Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first time I tried episode 3, there were still files to load but I logged and moved on with the new story anyway. However, it crashed at the beginning of the cinematic with the plague ship. Second time, I first waited for all files to download, then tried again. This time cinematic played correctly and I moved to the next step. One comment here in case team has not noticed: camera collisions inside Faren's ship did not work - camera kept moving outside the walls. Nice touch with the Joko statue dialog though :)Later, I moved to the tomb of primeval kings. Got through the dialog with the queens by simply approaching and waiting, then got to where Taimi was, Blish made his portal, then I tried to enter together with a friend in party. I got to the destination for about 40 seconds while my friend was still loading, then got kicked out. After that I could not log again with any character. I tried a free to play account which worked fine, then logged out of that and re-logged my normal account which now succeeded in logging me in, but after a short time waiting at the tomb portal I was kicked out again.I don't know if this helps, hope it does :)

@"Anjo.3170" said:"[ARENA NET] Rubi Bayer.8493 posted on 2018-05-29 17:15:31:A message from Mike Zadorojny:Hi everyone,The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!"

Hey Mike, you may want to go back to the drawing board because the "quality bar" and "quality standards" you set for yourselves seems to be very low.

The quality seems high but its irrelevant since we can't actually PLAY IT

@Blocki.4931 said:Well, all I can say is that it doesn't surprise me when tens of thousands of people try to open the same instance simultaneously. I'll take a nap and dive right in over night :D

That's exactly why multiple servers do exist. Failing to predict critical load capacity of a server for 6-years old game is... Surprising.

I just finished the first instance of the new Living Story, and got kicked out right at the part where you get your reward chest.

Now I can't long back into my warrior without getting a white network error after the initial Crystal Oasis loading screen. However, I can long onto my other characters just fine. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm worried that my warrior may be in a permanent purgatory.

Just trying to log back in after a crash from instance and am getting Network Error Code 1083:5:7:1596:101. This has been happening as i try relog after crash when trying to pick up Bish's arm at zone into the new instance at the tomb of primeval kings and get the crash. A couple retries usually drops me back at starting WP in desert highlands, I take the northern WP closest to Primeval Kings and fly over and start the sequence all over again in hopes of getting it to work. What other info is usefull?

load time for Forearmed is Forewarned is extremely long compared to any other load time, as of late after about 3 minutes load window on instance it switches to Lions Arch loading screen and drops me at the start point for LA now. Note there are about 60 or so people standing at tomb of primeval kings and another 20 or so at the drop point in LA so seems like this is repeat issue

ok just trying to help solve the problem.In case u don't know some details that's my "story". the game keep crashing if you try to do anything with the new story. Playing with another character or do something else works just fine (at least everything I tried). In the checkpoints of the story where you have to reach before the 2nd story Instance "Forearmed Is Forewarned" like going to taimi at port ,to the ghosts or to taimi outside the tomb, might or might not trigger the dialog of the story and even if the dialog start, when is over, the step will not go to the next step. After a few re-logs it might trigger to the next phase. Now about the instance "Forearmed Is Forewarned" (if you make it there) i was able to get in once. i try to move with the arm but got disconnected after 2-3 mins. As for the other times that i try to get inside the instance the game just put me to the character selection screen or to the entrance to LA from Gendarran Fields.Happy fixing.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey there,

We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Desert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

Archived