Guild Hall

Hi guys, basically im new to the game, i came from games like phantasy star online and black desert where you had your own houses and could decorate them yourself, from what i seen online i really like the guild halls and how you can customer it and turn it into something you like with your own style. I am interested in trying to do that as like having my own home in the game and wanted to ask for information on it. All ive read so far and from youtube is that its done in postern ward, but as i am most solo wanted to ask what else has to be done for it.

I brought path of fire with a boost so have level 80 so hoping people can help guide me, i saw too that i needs favor and i had a look at the guild halls, i like glided hollow and lost precipice out of the 3 i saw, are there any others and whats the easiest way for a noobie to earn the favor to upgrade, i know gold can be brought from the trading part but dont know much about pvp.

Any information could help, thanks a lot.

Dragon

First off, welcome to GW2.

I suppose I'll be the one to burst the bubble. You won't be able to maintain the guild hall on your own very much. The time and effort to outfit the hall as a solo player just wouldn't be worth it. My own guild hall is maintained by around 5 close friends and that goes slow enough.

In answer to your questions : everything you need to know you can find here https://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-guild-hall-claiming-and-upgrade-guide/

Hope that helps ;)

PS : you'll find loads of other useful information on the Dulfy website ;)

@"DragonTactician.4571" said:Hi guys, basically im new to the game, i came from games like phantasy star online and black desert where you had your own houses and could decorate them yourself, from what i seen online i really like the guild halls and how you can customer it and turn it into something you like with your own style.

This is true, but that is absolutely a group activity. It costs 400 to 500 gold to simply learn the scribing profession required to craft all the guild decorations, before you even start looking at the cost of the decorations themselves. That is a substantial portion of the cost of a legendary item precursor, which are one of the more expensive items in the game.

So, you can do this, but the best way to achieve it will be to find a guild who will work with you, where you can all participate in the decoration, as well as improving the guild hall.

I am interested in trying to do that as like having my own home in the game and wanted to ask for information on it. All ive read so far and from youtube is that its done in postern ward, but as i am most solo wanted to ask what else has to be done for it.

Aside from anything else, simply capturing a guild hall for a guild is a 5-ish player activity, for the fights.

Anyway, if you do go down this path, expect to spend literally many months on every upgrade to the guild hall, to be unable to get even close to the higher end ones, and to find yourself either sinking tens of thousands of real world dollars into it, or never, ever having money for anything else.

Personal housing is a nice idea, but it isn't something you can have in GW2. You can find a guild that you can work with.

Heck, I know a couple people in my guild had "personal spaces" established at their own scribing expense back in our Gilded Hollow hall. They were long time members, and it definitely wasn't the focus of the guild, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Try asking in the "looking for guild" forums about someone who might be happy for this to happen.

Adding to the rest, a small price list:

As already sugested: Join another guild and work with them to acomplish together a nice Guild Hall.As long you are not at the peak of the game with A LOT of money to spend, it is no job for a single guy. You still gonna need help with Guild Missions and alike as well.

@DragonTactician.4571 said:whats the easiest way for a noobie to earn the favor to upgrade

Besides what the others already said above, favor can only be earned by completing guild missions. The amount of them available each week depends on the level of the guild and some upgrades that grant opportunity tasks. They reset the night from Sunday to Monday at 02.00h CET. One cannot get specific prefered missions but only focus on PvE, PvP or WvW, the missions themselves are randomly picked. Regarding PvE some of them can be completed with help from other guilds (bounties, races, the easy journey if you're lucky), but entirely solo one won't be able to complete a single one due to the time-limit each one has to be completed within.Also missions are the only source for guild commendations, one of the currencies necessary to buy things from the guild vendors.

If you just want additional bank space then claiming a guild hall for your personal guild should be possible if you gather some players to help you completing this event. But anything else do not try to achieve on your own, because even in guilds with much more members several upgrades can take months, e.g. when pvp- or wvw-potions are required but nobody plays pvp or wvw; or even years, when seasonal World Event items are required like e.g. Super Adventure Box coins.

Hi Tactician. I'll just add that "Some, but not all, services within the guild hall are restricted to representing members with the Heart of Thorns expansion."Also "The Heart of Thorns expansion is required to start the expedition and participate in guild hall claiming, but is not required to access the guild hall after it has been claimed. "From your post it seems that you only own PoF. In that case you might have limited options if you decide to create and manage a guild (for example you can't claim gilded hollow and lost precipice, as they are both on HoT).

@Lanhelin.3480 said:Regarding PvE some of them can be completed with help from other guilds (bounties, races, the easy journey if you're lucky), but entirely solo one won't be able to complete a single one due to the time-limit each one has to be completed within.Also missions are the only source for guild commendations, one of the currencies necessary to buy things from the guild vendors.

You can actually do all of the easy PvE missions with minimal help, but it takes some effort and luck. I've been able to build up my 4-man guild mostly by solo-ing guild missions. Trek is the easiest, if you have a character with 100% map completion or close to it. A single player can easily hit 5 spots in 15 minutes without help, as long as you have the wiki page up as you go.

Race might need some waiting, but it's easily cheeseable due to how credit is handed out. While your guild has the race active, any player who crosses the finish line counts towards your total. If you start it right when a larger guild is about to run the race, all you have to do is make it to the finish line once yourself to get credit, then close out the mission once 15 people finish. You can even run through a few more times yourself to help it along, though you'll only get credit once. With some practice you can get pretty good at it. I think I got the devourer race down to 3min per run at one point.

Bounty is the hardest, and it's not really soloable, but you can often get other players to help out if you call out the bounty in map chat and tag/apple up. The three bounties you get at easy aren't too much of a problem, and PoF has made them that much easier since you can find them in no time with mounts. Plus, if you get lucky and wait until the bounty passes by a waypoint you can super cheese it by respawning over and over to keep them from breaking aggro and resetting.

The real hard part of building up a small/personal is getting the timegated and account-bound materials. Better start charging those quartz crystals and saving silverwastes shovels now.

Archived