Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Cannot purchase expansions


Recommended Posts

My husband and I have been trying to purchase expansions through the website, but the "buy now" links send us to pages coded in text only format. There is no way to actually buy anything, just grey text on a plain merlot coloured background with a scattering of blue links, none of which allow us to add expansions to a cart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure I bought it in game through the Gem Store but with cash not Gems.

I did pre-purchase it so I don't know if it is different now that it is released, but everything was updated straight away. I just bought the Standard not the Ultimate so didn't have to worry about the delay on getting the gems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a problem purchasing directly in the store as well. I just went ahead and purchased the upgrade through Amazon, when I was not able to purchase as well.I am on Windows 10 home. Version 1703. Os Build 15063.608. My Chrome build is: Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). It did not work in Edge either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same page problem when I want to buy Path of Fire, no matter which browser I use. I reinstalled, cleared the cache, and deleted the browsers folders in %APPDATA% but nothing works. I know the problem is certainly local because on other machines the page is displayed correctly but I would like to fix this problem on my computer in order to proceed with the purchase. Any idea?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

buy.guildwars2.com uses a lot of resources from digitalriver.com, so when it gets blocked, the result is a text-only page with a solid color (#0c0006) background. It may be caused by ad-blockers, tracking protection, private mode or due to high security settings preventing offsite resources. Press F12 to open the dev tools, then reload the page and check the console for errors that may reveal why it's blocked.

You could also simply not be able to access digitalriver.com, so here's the header image you could try to view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you a lot for the advice. Indeed I cannot see the header image, unfortunately desactivating the add-ons, changing the security settings or restarting in Safe Mode didn't work either. This is even weirder because it was working just fine a week or two ago, the problem appeared out of nowhere without me changing settings or updating drivers.

By pressing F12 I see the browser is having a lot of issues to download the page and removing tracking protection fixed some errors but the page is still the same. But yes, much of the errors indicate that some elements from digitalriver can't be loaded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think certain countries have issues too. :( Maybe anet can help you out and they can manually help you get it. When I bought my expansion there was this thing where you had to actually click the type of card your using also. Some people skipped that and just typed in their card number and it wouldn't work. Maybe try that in case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Webby.7693 said:Indeed I cannot see the header image, unfortunately desactivating the add-ons, changing the security settings or restarting in Safe Mode didn't work either. This is even weirder because it was working just fine a week or two ago, the problem appeared out of nowhere without me changing settings or updating drivers.

The files are handled through a CDN, so your local server could be having problems or the DNS could have changed and you still have an old cache.

First try flushing your DNS cache. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

Restart your browser if you've already tried to access it, since it may continue to use what was previously cached.

If that doesn't work, try setting up Google's DNS.

To confirm that you can actually connect, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:

ping drh.img.digitalriver.com

If the ping fails, try:

ping 23.203.226.37

If that ping fails, you simply have a connection problem and could try using a VPN or Tor to get around it (if you do this, be careful to choose a server in the region you want). If it succeeds, you can manually configure your DNS by opening notepad as an administrator (right click > run as admin), openingC:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, and adding the following lines at the end:

23.203.226.37 drh.img.digitalriver.com23.203.226.37 drh1.img.digitalriver.com23.203.226.37 drh2.img.digitalriver.comIf that works, undo it once you're done, as the IPs can change over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Healix.5819 said:

@Webby.7693 said:Indeed I cannot see the header image, unfortunately desactivating the add-ons, changing the security settings or restarting in Safe Mode didn't work either. This is even weirder because it was working just fine a week or two ago, the problem appeared out of nowhere without me changing settings or updating drivers.

The files are handled through a CDN, so your local server could be having problems or the DNS could have changed and you still have an old cache.

First try flushing your DNS cache. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

I did it and unfortunately it didn't change anything, same for Google's DNS. However, the ping worked without any problem (ping drh.img.digitalriver.com and 23.203.226.37, before and after DNS procedure). My guess is that a driver or a program must be responsible for all this all the same since the connexion is perfectly fine, I've no other clue though. But I really appreciate your help, thank you all.

Indeed I think I will have no choice but use another device/computer and buy the expansion this way. But it would be interesting to investigate the matter further since I'm not the only one with this problem it seems. I can provide more information about the issue if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem. I believe Anet is loosing sales over this. Plenty of stores do not have this problem. I have today free to play, but am usually pretty busy now, so I'm not going to fight this all day only to be too busy to play later. I have looked at this a few months ago, and same problem. So maybe I'll still eventually buy it. But not on a day where I badly need to not introduce new stresses. And I have a library of hundreds of unplayed Steam games anyways to keep me happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello I have been trying for a week to purchase the xpacs in the gem store with a credit card. The links seem to be broken, they just keep recycling me back to my cart without adding anything to the cart or accepting the payment submission. I would really like to purchase them, can I get a reply? It's been over a week now and customer support seems to be non existent and has not replied to myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@steven minix.1025 said:Hello I have been trying for a week to purchase the xpacs in the gem store with a credit card. The links seem to be broken, they just keep recycling me back to my cart without adding anything to the cart or accepting the payment submission. I would really like to purchase them, can I get a reply? It's been over a week now and customer support seems to be non existent and has not replied to myself.

Did you try purchasing outside the game, through the website, buy.guildwars2.com?

Did you create a Support Ticket, and are still awaiting a response? If so, did you update the ticket by replying to the automated email?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@steven minix.1025 said:Hello I have been trying for a week to purchase the xpacs in the gem store with a credit card. The links seem to be broken, they just keep recycling me back to my cart without adding anything to the cart or accepting the payment submission. I would really like to purchase them, can I get a reply? It's been over a week now and customer support seems to be non existent and has not replied to myself.

Did you try purchasing outside the game, through the website, buy.guildwars2.com?

Did you create a Support Ticket, and are still awaiting a response? If so, did you update the ticket by replying to the automated email?

I did and the online store produces the same result. I have filed support tickets and received no response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you've not received the automated response, then either your ticket did not go through, or your email provider is blocking the Support emails. Did you log-in when creating the ticket, or use the 'anonymous' option? If you logged in, do you have the ticket number?

I appreciate your suggestions but I have already checked all of that and it is not the issue. Can a Dev please respond to me, if possible I would appreciate it greatly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...