mounts still dismissing necro minions [Merged]

Anet continues to ignore us, totally disrespecting it's paying customers. I've just cancelled my WoW subscription to concentrate on GW2. It seems this was a mistake.

As well as boycotting buying gems, I suggest that anyone who has pre-ordered EoD raise a support ticket to cancel it and demand a refund. That is certainly what I intend to do.

Edited by Serynna.3786
misspelling
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Serynna.3786 said:

Since Anet won't reply, I have no idea whether this is going to be fixed or if it is permanent.  I think I'll just move on and go to WoW.

30 minutes ago, MysticReaper.4318 said:

imo. without minions, necro is squishy in a non-group environment.

What..build are you using? necro is one of the most durable light classes.

1 minute ago, Poopaw.1370 said:

been there, done that. The idea is for the players to use what they desire. It's not like they don't know there are other options.

I get that i do, but ANET disabled it on purpose, more than likely to fix an exploit, sometimes those can take awhile to fix.

And honest question, what would satisfy the folks here besides "its fixed"?? I doubt a "We are working on it" would do anything.

28 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

And honest question, what would satisfy the folks here besides "its fixed"??

What definitely wouldn't - complete silence and disregard.

28 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I doubt a "We are working on it" would do anything.

You won't believe...

And a "It's not permanent. We are working on it. ETA is unknown. Sorry for inconvenience" would do everything. Well, almost everything.

• Like 8

I have tried various necro/reaper/scourge builds and always return to Minionmancer. It's my build of choice. I don't want to be forced into playing something I don't want to play.

As you say - it would be courteous at the least for Anet to reply to so many complaints and explain what's going on .... and whether a fix is going to happen anytime soon.

Silly of me - we are only the player base that keeps the Devs in employment........

Edited by Ceddwen.7260
added comment
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Derrek.2065 said:

What definitely wouldn't - complete silence and disregard.

You won't believe...

And a "It's not permanent. We are working on it. ETA is unknown. Sorry for inconvenience" would do everything. Well, almost everything.

If it was permanent then the tweet we got would have read

-minions are now permanently desummned when mounting. (deal with it)

And we would have got a late patch note saying the same thing.

I rather have them working on the fix then coming to the forums and writing fluff to appease players every few days.

Edit

I do agree with others in this thread tho that a tweet aint enough use the forums for this kind of information.

It what its there for

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

I do agree with others in this thread tho that a tweet aint enough use the forums for this kind of information.

It what its there for

Exactly this. Disabling a part of a main profession-defining mechanic and only mentioning it in one tweet is, I believe, what is called an "unforced error". If it had been fixed in a day or even two, maybe it would be fine, but I think once it is going to affect the game going into a weekend, an official message on the forum would have been appreciated. (Even another tweet would have been better than complete silence.)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

What..build are you using? necro is one of the most durable light classes.

I get that i do, but ANET disabled it on purpose, more than likely to fix an exploit, sometimes those can take awhile to fix.

And honest question, what would satisfy the folks here besides "its fixed"?? I doubt a "We are working on it" would do anything.

i tried scourge and reaper. they failed. minion master with soul reaping worked.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, MysticReaper.4318 said:

i tried scourge and reaper. they failed. minion master with soul reaping worked.

Im afraid that doesnt tell me what gear you are running, or if you are using a build from something like metabuild or one you threw together ^^;

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MysticReaper.4318 said:

Minion Reaper is arguably one of the best minion master PvE playstyles if you ask me because of Rise!.

Up to 6 additional minions that can potentially lifesteal feed you and take conditions from you and they grant you Dark Bond while they are alive in combat which is basically 25 seconds of free, easily accessible protection.. on a traited 36 second base cooldown with further decreased cooldown depending on how many targets the skill hits with a potential 26 second cooldown if you manage to hit 5 targets with it.. which if you could manage to do consistently basically means you can have perma protection.. a permanent 33% damage reduction bonus which is ridiculously strong on a class that already has absurd survivability.
And better yet it stacks!! with the protection boon as well although not to a full 66% damage reduction.. it's more around the 50% mark.

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why not try play with some of the necros other utilitys while you wait for anet to fix this?

I have full zerk ascended gear on my Minion Master. It's great for roaming in WvW. No minions means close to instant death. Switching to another build would mean that I more than likely need to get a condi setup. It's less than ideal. Now, if I knew that this was something that would be fixed in 2 months then I would make some other arrangement. If it was going to be fixed in 2 days, I would wait. No feedback means that I have no idea. I could go off now and spend 100g odd on a new setup and then find out that it's been fixed the next day.

Communication helps. They don't have to say it will be ready on day xx. Some feedback like, this is a rather complex bug that we are working on so it will take a while to sort out. Rest assured, we are working on it. Would go a long way.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Toxic Robbie.5807 said:

The fact that this is still a problem is so embarrassing for Anet.

I don't care as much that it is still a problem. Sometimes a fix for whatever is happening can be complex. Especially when considering how it might interact with changes that coming with the expansion. So ok, take the time needed to fix something properly.

BUT

If players are going to see a fairly large impact in the meantime (and I think this qualifies for minion master necromancers), a single (slightly dismissive) tweet probably won't cut it. 

As others have said, ANet might not be able to provide more detailed information, but we really don't need to have them lay out the guts of what is happening. We need them to acknowledge that it *is* a pretty big deal for some players. That they know it impacts gameplay.

Other than players feeling their concerns are being ignored, the other thing silence does is breed speculation. Maybe they can't tell us exactly what is happening behind the scenes, but silence might make someone wonder why there wasn't even a "hey, we are sorry this won't be fixed before the weekend; we're still working on it" to let everyone know it isn't forgotten. There are scenarios where I can imagine silence being appropriate, but this does not seem to be one of them. (Unless maybe there is a chance it will just stay this way and they already know that, but again, that is speculation bred by the lack of communication.)

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Spook.5847 said:

Not like they are great anyway.  Necro pets in this game are junk - and that's without addresisng their horrible AI and lack of controls.

they help me get through the game due to my 58 year old physically challenged wrists caused by age and a life-long cerebral palsy health condition.

Edited by MysticReaper.4318
grammar correction
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spook.5847 said:

Not like they are great anyway.  Necro pets in this game are junk - and that's without addresisng their horrible AI and lack of controls.

Well they fix an (or more enemies ) in place so your stationary fields can be placed, they transfer conditions off necro or provide protection with Deathshroud. And since torment's damage has been reversed (no real reason) even fear does not quite protect or work as efficiently anymore  when one is landing on a ledge full of aggressive targets (Say PoF harpies ) without at least the golem. playing 4 necros in different configs, and they all have been relegated to stationary farming atm. Given the mediocre quality of the beta test classes I will at this point certainly NOT buy EoD

Shudder to think at the outcry of the community if they had done something similar to guardians or elementalists...

Edited by achwas.6190
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ayahuasca.1045 said:

Come on Anet at least remove their cds untill they're fixed

This is the most annoying part of it, if mounting up reset the cooldown as it dismissed then i wouldn't bother as much about it, sure it would be annoying recasting it every time i dismount rather than it just following me while mounted but at least it's a fix, it's even the most logical fix when you consider flying.

• Like 1