"Be My Guest" Bugs [MERGED]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played through the new story on three different characters and every time during the cutscene at the end Joko's voice disappears, while other sounds remain. It happens starting after he drains the energy from one of the awakened and his voice starts to get a dark/creepy/evil effect. I assume it has something to do with this voice effect but cant be sure.Anyone else notice this or is it a problem only affecting me?

seems to be a bug in the story replay feature, i redid the instance by logging out of it a couple times for the achivement and then the savepoint worked my first time through, but when i tried to replay the whole chapter right after, they were no more :/

quick correction, it works , but only if its your "active" instanceif you only use the purple star it doesnt save your progress, but if you play the whole chapter until the point where you would normaly be alble to start the mission it works again ( when its marked green star instead of purple)

same issue, the problem seems to be that anet decided to put the checkpoints on top of each other

This is super annoying for doing the no hit by laser achievement after you finish the story, have do redo the gate part every single time :angry:so tired from spending the past 6 hours on a weekend attempting this achievement, having to keep on redoing from the every start... and still havent got it :weary:

@ Rennorb.1029if you only use the purple star it doesnt save your progress, but if you play the whole chapter until the point where you would normaly be alble to start the mission it works again ( when its marked green star instead of purple)

it works if you replay the entire thing from the very start of LW, but if you d/c or decide to relog during it, you are facing the same issue again... meaning you need to reset the LW to close off the story

would make things easier if you can pick up the story from any point once you finished the LW and count as progress

Somebody already reported this, and now I am encountering the same bug on my third character to play this mission:

In the final fight, when Joko summons his "Wills of Joko" and the moving wall, he does not respawn after one has gotten rid of them. Only Scarabs spawning endlessly. I had to log out and back in to replay the fight, and it worked.

P.S. If it helps, I saw his name pop up a few times outside of the room (on the balcony), but he wouldn't respawn in the room itself and one cannot finish the fight.

@Ashantara.8731 said:It's actually a monologue ;) , and it's a known bug that occurs on occasion with cutscenes in general (rarely, but it does). Only a restart of the mission will solve it.

Given that it happened 3 times on 3 different characters (100% of the time i have done it) it seems extremely unlikely that restarting the mission would fix it.

@Death Stroke.9875 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:It's actually a monologue ;) , and it's a known bug that occurs on occasion with cutscenes in general (rarely, but it does). Only a restart of the mission will solve it.

Given that it happened 3 times on 3 different characters (100% of the time i have done it) it seems extremely unlikely that restarting the mission would fix it.

That is unusual indeed. Are you using Windows 10, and if so, have you installed DirectX 9.0c? (As DX12 isn't backwards compatible.)

Really frustrated. Get to the gate, hold off the Awakened while Canach works, defeat Joko then when I say "just blow the damn gate" the game freezes then crashes. So I am stuck and cannot continue the story.

Update: Tried to repair the client, same issue. Moved to a different PC, same issue.

Update 2: Fixed my issues. Uninstalled, deleted all files and removed all registry entries. Reinstalled and it worked and allowed me to complete the mission.

@"falviani.2830" said:I have gotten to the Ossuary - Unlock the Contaminarium stage of the instance but no matter how I correctly align the parts of the logo nothing happens. As far as I know, once they're aligned the BeastMaster is supposed to appear. Is there a trick to doing this, other than getting the 4 segments aligned correctly? Or is this a bug? All help is appreciated!You need to use the "special skill" provided to "clear" the illusion confounding the logo.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Somebody already reported this, and now I am encountering the same bug on my third character to play this mission:

In the final fight, when Joko summons his "Wills of Joko" and the moving wall, he does not respawn after one has gotten rid of them. Only Scarabs spawning endlessly. I had to log out and back in to replay the fight, and it worked.

P.S. If it helps, I saw his name pop up a few times outside of the room (on the balcony), but he wouldn't respawn in the room itself and one cannot finish the fight.

Same happened to me today solo'ing instance. Been killing scarabs for about 1/2hr, gave up, died, respawned to checkpoint hoping it would start fight again at least, but just back in room with endless scarabs. Not wanting to waste another hour on this mission until I find out why.Only reason that may have bugged it was that I stood on vase near window to avoid wall, which did work btw, but even then still had another round of Will of Joko, then Joko, then Will of Joko then the endless scarabs.

Just tripped over what I assume to be a bug that (used with care) makes some of the trapped corridors near-trivial to move along.

The traps that knock you backwards currently do so relative to your facing. So, if you back into one... ...suddenly, you're through it. Albeit briefly knocked down, and possibly taking damage from other sources.

In a party just now, I was repeatedly able to reach and rez the instance owner. Even though he couldn't make the traps visible for me.

• 2 years later...

I'm having a problem with the visuals in this quest. How the lasers are drawn seems to be completely desynchronized from their state. It's completely random if I get hit or not. Sometimes they appear "off" and hit me, other times they are "on" and I can walk right through. It's impossible to make any progress. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a workaround?

• 1 year later...