A “Thank You” to the Dev’s

momophily.3814

Arena Net Staff,

I am not the most active forum user but I have been playing off-and-on since the release of this title, and I have watch the evolution of your content. I have also been sarcastic, critical and downright judgmental in some of my past forum posts. Normally, I only come to this page when I have a problem or a frustration. When I’m not on your forums, I’m usually enjoying game content.

However, I would like to instead write this post to say Thank You and Well Done! Anyone who has stumbled into Brightwater Inlet, stood on the Enchanted Bluffs, or trekked across The Desolation can see the sheer time, effort and talent put into this expansion. While your implementation of the mount system is fluid, it feels organic and adds value to the game experience. Once again I find myself walking around the map for the sake of just walking to see what awaits me over the next rise. These maps are amazing.

And your Elite Spec…I have no doubt that the community will continue to argue about balance, as balance is a never ending process. Regardless, your Path of Fire Elite Specs are simply enjoyable. The fresh perspective and combat mechanics are reinvigorating my desire to pick up classes that I haven’t played in years. No matter what content or system I look at in Path of Fire, I see the effort the staff put into this game. Thank you for providing a game experience that I can see myself playing for years to come.

I have to say, that I disliked the original guild wars 2 story, because of the whole commander-throw-your-army-on-orr-thing. The story of HOT was better, because you don't have the whole army in your back, but there was so many part storys that started and canceled abprubt. You rushed through the story and on the other side you had to farm to continue with next story part.

In Path of fire the whole story was really great. There were moments to remember the old guild wars prophecies/nightfall story (in tyria there are so many wasted opportunities: Droknar's forge, Henge of Denravi, Temple of Age). Surprising moments for example when you enter vaabi and saw how it changed or entering the library in the mists . There were some enjoyable memories for guild wars 2 play, too.The story tempo was great. Not too rushed and not too much farming like in HOT. It felt like a story of the original guild wars. I think there were already more story parts, that you could play with friends (story parts before were really annoying to play with others, because you've to switch instances all the time). The maps have all the same desert setting, but they look and feel all different. The mounts are nice animated and fun to ride and have there lore in each region. I hope they will not disturb in original guild wars maps especially in crowded places.The only part I disliked a bit, was the end. Too much "Bam, Boom, Bang" and "my weapon is bigger than yours"

In short: That was the best story experience since nightfall!

I usually don't like such 'thank you' threads. But I really must admit, as a long time veteran since 2006, I think the first time I am really blown away by the vast and rich new maps which finally give us the feel of awe of an open world. Old Tyria was always a bit awkward to explore. The proportions were off, everything felt a bit too small. You will notice it even more if you are on a mount or if you check Divinity's Reach from Queensdale and see that the map and the real DR don't fit.

I just wanted to create my first thread on the forum, even, if I'm playing Guild Wars since GW1 Factions.This post, attached to this thread should just express that I really do, like many other players, appreciate the work of the whole team for this new and in many ways best expansion. I liked almost everything about it - story, sound, animations, new maps, specializations, mounts, adventures.

Just a short thank you as a sign of thankful community :)

Archived