Player Count... Where is it going?

Hi, im playing EU Piken Sqaure. currently playing on my third Char now and the playing recently has decreased so much over the past few weeks, is this a dying game now? even in big citys I hardly see anyone, whats everyone doing?

is there any Active guilds too? discord?

I don't know if it's an EU thing, but NA is looking great! I spend most of my time in expansion content and there are new and returning players everywhere since PoF dropped. It even seems to have picked up a bit lately and I keep hearing from players who had their hopes on Bless Online. My guilds have been adding a lot of these players lately with similar stories: "I'm a WoW player. Tried Bless. It sucked. Been hearing about GW2 for years, but never gave it a try."

Divinity's Reach Minister Waypoint has gotten a lot more popular in recent weeks. I see about 30 people there at all times on EU. LA is also always lively, though population is spread across more places, like the forge, bank and crafting stations, which also happen to be spread out more.

@Blaine.4513 said:Hi, im playing EU Piken Sqaure. currently playing on my third Char now and the playing recently has decreased so much over the past few weeks, is this a dying game now? even in big citys I hardly see anyone, whats everyone doing?

is there any Active guilds too? discord?

In pve and pvp you're mixed with other servers that are on eu cus gw2 has megaserver

The maps I've been playing recently have been quite busy. I visited 3 starter maps yesterday while working on map completion and each had many players doing hearts, events, etc. Those are probably due in part to the influx of new players. I also saw many players on the PoF maps I recently visited - large groups doing bounties in Crystal Oasis yesterday for the dailies, etc. There also continue to be huge groups of players in Istan doing the main events there.

• 4 months later...

I’ve just came back to this game after quitting in the mid of HoT expac. I used to be very sceptical about mounts, because I believe they break player interactions with one another, but yesterday I bought PoF, got my first mount and I’m really surprised how well ANet had made them. Also this expansion is really awesome... They’ve fixed everything that annoyed me about HoT (which suddenly got playable with these new mounts) and made it even better. So far it looks like the best MMORPG expansion I’ve seen. :)

Nope, every meta, wold boss, fractal, any time I log in there are heaps of people and guildies. GW2 is still in the top 4 most populated MMO. Some people may play less after a new episode, which is natural. I think the new LB+GS legendaries will have lots of buzz.

I was comparing Halloween this year to last, the people in LA, the amount of groups farming labs, and it seems to be all the same/healthy.

@Linken.6345 said:I play piken aswell cant say I seen a drop in players.EditI mean LA can look deserted if your on a overflow map but it can just as much be all the special area passes thats being sold like the airship one etc.Personaly I like DR alot more then LA

Divinity's Reach, Rata Sum and Ebonhawke are all better than LA.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@pureskullz.7536 said:I've seen a drop in players in spvp & WvW not sure the pop is what it was compared to the summer.

There's a Festival on-going.

and the pvp season just ended

Archived