I hate questing...is WvW viable for unlocking PoF spec?

All Matters Fecal.9560

I'm in total agony running from place to place listening to NPCs drone on for what seems like hours at a time about whatever problem they're having and I need to solve it or God knows what their current issue is. Back in HoT it took FOREVER to get proof of heroics to unlock elite specs...has this changed for PoF to a reasonable amount of time?

I'd go try it myself or ask in WvW directly, but servers are down at the moment.

@All Matters Fecal.9560 said:I should also ask...is it a reasonable time investment? I know it's possible, but if it takes 3x longer than just doing quests I don't think it'd be worth it.

@All Matters Fecal.9560 said:I should also ask...is it a reasonable time investment? I know it's possible, but if it takes 3x longer than just doing quests I don't think it'd be worth it.

It's worth it to me. I tried taking my ranger through the first couple missions so I could find the new pets and I ended up logging off because I was bored as fuck.You are literally just walking around talking to people, no cut scenes, just word bubbles over their heads that you have to sit through for an eternity.

There's a damned good chance I'm just going to take the week off and wait for my guildies to explore the new maps so I can use those "wp to a friend" things to get the new pets. Fuck that boring ass pve.

The problem with HoT maps was that they were designed for groups. Many events required large group, at very specific time. So, if you were playing at wrong time you were not able to go anywhere or complete any of the hero points alone. So, they added Proof of Heroics for players who rarely went into HoT zone and stayed in WvW instead. However, it still requires several hours WvW every day to gather these items, and in PoF hero points are not that difficult anymore. I would say, if you do not play WvW at all for the fun of it, don't bother doing it for the proofs either.

my experience was, i unlocked the PoF elite in 5 minutes for all my 9 classes without even setting foot on any PoF maps, that is if your a WvW playerand also, i sold my xxx identified dyes from the xxx skirmish chests i thought was thrash in order to buy me a gryphon mount

I feel you on this. I am a hardcore WvW player. I hate PvE! Questing, mapping all of it. I have unlocked all the elite specs I will ever use for PoF, but If they ever introduce mounts to WvW I hope they give us a way to get them all through WvW!! I really do not have the time to be running around in boring PvE maps...

@Norbe.7630 said:

my experience was, i unlocked the PoF elite in 5 minutes for all my 9 classes without even setting foot on any PoF maps, that is if your a WvW playerand also, i sold my xxx identified dyes from the xxx skirmish chests i thought was thrash in order to buy me a gryphon mount

Buy a Griffin mount ???

You'd still have to have done a heck of a lot of pve though.

Because in order to be eligible to buy the Griffin, you've got to finish the new expac storyline first.

Archived