Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Purple Miku.7032 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

I'm sorry, but right now, sorry isn't enough!Seriously, the release was delayed to uphold quality standards? This is the standard? No one being able to progress?Having the same issues we've had on PoF release! Maybe a reality check would be better, and realize that the Servers at Amazon are failing to meet up with the demands of new, popular releases.After 4 months i finally convinced my brother and a few friends to come back to the game and get back. And what happened, not only were they discouraged by this, but since there's generalized instability in the servers, they got dcd halfway through a long instance of the previous story chapter, and all left.So, i'm afraid sorry isn't any where near good enough!

To be fair, if your friends quit over such a trivial inconvenience they were probably not going to stick around longterm anyways lmao.

Trivial? You do understand that they had already taken a break because PoF had the exact same problems, right?

The worse part is that it's actually somewhat working without any new patches, which means it wasn't really a bug. It was the cheap(er) Amazon Servers that really can't handle the load, which means every new larger story release will just entail the same issues over and over until they decide to upgrade the servers. Or worse, they'll start having to change the story instances to conform to the server's insufficiencies instead of improving the server to handle the requirements of a robust story.The fact that they kept calling it a bug, and that would be fixed, while it got fixed by simply spreading out the population, just means they weren't being upfront and were misleading us, hoping the issue would sort itself out with time and forgetfulness.

@jguerin.8261 said:

@Jasaad.1835 said:Hey Anet, been more than 13 hours since your last post, maybe give a new update on the state of things? transparency goes a long way...

I don't think they are even at work yet XDIt isn't 8AM for them for another 3 minutes.(they are in Washington, west coast, right?)

I have no ideabut I start working at 7 am, so they can start early as well :sweat_smile:

@Jasaad.1835 said:

@Jasaad.1835 said:Hey Anet, been more than 13 hours since your last post, maybe give a new update on the state of things? transparency goes a long way...

I don't think they are even at work yet XDIt isn't 8AM for them for another 3 minutes.(they are in Washington, west coast, right?)

I have no ideabut I start working at 7 am, so they can start early as well :sweat_smile:

Yeah, a manager there cracking his knuckles saying "guys, early in--early out!"

But alas, this is not like a law firm that needs a brief submitted by 11PM, or a wholesaler needing to get an order out by 9AM.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

I'm sorry, but right now, sorry isn't enough!Seriously, the release was delayed to uphold quality standards? This is the standard? No one being able to progress?Having the same issues we've had on PoF release! Maybe a reality check would be better, and realize that the Servers at Amazon are failing to meet up with the demands of new, popular releases.After 4 months i finally convinced my brother and a few friends to come back to the game and get back. And what happened, not only were they discouraged by this, but since there's generalized instability in the servers, they got dcd halfway through a long instance of the previous story chapter, and all left.So, i'm afraid sorry isn't any where near good enough!

To be fair, if your friends quit over such a trivial inconvenience they were probably not going to stick around longterm anyways lmao.

Trivial? You do understand that they had already taken a break because PoF had the exact same problems, right?

Yes, that is extremely trivial. I find it very difficult to believe that out of all of the time you've played, none of the positives can amount to the collective day to several days worth at most that you are putting up with on two large content releases that came with unforeseen problems needing to be fixed. If your friends had enough of a problem with the game that they were detached from it enough to quit over something so ultimately inconsequential, then it's fair to assume they probably weren't really that interested in the game to begin with because someone that's really enjoying the game would be willing to look past the inconvenience and know that mistakes can and do happen in the workplace, rather than quitting the moment something goes wrong.

I'm not sure if this is correct here, but I get disconnected about anywhere in the game now.
The last time it happened before just now my account progress got reset by about 10 minutes.When I tried to login to my character again the loading screen said crystal oasis instead of the desolation where I last was before I got disconnected and I couldn't log in.Now it does work again and I got loaded into the desolation with the correct loading screen.

@"GreyWolf.8670" said:

LW has never been free. You have to own the expansion it belongs to and log in while the episode is current. If you buy HoT right now you must pay for the story episodes as well.

You can not be more wrong.

(I believe I'm too new to post images so here is the link: https://imgur.com/a/dU6fK8Y )If you log in with an account WITHOUT the expansion during the LW, you still receive the episode for free(to be played when you buy the expansion).I will translate this for you:Available now for playingThis episode has been PERMANENTLY saved in your account and you'll be able to play it when you buy Path of Fire.

So, in fact, the expansion has it's price but the living world content IS FREE.

Also, you can buy gems with gold so it will cost you 0 money if you don't log in during the LW.

You're welcome.

I was in new map and just as I selected the secret cache for the beetle collection located near the farming village that starts with an "A" I got disconnected. I've been unable to reconnect since that time to the map due to a network error.

EDIT: Waited a few minutes and was able to log in. The original error had me trying to connect to The Desert Highlands, but now it is properly connecting to Kourma.

@nonetito.9164 said:

@"GreyWolf.8670" said:

LW has never been free. You have to own the expansion it belongs to and log in while the episode is current. If you buy HoT right now you must pay for the story episodes as well.

You can not be more wrong.

(I believe I'm too new to post images so here is the link:
)If you log in with an account WITHOUT the expansion during the LW, you still receive the episode for free(to be played when you buy the expansion).I will translate this for you:Available now for playingThis episode has been PERMANENTLY saved in your account and you'll be able to play it when you buy Path of Fire.

So, in fact, the expansion has it's price but the living world content IS FREE.

Also, you can buy gems with gold so it will cost you 0 money if you don't log in during the LW.

You're welcome.

I do not think you read my post. You CANNOT play the episode unless you buy the expansion, too. Thus, not free. If they're free why are they available in the gem store, where things are not free?

I also do not accept the gold->gems argument. Those gems were not free either.

Currently having issues with Be Our Guest. Have tried completing multiple times, but disconnects happen near the time Braham jumps from the bridge. Sometimes making it until entering the sewers, but a few times before the champion even spawns before the cutscene. "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)" I also can't log back into the character without logging into a different character that is not in Kourna or I am immediately disconnected on the load screen.

Yesterday I had been playing for a while in one of the low levels on a level 22 character when I got disconnected. I think that character got corrupted somehow, now whenever I log her in the game closes with a "serious error" and the "send report to ArenaNet box comes up. I have to repair the game client to get it to run again.

I can play on other characters now, but that one seems to crash the game and require a repair ever since. I don't want to delete the character since it's the first one I created years ago when I first installed the game, and it gets all the anniversary gifts. If I delete her I think I won't be able to get any more anniversary gifts in the future, is that correct?

I just came back after years away and got both expansions on sale earlier this month, still very new to everything but loving the game so far.

I'm just worried that this character is corrupted forever and don't know what to do.

@DoubleVV.5760 said:Same problem i cannot finish my story quest and now i cannot log in to the new map at all. I'm new to this game but they usually have this issues with the new patches ?

No, they don't. There are some minor issues usually, but nothing as major as this. I've been playing this game since launch and I can't remember the last time something of this scale has happened. I know there are people in this thread who claim it's always like this with new patches, especially now with season 4, but frankly they are flat out lying. I've had no problems with the first 2 chapters of LW season 4, nor did I see feedback on the scale of this thread for either of those episodes. So consider it an unlucky moment to start with the game. This is not a common occurence.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@DoubleVV.5760 said:Same problem i cannot finish my story quest and now i cannot log in to the new map at all. I'm new to this game but they usually have this issues with the new patches ?

No, they don't. There are some minor issues usually, but nothing as major as this. I've been playing this game since launch and I can't remember the last time something of this scale has happened. I know there are people in this thread who claim it's always like this with new patches, especially now with season 4, but frankly they are flat out lying. I've had no problems with the first 2 chapters of LW season 4, nor did I see feedback on the scale of this thread for either of those episodes. So consider it an unlucky moment to start with the game. This is not a common occurence.

I can also second that as I have had ZERO issues until now and I have had the game since launch as well.. Sooo frustrating..

Archived