Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Hmm, lets hold the patch so we make it great. Patch releases Oh nothing works, maybe we should have actually double checked our code or something. Alright I'm sorry, I may not be a game dev. or have that as my major, but like really? Someone fell down on their job and what do I get for it? Seven hours waiting for something that will be updated 24 from now when I'm having to reconcile payroll? Gotcha, sounds like a Solid Plan.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logged in with Character A in Crystal Oasis/AmnoonDid NOT start LW storyMap travel to Wayfarer Foothills (Solitude WP)DCForced download of patch 9:30pm EDTLogged in with Character ALong Delay -- DCRestart client; no additional downloadLogged in with Character B in Crystal Oasis/AmnoonLog out to character selection screen; select Character ALong Delay - DCRestart client; no additional downloadLogged in with Character BLog out to character selection screen; select Character ALong Delay - Character A appears at Amnoon WP with message that WP I had attempted had been contested however no DCMap travel to Wayfarer Foothills without incidentNow, things seem stable

@ostjaevel.3247 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

So is this fixed or not?This is from the latest patchnotes:

Fixed an issue that blocked quest progress after players talked to the Primeval Queens or rendezvoused with Taimi and Blish at the portal in the "Forearmed Is Forewarned" chapter of the Living World episode "Long Live the Lich."

Im as confused as you are, Stephan says no. but notes says yes.. umm what? Need some clarification please.

@Anjo.3170 said:The patch was for a Fractal server crash. Cant believe they considered that a priority over the LS crash. Should be all hands on deck for LS.

There are certainly two different teams, and the Fractal team got a task done - hence the patch. You can't deligate programmers of one team to content done by another team, because they wouldn't know what to do.

It seems all my chars are locked out. not just the one that is on the quest. so....This sucks. keep getting slapped down with a network error. can you guys do us a favor and tell us exactly what the hell went wrong once you got this fixed? because this is the first living world that i remember breaking like this.

@Sapphire Artemis.3062 said:

@Thefarside.2178 said:Wait, tomorrow morning? You guys are calling it a day? Players/fans/loyalist have waited over 10 hours and you are waiting until tomorrow? Got it.

It's not the first time we've had to wait a day. Head of the Snake was delayed entirely for about 25 hours (A blizzard knocked out the studio's power). These things
happen
. Chill. Wait. Go back to other maps and grab some Mastery Points you don't have yet. Mount is gonna need a lot of them. Or do the Fractal. Or play another game. It's not like we pay a sub fee for GW2.

Aside from that, I think many players are unhappy about being unable to log in at all, and attempting to switch toons does not fix this issue.

@Sapphire Artemis.3062 said:

@Thefarside.2178 said:Wait, tomorrow morning? You guys are calling it a day? Players/fans/loyalist have waited over 10 hours and you are waiting until tomorrow? Got it.

It's not the first time we've had to wait a day. Head of the Snake was delayed entirely for about 25 hours (A blizzard knocked out the studio's power). These things
happen
. Chill. Wait. Go back to other maps and grab some Mastery Points you don't have yet. Mount is gonna need a lot of them. Or do the Fractal. Or play another game. It's not like we pay a sub fee for GW2.

A blizzard is a nature matter, this is humans fault, especially since the extra month this episode already had.

@Gaile Gray.6029 @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 - Thank you so much for the continued updates and hard work. It is much appreciated!

Now to the tougher question, as someone who works in technology (previously as a Systems Admin/Engineer, now as a Developer), at which point should this issue be considered so production impacting that it should be rolled back, fixes created, and a new attempt at release be done later this week or next week?

I only ask because, in my experience, I would've been forced to roll back within an hour (maybe two) of a similar issue on our servers/applications.

To be fair, the programmers/network people have been hammering at this for just as long. They need rest and time to let things settle in their brains. Tired programmers trying to fix a bug are a good way to make it worse.

And I'm sure they're going to have a few people running some tests and checking a few things tonight, so they have more information to hand the fixers tomorrow morning. I may freely blame ANet for how bad this is going, but all the blame in the world doesn't give the fixers greater endurance.

@tazzannl.5016 said:guys guys really need to cut arenanet some slack they're working as fast as they can to correct these issues i say this to everyone when a patch hits wait at least a day or so that then anet can at least address the major issues :S how the hell is it a surprise to you guys every update? something on these lines always takes place it's not anets fault some things their side don't show up for them like our side, you realise they're running around aimlessly in their offices right?

your right!

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

I'm sorry, but right now, sorry isn't enough!Seriously, the release was delayed to uphold quality standards? This is the standard? No one being able to progress?Having the same issues we've had on PoF release! Maybe a reality check would be better, and realize that the Servers at Amazon are failing to meet up with the demands of new, popular releases.After 4 months i finally convinced my brother and a few friends to come back to the game and get back. And what happened, not only were they discouraged by this, but since there's generalized instability in the servers, they got dcd halfway through a long instance of the previous story chapter, and all left.So, i'm afraid sorry isn't any where near good enough!

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

Is this a joke??im From Germany and i wait now over 8 hours for play the story and now more wait??Fixed this Problem now!!i will play

Archived