Are all the classes broken?

Kastar.6082

Hi, I was wondering what class to play with my instant 80. Atm Im playing thief and im happy with that but I was reading class forums and it seems every single class is bad according to some players. Soulbeast is bad, deadeye low dmg, necro bad, spellbreaker bad, guardian also bad so my question is: Is this true? No one seems happy with the new specs.I want a class that doesnt suck, no need to be op, just viable for pve and pvp.

Soulbeast is macadamien beast. IDK what people are being a little b about. Honestly run soulbeast. Add axe and torch. Take the condi animal forgot what it's called. Fuse with it. And it's extra condi. And you can use the moves. After undo the fuse to get the tank infront. Soul beast= underated. Theif when I demo holy shabooboo. That thing is powerful. Easy compared to Daredevil in PvP. People are just trippin. Pick your class. Have fun.

Spellbreaker is fine, but it annoys me that they decided to take a proverbial dump on Warrior players like myself who like PvE over PvP - Spellbreaker is exclusively aimed towards PvP. I'm quite grumpy about that. Everyone else I see in the PoF areas doing open world PvE are playing with their new toys, but because Anet were being stupid I, as a Warrior player, don't get to.

Yeah, I'm salty over it.

I love Holo and Soulbeast. I hated Scarapper and Druid to the point of never even investing points in those specs. People need to learn to play the new classes? I mean, I solo content because I do it at my own pace (I do things slower because I need frequent breaks due to work-related injury in my wrist), and yet I have no problem with the PvE content. I can't comment on pvp, as I can't do it due to the injury, where it is an actual crutch.

The only new elite spec I've played with is Firebrand, and I absolutely love it. The axe feels great and has some weight to it, the mantra skills are powerful but not overly so, and the tome skills replacing our F1-3 bring a nice change of pace to battles. And although this next part is secondhand, my friends all express joy at Holosmith and Deadeye, saying they're refreshing and bring lots of new challenges and fun times to combat.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Spellbreaker is fine, but it annoys me that they decided to take a proverbial dump on Warrior players like myself who like PvE over PvP - Spellbreaker is exclusively aimed towards PvP. I'm quite grumpy about that. Everyone else I see in the PoF areas doing open world PvE are playing with their new toys, but because Anet were being stupid I, as a Warrior player, don't get to.

Yeah, I'm salty over it.

and now you know how engi's felt for HoT. Scrapper is the same way. i played for all of hot as a base engi with a rifle. feeling underpowered. i think it was wp who said something to the effect that he thinks that eventually, every class will have a pvp focused elite spec. i dunno if i'd rather they do it this way, where they release one of them per xpac, or if i'd rather they just do one xpac with all of them...though, that said, if people aren't excited for their new elite spec, they might decide to just not bother getting that xpac. this way, enough people are still happy, and most people play more than one character so even if their main is getting the pvp spec, they can be happy with an alt.

Tbh every class in PoF is playable. It's just a matter of how good they are in actual mobile combat(which means target not standing on the spot like a dummy), with renegade being kind of meh due to killable/CC-able wells, but again playable. The rest are pretty awesome actually. So just play what you enjoy imo.

Don't listen to people complaining that everything sucks. They're wrong and just want something to bitch about. Boosting yourself to level 80 wont get you the elite specs anyway. Just the core class. Look at the core class and try and find what fits you best. What's fun to play. EVERYTHING is viable for PvE. You do get to try out the class in the Silverwastes before you decide for good, so I'd recommend playing around with each.

Archived