mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

21 minutes ago, Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

Btw elementalist also suffering from this BUG they onky mentioned about necro ability being disabled?? So what about elementalist’s summons????? 

Well elementalist summons dont work the same as necro minions, they are only temporary to begin with.

Have you tried reaper rise summons and see if they dont work like elementalist ones?

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well elementalist summons dont work the same as necro minions, they are only temporary to begin with.

Have you tried reaper rise summons and see if they dont work like elementalist ones?

Arenanet should simply change Elementalist summons to work more like Necromancer's summons then.

Remove the timer and make them permanent until they die to damage, just like Necromancer's summons.

Re-summon them after mounting. If Necromancer is allowed to, there is no logical reason why Elementalist shouldn't be allowed to.

It's only right and fair to do, fix this problem.

The only reasons I can see for Arenanet not to do this is Elementalist hate and Necromancer favouritism, neither of which is logical or even remotely fair towards Elementalist players.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got the memo they fix it from a reply.

I'm glad they fixed it, but I still think Anet's communication is terrible; how can you not make a message on this thread or pinned message to respond? Even if I have a social platform it doesn't mean I would be following them???

How can CS tell us to come here to report but comment fixes on another platform?

Edited by Spicebounty.1475
got updated
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Spicebounty.1475 said:

I thought I could deal with it at first... but after a few times of this happening while doing events or fighting enemies and having to wait for my summons to go off cooldowns; it really makes me not want to play Necromancer and that is my main where most of my stuff is on. 

Cs told me the forums is the best way the dev team to see our issues and is works effectively so far, I am seeing none of that. 

I am stuck in a dilemma;  do I not play for a long time and when EoD's is well out by then and I come back- will I have missed doing content I can't really do w/o large groups? I've seen so many players in the PoF coming in late and struggle to do large events due to the lack of players joining. 

I don't want to support Anet's crappy behavior but at the same time; I don't want to come back when no one is really around to do content when Anet decides to fix things.

It is fixed now, they tweeted that about 10 hours ago.  Certainly would have been better if Anet posted that in this thread or put it in the patchnotes.  Now you have to dig through this thread and hope to see  that someone copied the tweet into this thread 2 pages ago.  

Anet is so bad in communicating, so bad, so bad.... somehow the way this handle this must be deliberate, but I can not see the logic in it. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

It is fixed now, they tweeted that about 10 hours ago.  Certainly would have been better if Anet posted that in this thread or put it in the patchnotes.  Now you have to dig through this thread and hope to see  that someone copied the tweet into this thread 2 pages ago.  

Anet is so bad in communicating, so bad, so bad.... somehow the way this handle this must be deliberate, but I can not see the logic in it. 

I'm glad they did!

But at the same time- yeah, They could have done a better job at  get the message out. I guess, I can delete my post since it no longer seems to be the case.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

I think people misunderstood that it wasnt a bug when auto resummon was disabled. They intentionally disabled it while fixing something else.

Just super poor communication about the expected time for it to be restored.

Nah, it was pointed out a few times in here that it was disabled on purpose and not a bug.

The issue being without a slap in the face announcement sent out to every player, nobody pays any attention.

Couple that with anets love of putting things out on twitter, and nowhere else, and even players who read can miss it. They fail to put update notes on the front page unless its major too and thats an oversight.

the free to play mmo i play has better communication than ANET ever has, they post on reddit, their official forums, steam, twitch, twitter, and even facebook, anytime theres a game update. They have a presence on the forums too beside one person monitoring the entire forums.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Nah, it was pointed out a few times in here that it was disabled on purpose and not a bug.

The issue being without a slap in the face announcement sent out to every player, nobody pays any attention.

Couple that with anets love of putting things out on twitter, and nowhere else, and even players who read can miss it. They fail to put update notes on the front page unless its major too and thats an oversight.

the free to play mmo i play has better communication than ANET ever has, they post on reddit, their official forums, steam, twitch, twitter, and even facebook, anytime theres a game update. They have a presence on the forums too beside one person monitoring the entire forums.

The thing I don't understand (and, to be fair, I have never worked a community management/communication job for a game, so maybe there are really good explanations), is that it seems like communication should be one of the lesser problems when it comes to game bugs.

Fixing the actual issue might be complex and take lots of time, and maybe there are things like exploits that can't be mentioned in some cases, but with this one? The already mentioned disabling the minions because of an issue. To go radio silent after that feels like an error that should never have happened. My thinking is, if you have a problem like this and it will not be fixed before the weekend, say something. Anything. Most people are not looking for detailed information on what is happening. They just want to know it is still being worked on and the plan is to reenable it.

The dismissive  comment about being able to resummon minions plus the week of silence almost had me wondering whether my "maybe they can't bring back the feature" speculation example wasn't quite as far-fetched as I thought.

I'd really like to know why so many companies think silence is the right move.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1433176941566349326

It does not say that it's fixed. They only re-enabled the automatic minion summons after dismount. Unless there's another hidden 'we fixed this' tweet I am missing.

Yep. It can very well be that they have just reverted the change that disabled auto-resummon after not being able to properly fix the actual issue (whatever it was). We simply don't know. 

• Like 1

It would have cost them a 3 line post in this forum on day 1 or 2, the moment they also merged the posts or typed it on Twitter (ctrl C ctrl V).

A small default text which would probably have lead to a 3 page in stead to a 12 page thread, and dozens of informed customers for the price of a 3 minute effort.

I work in customer support last 22 years and simple messages can cause informed, less angry customers.

But I admit bureaucracy and above all fear at some levels of management to be transparant can cause those simple messages to take weeks to be allowed to be written, if ever,

Transparancy is scary. But you can do it if you want to  🙂

Edited by Eulefant.9624
typos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Eulefant.9624 said:

It would have cost them a 3 line post in this forum on day 1 or 2, the moment they also merged the posts or typed it on Twitter (ctrl C ctrl V).

A small default text which would probably have lead to a 3 page in stead to a 12 page thread, and dozens of informed customers for the price of a 3 minute effort.

I work in customer support last 22 years and simple messages can cause informed, less angry customers.

But I admit bureaucracy and above all fear at some levels of management to be transparant can cause those simple messages to take weeks to be allowed to be written, if ever,

Transparancy is scary. But you can do it if you want to  🙂

Same I work in CS and my experience with the forums and ticket GM system communication is not the best with Anet as of the recent years. While I am glad this issue got fixed; it would have done wonders if a staff member had just did what they were before and make a small copy paste message of 'we're looking into it' or 'it has been resolve'. They wouldn't have had to repeat themselves as most in these forums would have just linked the staff message back.  Again; I am glad they re-enabled necro auto summons,  but yeah- just making a tweet about it on another platform was not a good move when we; the players are specifically told to report our feedback on the forums.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 9:44 PM, xlion.3065 said:

Yep. It can very well be that they have just reverted the change that disabled auto-resummon after not being able to properly fix the actual issue (whatever it was). We simply don't know. 

I actually tested it and cannot manage to dismiss my minions by mounting anymore, no matter how fast I do it. So this is issue is indeed fixed, at least for me.

Thank you & /gg Anet! :classic_smile: