mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

I don't know if anyone from Anet moderates/monitors the forums (they certainly should), but if so, then they should be aware how people feel about this.

Remaining silent is very poor customer service. First rule of good customer service (or if not the first rule, then a very important one) is to keep the customer informed and manage their expectations. Just saying nothing is an excellent way to create angry customer, cause complaints and lose business. I, for one, will not be buying any gems until this is resolved as I'm not sure if I will remain in GW2 if it isn't.

• Like 5

Anet seems very quick to disable features that either have an exploit or are working in a way that was never intended. Conversely, they seem mighty slow to fix absolutely debilitating bugs that have an extremely negative impact on players. One of the key characteristics of Necro is raising the dead to force minions to do their bidding. Making them despawn when mounting translates to incredibly impeded mobility if you want to avoid all the cooldowns or mounting up and then forced to wait on cooldowns. The CDs for all the minions is way too long for this nonsense, especially the Flesh Golem since its CD is just shy of an entire minute. That almost 1 minute CD adds up when you have short fights as part of a roaming squad. I'm in agreement with the poster above - I'm not buying a single gem until this is fixed, and I am prolific buyer of gems because up until now I've had no qualms supporting this game. They just busted it for me and I am not at all amused.

Edit: I just noticed my account has the "joined recently" flag. What the heck? I've been playing for almost 9 years now. What do you mean I joined recently? 🤨

Edited by Aldel.8170
  • Like 4

Chiming in on this thread, too. I will not buy a single gem until this is fixed. It's incredibly annoying. Either you run around and avoid mounting so you don't wind up with all your minions on cooldown, or you mount and then have to stand around waiting for the CDs to be up so you can summon them again. Do this a few hundred times and it makes you not even want to play. Necro has become one of my favorites lately and now I get this as a "reward" for trying a new (to me) class. 

• Like 3

Welcome to the world of ranger pets CD after mounting/dismounting which has been an ongoing issue, even in WvW.

Decided to hop on my scourge so I could experience it even more. :)  It is rather annoying when you use blood fiend as your heal though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Luna Ataegina.3289 said:

I came in to see if it was worth playing again and it looks like it isn't.  Really does anyone even have any idea what the exploit or whatever it is that anet is trying to stop is?

As far as I can tell, there has been no communication on this past the one tweet.

Effectively disabling a defining mechanic of necromancers seems like something that deserves a little more than that.

• Like 6

Necro minion master is my favorite PvE character. Having to resummon minions after each mount use drastically slows play and results in my character not being able to play certain attack strategies at all. Whoever wrote Minions can simply be resummoned does not understand minion master tactics & game play.

• Like 4

On 8/26/2021 at 7:30 AM, Serynna.3786 said:

True, I'm sure not all necro players use minions, although I don't recall seeing any necro fight without them. The Harbringer beta didn't use minions, I recall - any connection?:P

highly possible. the beta testing should be done in a test account environment to prevent fcking the live account environment. 

Edited by MysticReaper.4318

So I've been following this thread for a couple days since minion respawn got disabled, I agree with everyone on the part of communication. They haven't shared any new information regarding the problem which is just ridiculous, being a minionmaster I immediately felt something was off when I needed to respawn them everything when running silverwastes. First I thought it was an issue on my side until i went to the last page of this thread where 3 people notified me about the issue and the twitter thread. Why is twitter the place where they shared this and why do they not answer the question people are asking, is it permanent or not.

Fix the issue or release a statement anet, the lack of transparency is just ridiculous.

Edited by Potato.5084
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Seal.8029 said:

Heh. Logging on, taking daily gift, gathering in home instance, logging off. Happy to have other game to play.

I payed for expansion to be able to use mounts, not to run around of foot.

Pretty much the same here.  Maybe I should look into New World.  Seems like a good game...

• Like 3

Hello, I do not post on the Forum but this crisis has forced me. I am a solo player with a MM main on which I rely heavily on in PvE (Don't play other game modes).  Since this issue began I am struggling with mapping and certain achievements and end up dying more often than before because I don't have the backing of my minions anymore, especially on high end maps. Is this a temporary bug? Or is this a permanent fixture from now on? I haven't played long, just wondering if I should stick around.

• Like 3

Nobody knows if this is permanent or not. It's not a bug as such, because it was deliberately done by Anet because of some "issue", which they haven't explained. After an initial tweet, where then said they'd done this, they haven't said a single word on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Doing the Return to Istan yesterday for the  Revenge of Archon Iberu event. Anet do you have any idea how aggravating it is to try to run around with a train of people killing bosses when you have to do it all on foot? My other option was mount up and despawn all my minions so they'd all be on cooldown. Great options.

FIX THIS! 😡

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Potato.5084 said:

So I've been following this thread for a couple days since minion respawn got disabled, I agree with everyone on the part of communication. They haven't shared any new information regarding the problem which is just ridiculous, being a minionmaster I immediately felt something was off when I needed to respawn them everything when running silverwastes. First I thought it was an issue on my side until i went to the last page of this thread where 3 people notified me about the issue and the twitter thread. Why is twitter the place where they shared this and why do they not answer the question people are asking, is it permanent or not.

Fix the issue or release a statement anet, the lack of transparency is just ridiculous.

I agree this is just shameful they wont communicate and let their players know whats going on.

3 hours ago, MysticReaper.4318 said:

I am putting time in Rift. it has fishing with lures and poles that upgrade.

Im going to jump back to rift some and maybe neverwinter a little. Have not played those in a long time guess its a good time to see whats changed since I main a necro.

• Like 4