multiple istan instances bugged

If it's the bug that's been plaguing Istan basically since it was added to the game, the first symptom anyone notices is usually that the Palawadan meta event doesn't start when it should. Either the Sunspear Attack on Palawadan is imminent stage doesn't even happen, or it stalls out at the Sunspears are attempting to breach Palawadan! stage and the first fight against Khepri and Khnum doesn't start. As a result, the whole meta event chain in Istan bugs out and no Palawadan and no Sunspear Uprising/Great Hall happens in that instance after that bug manifests.

The thing is real enough, even if the causes are, AFAIK, unknown.

@Gudy.3607 said:The thing is real enough, even if the causes are, AFAIK, unknown.

Thank you very much for describing the bug. Unlike @"PuppyMonkeyBabyJosephSayer.3601", this is a helpful bug report. It tells the developers how to identify the situation that is broken, which is step one in fixing it.

I'd strongly suggest y'all also use the in-game /bug command to submit progress-blocking bugs on dynamic events when this happens. That captures a bunch of additional information in the background that helps ANet, by identifying exactly which map instance on which server the error occurred, so they can debug it. (Probably grabs some other useful stuff too, if I know developers, but the in-game thing definitely is a big help getting them to track it down.)

That isn't to say that posting here was wrong or anything, just that it isn't the only way you should be reporting the bug. (I'd use /bug every time I encountered this, but at least once is a help.)

Archived