Server Change

Hello! I have a friend that plays Guild Wars 2 and I wanted to change to their server but the thing is that I am on a American server and they are on a European one. I wanted to know if it was possible to change to a European server and if there would be any changes or things I should know. I've been playing this game for awhile but I still don't know much about how the servers work lol.

Yes you can change if you want to. On the character select screen there's a button in the bottom left corner which says World Selection. That brings up a list of all the servers in your region, and there's a drop-down box in the top right corner to switch to the other region. Unless you want to play World vs. World together you don't need to worry about being on the same server, only in the same region, but it couldn't hurt to find out which server they're on and pick the same one if it's not full. (If it is full pick another one - the population is based on WvW activity and only changes every few weeks, so things like checking every few minutes or waiting until late at night/early in the morning make no difference.)

To actually transfer you will need to pay a fee in gems (based on how full the world is) or delete all your characters, which allows you to transfer for free.

When you transfer your entire account moves together, not just 1 character. Everything will be carried over - all your characters, all the items in your bank and inventory, all your achievements etc.

If you delete your characters then anything in your bank will be saved (so make sure you put all the items you want to keep in there) and all the account bound progress - any currencies in your wallet, achievements you've completed, skins you've unlocked etc. but anything specific to a character like story progress, map completion or soulbound items will be lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...