Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus christ, those of you who are acting like the devs should go without rest/sleep before this is fixed are actually disgusting

you are paying nothing extra for these story updates, the game isn't going anywhere so you'll be able to play it eventually. Yes it's a bit disappointing but this wasnt their intention, they didn't want to annoy their players and release a patch that wasn't working. They're trying hard to fix it, stop being entitled little brats and go do something else instead of having a tantrum on the forum.

Things like that happen, when you have so many players log in at the same time. Sometimes things break, even if there was nothing wrong before. You cannot predict it.

Since it's not even 10AM here, and I'm at work till 4PM, I will be logging in after work, hoping things are fixed, if not, I can always do one of the many other things in game that I still have to finish.

Good luck on fixing those~!

not gonna lie im salty af, in other games after such things happen we (players) get something in change for the trouble, in here we just receive overbuffs in classes that are already good and nerfs to ones that nobody plays, and i wouldnt be so angry if it was the first time this kind of thing happens, but everytime and update goes live, everything goes real bad and real fast. in other words i would like to play during my vacations thanks.

@Rintz.5138 said:not gonna lie im salty af, in other games after such things happen we (players) get something in change for the trouble, in here we just receive overbuffs in classes that are already good and nerfs to ones that nobody plays, and i wouldnt be so angry if it was the first time this kind of thing happens, but everytime and update goes live, everything goes real bad and real fast. in other words i would like to play during my vacations thanks.

You get free content, go away troll.

@Egorum.9506 said:This or something like it does happen with every single lw release.No, it doesn't. Something this major happened maybe 4-5 times before in the whole history of GW2.

Seriously, for other MMOs it's perfectly normal to have the whole game shut down for hours after a major patch to fix bugs. We really have it good here.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Silitha The Mystical.5480" said:They even said this bug did not show in their testing.

I'm sure they did very rigorous testing and then the code came to life and mutated into a completely non-functional state that prevents EVERYONE from accessing the map.

or

Anet lied to you and you believed them without question.You really never have worked on any major programming project, did you?

It's not possible to truly 100% replicate test and production environments even for small projects. There's always bound to be some small differences. Usually they don't matter, but sometimes they do. And, incidentally, those types of bugs are usually the hardest to squash, because they can be really elusive.

Last time i saw something this major on a project, it turned out to be caused by some wonky interactions of routing table and firewall port redirects. In place that was seemingly not connected to the issue (and one the team looking for cause of bugs didn't even have direct access to).

It's easy to explode with righteous indignation when it's all black magic to you, but trust me, if you have even a passable knowledge of the potential issues it becomes much, much harder to blame Anet. Don't think that you'd do their job better when you have no real idea of what's going on.

I, for one, am pleasantly surprised that stuff like that doesn't happen all that often. And that there's practically no shutdown-causing issues at all. They had to take the game offline twice in the game history (and once more for completely external reasons that had nothing to do with GW2 or Arenanet). There was never (as far as i remember) any major content rollback. You just don't realize how incredible this is.

I'm of course irritated as anyone at having to wait. Nobody likes that, especially if you're pumped yourself up for the next episode. I just don't think that there's any point to being angry at Anet. And while screaming at someone else to "do their jobs better" might relieve my stress, it's hardly productive, or fair.Especially, as i mentioned before, if you have no idea of problems the devs might be facing.

@AyumiFey.8925 said:Since it's not even 10AM here, and I'm at work till 4PM, I will be logging in after work, hoping things are fixed, if not, I can always do one of the many other things in game that I still have to finish.Same. And i am a bit hopeful, since from what i hear about the people getting errors at the later story steps than before, it seems they are fixing things.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:This or something like it does happen with every single lw release.No, it doesn't. Something this major happened maybe 4-5 times before in the whole history of GW2.

Seriously, for other MMOs it's perfectly normal to have
the whole game shut down for hours
after a major patch to fix bugs. We really have it good here.

Sometimes people don't realise it seems, how amazing it is to get all updates without the server breaks, without waiting.

I haven't played that many online games, but the ones I did, it was normal to have 1-2, sometimes more hours for maintenance.

And you had to work around that to play, if it was during the time you were available to play.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@AyumiFey.8925 said:Since it's not even 10AM here, and I'm at work till 4PM, I will be logging in after work, hoping things are fixed, if not, I can always do one of the many other things in game that I still have to finish.Same. And i am a bit hopeful, since from what i hear about the people getting errors at the later story steps than before, it seems they
are
fixing things.

That's good to hear. We shall see how it goes when I come back from work.

One plus of living in EU, updates usually happen after work for me, in the evening, so I don't wait impatiently while at work, not being able to jump in immediately haha

I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.As an indie game developer myself, if the player base of my games would act this way because of problems on the first day of new content I wouldn't know how to keep going. So thank you everyone at Anet, for working so hard and then having to listen to all this entitled whining, you'r commitment is much appreciated <3

"Be my guest" are crahsing for me, in EU, tried to get into the instance twice now. The first time the dialog began and then gave me the 7:11:3:191:101 code. Tried to log in but got the 1083 code. After waiting a few minutes I was able to login again just to crash again, this time after a few seconds in the instance, when I tried to enter "Be my Guest" and after that 1083 again.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

Bugs happen? Sometimes problems can be resolved quickly, sometimes they might be more complicated and take more time.

It's not like you won't be able to play at all. Waiting ~1 day or sth shouldn't be that hard. The update will be there, sooner or later.

Yeah, keep trying different characters.I've just had the same issue this morning. It kept crashing on two of my chars. Log into another. That worked, I could then log into the characters that were chrashing.

It's saying network error Code:1083:5:7:1596:101It's definitively not my network. That was working fine.

edit: I havent played any of the living world stories. Haven't even gone near the new maps.

Archived