My Core Warrior WvW build

Lonecap.4105

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJUQNAnXTjMdQfH24BehApIG+BKbBCgGQTjcfHu3YEueA-jlBBABnpEsS1fk4QAg1+jyPAeCAVcCACAcA48zP/8zPvrP/8zP/8zP/8zPvUARMGA-w

I play in blobs with this. I can very quickly open up with Signet of Fury and Combustive Shot into enemy blob for instant 21% damage from Berserker's Power, and it is very easy to maintain the 35% extra critical damage that Signet Mastery affords. Combustive Shot is so great because there's never a chance you'll miss and not get the Berserker's Power buff. I found Longbow's damage in my build to be quite good also, with Arcing Arrow getting crits for 10-12k and Dual Shot getting 2.5k with both arrows. The times when I switch between Longbow and double Axe is very situational, but I will typically use Longbow for wall AoEs, doing damage if I ever fall behind from blob (desyncs are a real problem sometimes, and the 1200 range from LB really helps me there). Axes I chose for very high and fast damage. The main problem for me before was that, being fully glass, I just couldn't survive initial 50man blob vs blob contact, and now I have found Rampage to alleviate that problem. I find Rampage an exceptionally fun but genuinely strong skill, taking my health to 45k and reducing damage, with punches hitting for 10k a pop. After Rampage ends, so has much of the initial heat, and I can Dolyak and Whirling Axe into some faces. I also took Peak Performance to supplement this, with Death from Above being another fun perk and genuinely usable and effective when you think of ways to use it.

I should note I play with 360 controller and action camera mode enabled, and I base my experiences with my build on that setup. I can't say for certain how good my build is compared to others, but I have a huge amount of fun playing it, and I wanted to share, thank you for reading!

Oh and please feel free to critique this. I considered trying to fit in Berserker tree, but I just couldn't justify getting rid of Disc. I know Arms is currently my weakest link, with Dual Wielding decent but not fantastic, but I struggle to justify getting rid of Signet Mastery, which is just an incredible talent to pick imo.

I get (and kinda like) the glass cannon setup you're going, my only concern is that there are no condi cleanses incorporated in the build, and the only source of Resistance is from popping Healing Signet. With the current cancer condi meta I think you should sacrifice some of the offensive potencials to get some counter to conditons.I would suggest swapping to Brawler's Recovery in Discipline line, and swapping one of your Signets to Berserker Stance. Also for WvW in Strength line I'd pick Might Makes Right anyday over the other options as it gives you a ton of dodges (which are coming with unblockable damage) and I don't really trust the uptime of Berserker's Power (especially when you're kited and/or can't successfully land all of your bursts because of evades blocks etc.).Plus one thing if you don't want to be that glassy, Defense line is still strong on core warrior and worth considering over Arms, but if you can survive without it that's fine.

@Zsoak.5409 said:I get (and kinda like) the glass cannon setup you're going, my only concern is that there are no condi cleanses incorporated in the build, and the only source of Resistance is from popping Healing Signet. With the current cancer condi meta I think you should sacrifice some of the offensive potencials to get some counter to conditons.I would suggest swapping to Brawler's Recovery in Discipline line, and swapping one of your Signets to Berserker Stance. Also for WvW in Strength line I'd pick Might Makes Right anyday over the other options as it gives you a ton of dodges (which are coming with unblockable damage) and I don't really trust the uptime of Berserker's Power (especially when you're kited and/or can't successfully land all of your bursts because of evades blocks etc.).Plus one thing if you don't want to be that glassy, Defense line is still strong on core warrior and worth considering over Arms, but if you can survive without it that's fine.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes you're right about my build lacking cleanse, and right again that my only resistance is Healing Signet. I'm interested by what you say about Might Makes Right, I had no idea, I'll be giving it a try tonight for sure. What do you think about Signet of Stamina in conjunction with it? Overkill? I'll take Brawler's Recovery as you said. I have to try really hard to stay alive sometimes, learning to play in full glass has been grueling yet rewarding, and I find myself dying less and less. What you said about Berserker's Power is true, and I constantly dip into Longbow to trigger it, but there are times when it just hasn't been there for me when I needed it.

Archived