Diatribe on Joko and his purpose in the LWS4 story. Ep 3 Spoilers.

Okami Amaterasu.9237

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Boreas The North.1892" said:I stopped playing after they killed Joko, had been having a lot of issues with the plot and characters for a while, but that absurdly weak writing was the final nail. In his moment of triumph, when he'd lured us there, made us underestimate his immortality, and just as we are about to lose, a kitten, kitten plot device swoops in. I'm beyond hurt by how little it seems they care about providing any depth to the story.

After playing episode 4, I’m actually glad they killed Joko off, as the plot is becoming more interesting, especially if this is all we will ever see of Elona.

Poor Elonians can’t catch a break when it comes to shifting realities, first nightfall, now the dragon.

I'm far from glad they killed Joko off in the way and quickness they did, but I do understand why they wanted to go to Kralkatorrik so soon. I fail to see why they had to do Joko first, mind, though the "free Awakened" situation is interesting, nor do I see why they couldn't have both be a threat at the same time.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"Boreas The North.1892" said:I stopped playing after they killed Joko, had been having a lot of issues with the plot and characters for a while, but that absurdly weak writing was the final nail. In his moment of triumph, when he'd lured us there, made us underestimate his immortality, and just as we are about to lose, a kitten, kitten plot device swoops in. I'm beyond hurt by how little it seems they care about providing any depth to the story.

After playing episode 4, I’m actually glad they killed Joko off, as the plot is becoming more interesting, especially if this is all we will ever see of Elona.

Poor Elonians can’t catch a break when it comes to shifting realities, first nightfall, now the dragon.

I'm far from glad they killed Joko off in the way and quickness they did, but I do understand why they wanted to go to Kralkatorrik so soon. I fail to see why they had to do Joko first, mind, though the "free Awakened" situation is interesting, nor do I see why they couldn't have both be a threat at the same time.

I honestly thought the forces themselves would have been combined and Kralkatorrik was going to brand Joko and make him a lieutenant.

@"Tyson.5160" said:I suppose Joko could return as a death branded, given that the Shatterer returned as a Death Branded after you know shattering into a million pieces.

I do think Joko could return as a Halloween character as an antagonist toward Mad King Thorn.

Unless he kills Aurene from the inside as "Death Branded" its probably not gonna happen.Im hoping he shows up as a ghost at Halloween, but i doubt that too.

@Tyson.5160 said:I suppose Joko could return as a death branded, given that the Shatterer returned as a Death Branded after you know shattering into a million pieces.

I do think Joko could return as a Halloween character as an antagonist toward Mad King Thorn.

Feces-Branded Palawa Joko.

Keep in mind he was physically eaten by Aurene. And not whole, either. She was taking bites at a time.

@Tyson.5160 said:I suppose Joko could return as a death branded, given that the Shatterer returned as a Death Branded after you know shattering into a million pieces.

Feces-Branded Palawa Joko.

Keep in mind he was physically eaten by Aurene. And not whole, either. She was taking bites at a time.

Ah well, that’s that then. ?

I don't think it was that quick.- I mean, Joko was killed in the spawn of 3 episodes of LW, which is probably the same that Kralkatorrik will get (Unless he doesn't die in S4) and in fact I very much liked the whole "warfront" feel of Kourna.- I never felt as I was truly waging war like that since Orr, so that's a plus. I think they just didn't distribute their time as they should have.

Yeah I couldn’t quite put into words why E3 was so disappointing. Boring map, boring meta, killing Joko way too soon, zero impact from the scarab plague...

It never even occurred to me how needed Tahlkora’s involvement was, after everything Joko did to her... that would’ve been an amazing moment If she contributed to his defeat in a concrete way.

I don’t think we needed a lot of major deaths because that becomes lazy after a while, but the scarab plague should’ve been insanely dangerous and impacted at least Elona.

They really needed to give this whole plot more time to ripen. :/

@"Svennis.3852" said:Yeah I couldn’t quite put into words why E3 was so disappointing. Boring map, boring meta, killing Joko way too soon, zero impact from the scarab plague...

It never even occurred to me how needed Tahlkora’s involvement was, after everything Joko did to her... that would’ve been an amazing moment If she contributed to his defeat in a concrete way.

I don’t think we needed a lot of major deaths because that becomes lazy after a while, but the scarab plague should’ve been insanely dangerous and impacted at least Elona.

They really needed to give this whole plot more time to ripen. :/

Episode 3 whether by the lack of events or by design, though I think the former, felt like a barren wasteland. I was alright with this given that the area was a true moment of suffering and torment as described by the occupants of this once lush place.

The area was full of life, water and bridges in Gw1 and now it’s just dried up river beds and sulphuric markings.

Archived