Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's a little of both, but it should have been somewhat anticipated on their end. I mean, all this talk of "quality" and a month delay, I would have expected it to be running smoother than the other two patches. But it's worse. FAR worse. And for the new players that just transferred over this isn't exactly a great experience either.

I'm also kind of upset that relogging after getting to the Tomb of Primevil kings skipped some of the dialogue with the queens. Hopefully nothing interesting was said. Not like I won't replay it anyway for achievements, but still. Now the client crashed and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to log back into my character.

@Fenar.4025 said:Is it a bug or is it millions of hungry gamers all hitting the servers at the same time? Why all the disconnects when trying to do the new story instances?

Both. This is why you don't make bloated releases within 2-3 months and not give enough time for quality testing. As far as servers, they have always had issues.

players cannot enter the portal created by blish when he loses his arm, I downloaded the content in background, and when it looked full I downloaded in foreground, I got in waited for dialog, it asked to find his arm I was standing on, could not interact with the object, and got disconnect, now I cannot log on with any character.

The spouse and I could the first instance without issue, but we couldn't get an update while talking to

! the Twinsuntil logging out and back in several times. My spouse eventually got the dialogue and moved on, but I never got that dialogue. It automatically moved me to the next step though, to! update Taimi.! We can't see the quest marker from there though, and I even went back to Amnoon's docks to see if she was still there.Edit: and now we're getting connection issues, neither of us can connect. Error code 1083:5:7:1596:101

@narcx.3570 said:

@Rysdude.3824 said:Having the same issue

Edit: now i cant log into any of my characters, including those not in crystal oasis.

Same... Do
NOT
try to goto the Tomb of the Primevil Kings, you will get pwned.

At this point, I need to fo full reboots in order to even log back in. Quite demoralizing actually. Welp, time to join the taxi to the new map. Hopefully that works. Who needs the story anyway

So now after several 1083:(...) errrors I got back into the game on the charr I'm playing the story with, I managed to get back on the Desert Higland map where I was about to join into Forearmed Is Forewarned instance. I now am waiting for over 130 secs to get into the IP: 18.196.166.51 instance, after 140secs I got in... Stay tuned :DEdit: before all the talk was over I DC'd again with a 7:11:3:191:101 error code :$

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Doireann Devir.6984" said:Also, not sure if this helps, but each time I try to go back in, the startup screen shows Crystal Oasis before realizing I'm in Desert Highland.

You know, information like this could be helpful, so thanks for posting it.

I understand the frustration, but "It's broken" posts aren't nearly as helpful as those that give details, such as an error code, your general location, a tracert, that sort of thing. You are truly welcome to post here in any form (aside a breach of the FCoC, of course ;) ) but if you could provide a little info in the post, that would be excellent. I've pointed out this thread to the devs and they may find helpful details with in it if you'll share them.

Thanks very much!

guys, your servers are really crap : have a 400Mb/s connection, perfectly stable (like 1h disconnection once a year), but with this update, I'm getting a disconnect in every part of the story, and back to the previous map. Sometimes also not getting the green star for story, have to DC a lot of times. Had no problem with previous updates, plz fix it.BTW, the green star problem was for "Update Taimi", got it in Oasis Crystal map, not on the right map, but seems fixed, having it now

Archived