Deadeye damage is horrible.

Luclinraider.2317

@Gray.9041 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

can hit 30k in a few seconds and do it all over again if you wanted it to. You don't even have to wait for Malice build up that much. Although if you do, it boosts the damage up another 20k before you reset with Mercy.

again, how many is a few? 3? 5? work out the DPS, and again, it's terrible. 15k? 10k? 6k? that's still not good dps.

How about testing it out yourself? You know, go the extra mile and actually do some work with the spec? Because as of right now 99% of the people who are hardcore complaining about the spec have not done any more than maybe a few hours of testing (if at all). And it shows in their comments and posts.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Gray.9041 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

can hit 30k in a few seconds and do it all over again if you wanted it to. You don't even have to wait for Malice build up that much. Although if you do, it boosts the damage up another 20k before you reset with Mercy.

again, how many is a few? 3? 5? work out the DPS, and again, it's terrible. 15k? 10k? 6k? that's still not good dps.

How about testing it out yourself? You know, go the extra mile and actually do some work with the spec? Because as of right now 99% of the people who are hardcore complaining about the spec have not done any more than maybe a few hours of testing (if at all). And it shows in their comments and posts.

Been playing deadeye nonstop since PoF release and I have found through my many hours (more than a few) that the dps is shit.

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Gray.9041 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Been playing deadeye nonstop since PoF release and I have found through my many hours (more than a few) that the dps is kitten.

Then stop spamming 3 and build something better.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Gray.9041 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Been playing deadeye nonstop since PoF release and I have found through my many hours (more than a few) that the dps is kitten.

Tired basically all the builds I could when it comes to rifle. Nice going assuming I hadn't.

Wholeheartedly agree. Clocked in around a couple dozen hours with deadeye trying multiple sets and came to one conclusion. Why am I playing deadeye? No mobility and low thief health is bad enough, Whats the point if I dont even have enough damage to compensate? deadeyes, being ridiculously squishy with almost zero mobility need more damage and range to be even considered in PvE. period.

@illenos.5134 said:You'll have to split the balance of rifle between pve, pvp and wvw. In wvw it is way too easy to oneshot other roamers or snipe someone down within seconds.

I have to agree with Illinois the WvW damage can be pretty ridiculous. I called it from when Deadeye was announced. I am willing to hear what others say in different game modes though, I suspect it is more the reduction to movement that could be an issue. In raids and fractals movement is key to a players characters survival.

Good luck Deadeyes with getting a boost to your damage in PvE, and cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:also its "only" 30k damage, that barely tickles some enemies in pve, and seriously...it takes around 10s to reach that malice, 30k in 10s means 3k dps...30k damage from a single DJ on maxed Malice Stacks after 10 seconds? + whatever damage you fill those 10s with until you hit that cap?

yep, thats nothing. unload has a casttime of 1.5s and hits for 8-10k + might + malice. so basically in 4.5s it can outnumber dj and you still have enough energy left. and thats without delay right from the start until the end.even trb damage isnt that high and in my case hits for just 5k, so again not good in pve

Well it's... Just that it's not representative of the actual DPS if you only count a max-stacked DJ. It would take you 20 seconds to get max malice since you wouldn't be attacking, so the DPS is half of 3k. Even worse.

That said, very rarely do people wait around for 20 seconds before they unload their burst, an attacking Deadeye will be dealing 10 to 14 seconds of damage before he hits with DJ, so if you're trying to go for the 10s 30k damage argument, it would be fair to take into account the damage the Deadeye would have to be doing in the meantime in order to not make it seem like you scew the argument somewhat to better suit your point. It may seem deceptive, is all I'm saying.

But you're not wrong. Even if you didn't scew the numbers, It's still fucking terrible, lol.

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Gray.9041 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Tired basically all the builds I could when it comes to rifle. Nice going assuming I hadn't.

Then you are probably playing it wrong.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:also its "only" 30k damage, that barely tickles some enemies in pve, and seriously...it takes around 10s to reach that malice, 30k in 10s means 3k dps...30k damage from a single DJ on maxed Malice Stacks after 10 seconds? + whatever damage you fill those 10s with until you hit that cap?

yep, thats nothing. unload has a casttime of 1.5s and hits for 8-10k + might + malice. so basically in 4.5s it can outnumber dj and you still have enough energy left. and thats without delay right from the start until the end.even trb damage isnt that high and in my case hits for just 5k, so again not good in pve

Well it's... Just that it's not representative of the actual DPS if you only count a max-stacked DJ. It would take you 20 seconds to get max malice since you wouldn't be attacking, so the DPS is half of 3k. Even worse.

That said, very rarely do people wait around for 20 seconds before they unload their burst, an attacking Deadeye will be dealing 10 to 14 seconds of damage before he hits with DJ, so if you're trying to go for the 10s 30k damage argument, it would be fair to take into account the damage the Deadeye would have to be doing in the meantime in order to not make it seem like you scew the argument somewhat to better suit your point. It may seem deceptive, is all I'm saying.

But you're not wrong. Even if you didn't scew the numbers, It's still kitten terrible, lol.

thats the problem, without malice DJ deals almost no damage, a 0 malice DJ hits for around the same amount as TRB, i think both have the same base damage even, but DJ gains a massive damage boost from malice, so it would be stupid NOT to wait for the max (every point of malice means 15% more damage).Also the 20s are kinda wrong since even autoattack increases the malice rate and costs no energy, thats like 9 autoattacks (?) before malice is full. with trickery you can cast DJ 2-3 times then, which is sadly still nothing. with 9 hits i deal around 18k damage, with 3 DJs then its another 48k. thats 66k (in theory) in around 14s or so, thats sadly just 4.7k dps. with unload i deal around 10k in 1.5s without quickness and might, so 6.6k dps with one button without waiting, mobility loss or so (with quicknes this increases to 10k in 0.75s so 13.3k dps). even the range difference doesnt matter since you rarely take advantage of 1500 range in pve.using TRB instead of autoattack sadly even lowers this because i could use DJ only once before the mark ends, and each TRB deals around twice the damage of one autoattack for me.atleast thats my experience so far. Pistols are extremely strong now thanks to the quick marking buffs and the resulting fast unload spam. daggers and other melees are obviously even stronger since they still have all their base and deadeye advantages and none of the deadeye disadvantages.rifle on the other hand is just a fancy fashion tool...

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Deadeye is not horrible, Rifle is.

Try p/p for a change.

You don't need DE to use P/P. That is why DE is horrible. The point of DE is using a Rifle, not continuing to use pistols.

No, the point is that DE makes P/P better, analogous to how DD makes d/p better.

@Ellisande.5218 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Deadeye is not horrible, Rifle is.

Try p/p for a change.

You don't need DE to use P/P. That is why DE is horrible. The point of DE is using a Rifle, not continuing to use pistols.

Weaver doesn't use sword, Tempest doesn't use horn, Dh doesn't use longbow, Holo doesn't use sword, Renegade doesn't use bow etc. Many elites are better with other then the spec weapon. If you want damage, you use the best weapon for damage. Or are the rest of those specs horrible too because they do more damage with core weapons?

Sure would be nice if the spec weapon was the best but that doesn't seem to be the case with many specs/builds. At least not in context of raids.

@illenos.5134 said:You'll have to split the balance of rifle between pve, pvp and wvw. In wvw it is way too easy to oneshot other roamers or snipe someone down within seconds.

Splitting damage should never even be a debate. They should ask "Is the damage where it should be in PvE? No? Then make it where it should be in PvE, full stop. . . That makes it too strong in PvP? Then split the damage, why do I even have to tell you this, do you even game design? This is Design 101 stuff"

@Ohoni.6057 said:

Splitting damage should never even be a debate. They should ask "Is the damage where it should be in PvE? No? Then make it where it should be in PvE, full stop. . . That makes it too strong in PvP? Then split the damage, why do I even have to tell you this, do you even game design? This is Design 101 stuff"

and this is right...doest we have in some skills "This skill is unique per game mode"? where these skills are some changed in pvp from pve to not be to powerfull or something breaking pvp

similiar thing they can do with this rifle to be more viable in pve without overbuffing it on pvp

It's directly due to private testing.

See some of us have been here since beta. We know the history of when Arenanet balance team made really really bad decisions on other classes. I have a few examples:

Engineer explosives was nerfed to the point of not being useful in any build. There was concern from the PVP community about the power of grenades so they nerfed them so hard they weren't even useable in PVE.

Longbow ranger was nerfed so hard that not a single ranger in the game used it after the nerf. It was so slow and did so little damage that it couldn't be used.

Necro axe was nerfed so hard the necro only had 1 choice for builds for years, no power builds at all (long before expansions) and was stuck much like the engineer in a condition only hell.

So you see Arenanet balance team, you're overreacting to "concerns" that aren't actually happened and you did a pre-emptive nerf before even seeing the class in the normal game. Private testing causes this, if you had a public test server you'd get better testing and a more honest reporting of issues on classes but since you test new game classes in a private setting you get a terrible report about things that aren't actually happening with new classes resulting in supernerfs that were never necessary in the first place.

Archived