we can get back to a more active style of fighting.they could also keep skills and utilities with invulns in this game (at least you have to click a button to activate them) and just make them like 0.5 seconds of invuln on a low cooldown.would love to see the game go this route.

yea hammer got somewhat obsolete in duels, pre hot i used to roam gs/hammer war, but the amount of stunbreaks everyone got is a joke. hammer is so slow and telegraphed that its hard to hit but even if you hit its easily cleansed0,5s might be a bit too short imo, id take endure pain with like 2s on 30 sec cd

I 'm looking forward to :

• Condi Mirage
  • Condi thief
  • PAssive effectiveness reduction such as Shival spinners ... less passive ... it was great the first time but there's still too many !

What will probably happen:

• ELE healing ratio and evade frame
  • Revenant overall dmg cause ppl complains about few good players (stupid eh)
  • Another stupid , not usefull nerf with no compensation.

@RedShark.9548 said:

yea hammer got somewhat obsolete in duels, pre hot i used to roam gs/hammer war, but the amount of stunbreaks everyone got is a joke. hammer is so slow and telegraphed that its hard to hit but even if you hit its easily cleansed0,5s might be a bit too short imo, id take endure pain with like 2s on 30 sec cd

0.5 seconds i had in mind with something like a 10s cooldown so you as attacker can bait your enemy using such a skill and then cancel your own attack for a more active/reactive kind of fights. but well youre right that this might be a little too short and maybe would be too similar to a dodge roll.but i would also be perfectly fine with your idea of just 2 seconds. definitely the direction i want to see it go.

@MechVampyre.2903 said:

0.5 seconds i had in mind with something like a 10s cooldown so you as attacker can bait your enemy using such a skill and then cancel your own attack for a more active/reactive kind of fights. but well youre right that this might be a little too short and maybe would be too similar to a dodge roll.but i would also be perfectly fine with your idea of just 2 seconds. definitely the direction i want to see it go.

yea that would ne too much of a dodgeroll, except that you still get condis and cc but could do it midattack...but keep in mind that endure pain is a stunbreak, which i want it to stay and a 10s stunbreak ontop of no dmg would be too good

edit: some bursts take longer than 0,5seconds which means you would still need to use a dodgeroll after endure pain, which kind of defeats the purpose

@MechVampyre.2903 said:i wished they just delete every passive evade invuln reflect stunbreak etc. from this game. at least stop classes offensive abilitiesi wouldnt miss stealth in this game aswell. just give thief some little boni for hitting enemies from behind on a 5s cooldown or so as compensation for their stealth attacks and let me play my thief as a squishy but agile and active class without the need to run away or stealth whenever an enemy activates godmode...

I agree the most offensive/broken mechanic of this game are the passives. For a game with a active mechanic of dodging to evade, the passives that trigger as a get out a jail free card are bad. Stealth I think has its place, but there are to many professions that can access it with very little input and very few ways to block (keep a player from going into stealth) or reveal a stealthed player.

Invuln isn't the best, but if it had a breakbar - then at least there would be a mechanic in place to work against it. Also some of the mobility skills are broken in terms of some professions. Warriors and Mesmers are the 2 professions that come to mind. Mobility to get into battle is one thing, but being able to disengage completely and reset, when there are professions that could never chase them down without committing your entire build and runes to just chasing ppl is ridiculous. How to fix this without breaking some professions would be difficult, and just by saying reduce the travel distance in and out of battle isn't necessarily the best fix.

Mobile AoE's are a bad mechanic altogether. Scourge with it's mobile condi AoE and Herald mobile turn on the boons share and run. I still think Herald/Glint should be a signet/mantra, which uses the flip over skill ammo type mechanic. So it would flip over to second skill instantly, but have a very short recharge where it would flip back, but if you used the second skill it would take longer to recharge before the 1st was available again.

Honestly, I think if Anet took the baseline stats of power, precision and ferocity away from the characters/profession and add it specifically to the gear, and 4 stat gear should not have a higher overall number than 3 stat gear. So the only baseline stats a character only had was vitality and toughness, which is based on profession. Then add a new condition similar to that of GW1 called, 'Cracked Armor', which in theory would help with the bunker type meta and would scale as a percentage based on your toughness. So if you had 3000 toughness and the percentage was 1% up to a max of 10%, you would have -30 to -300 toughness, thus during the duration of the condition you would only have 2970 to 2700 toughness. So if you had lower toughness it wouldn't hurt as much for squishier toons, unless they had high toughness armor. The same could be done to vitality, with some type of new condition that would lower you vitality by a percentage, just like the opposite of scourges being able to raise it 'Barrier'. This is just an example for the concept.

Also, traits should only give you 1 thing per trait and the more impactful traits should require you to fulfill a specific condition/goal/action.

Finally, this boon and condi thing is out of control. Boons should be a limited boost you purposely apply at a specific time and reverted back to mostly blast finishers and specific skills that puts out a low level of 1-2 boons for a few seconds, vs this max stacks because you have 2 traits and 1 skill. Same thing applies to conditions. The max you should be able to obtain should be 5 for boons and 7-10 for conditions.

Off topic:rune system should be revamped. Take ruins off of armor and make an area that had a space for a minor, major and superior rune and each rune only has 2 stats. So it would only take up 3 spaces and not 6. Thus, Anet would need to take every rune and remove the minor stats from the major rune and the minor and major from the superior runes. This would also make minor and major runes more valuable, plus allow for rune swapping since it is not associated with armor. Think something like the way weapon swap looks/works, but can only be done outside of battle. This could be done with weapons, also.

well i just threw some ideas into this thread that popped in my mind when thinking about what should be nerfed.dont want to evaluate too much on specific skills or numbers with you two because im really bad at those things xDi like your ideas though while not agreeing to 100% on everything but i think there is no need to find something we all can completely agree on at this point.

bringing back some more gw1 mechanics would be really nice like that cracked armor. the vitality version of this would then be the good old deep wound :)and well bringing this two conditions into gw2 and at the same time take two damaging conditions out of the game could help a little regarding those cheesy condi builds i guess.sorry red shark and rasp for not responding concretely on your posts.dont want to make my post much longer than it is anyways lol

edit:when thinking about conditions cracked armor could maybe replace vulnerability while deep wound replaces bleeding.damage could be taken away from poison while confusion only keeps its damage from activating skills and torment only does damage when the enemy moves.so there would only burn being left as raw damaging condition without needing special actions done by an enemy.

Archived