Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have just NOT patched until you had a majority of the issues resolved. I tried the instance after the latest patch, and now I'm locked out of ALL characters. I have yet to find a workaround that will let me play on any of my characters.

New fix made it worse. Logged in once, left pvp lobby to go back to Desert Highlands, clicked continue story, and only got as far as the loading screen before getting the same old network error. Now I can't log in on any other toon, even after waiting for a while.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

downloaded the new build. i'm getting the exact same error still and cannot load any character into the game.

Map load info shows that the client isn't even trying to download. Sits at 0/0 assest and doesn't pull any data from the associated Instance IP after 90 seconds of trying it errors out with a 7:something code. Then attempting to use said character returns 1083 again.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

I can't imagine how tough this situation is for you all. Best of luck in getting things up and running soon!

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

So is this fixed or not?This is from the latest patchnotes:

Fixed an issue that blocked quest progress after players talked to the Primeval Queens or rendezvoused with Taimi and Blish at the portal in the "Forearmed Is Forewarned" chapter of the Living World episode "Long Live the Lich."

My husband and I were able to get into the first instance and play through for about 10-15 minutes before crashing! Yay! Getting closer! Thank you for the updates, and for the entire team's work on this. Today must have been and is still being one heck of a rough day for everyone working so hard to get this running as beautifully as I know it ultimately will! We're cheering you on! <3

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

I'm on the dev side, but I fear for the AMA on this episode.

@Thefarside.2178 said:Wait, tomorrow morning? You guys are calling it a day? Players/fans/loyalist have waited over 10 hours and you are waiting until tomorrow? Got it.

It's not the first time we've had to wait a day. Head of the Snake was delayed entirely for about 25 hours (A blizzard knocked out the studio's power). These things happen. Chill. Wait. Go back to other maps and grab some Mastery Points you don't have yet. Mount is gonna need a lot of them. Or do the Fractal. Or play another game. It's not like we pay a sub fee for GW2.

Archived