Vega56 underperforming?

Any thoughts of guidance on this would be helpful.

On my old i5-2500k/GTX970 system my frames were consistently high and fluid, often running above 60 in the world on near max settings at 1440p/144hz. I was expecting my new AMD Ryzen 5 1600X/Vega56 system to perform much better than it is, and it's performing strangely.

I did move up to a 4k/60 monitor, so I know that is more taxing. But, I'm hitting say 17-20 fps in Verdant Brink, and no matter what I do the frames don't really change. I can supersample, I can try to run the game at 1440p or 1080p but my frames remain the same. That doesn't seem right, yeah? Anyone experiencing anything similar? Silverwastes are also bad. Divinity's reach is maybe 20-30. Also, if i select auto detect, it puts a number of features as Low.

My R5 is OCed to 4.0ghz locked, and my Vega56 is also overclocked (2.5% shader freq, +50% power limit, 975 mem freq, 1050/1075mv) , though running at stock clocks made no difference. When I play GPU activity is at 99% according to Wattman.

I'm in a custom water loop, so all temps are good (CPU not over 70c, GPU not over 60c).

The card runs as expected in single player games, but GW2 just doesn't seem to be getting the performance I'd expect. And I'm speaking about just regular world traversal, not even big events with lots of people which will always drop frames.

Current in game settings have reflections off, shadows high, and player number/quality set to low.

Anyone experiencing something similar, or can try and compare? This just doesn't seem to be working right to me. My frames should change at least if I change resolution, right?

Thanks!

the game runs on out dated DX9A and I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but guild wars 2 does not even support at all your hard ware. best thing you can do is put settings to low or automatic and hope for the best . I do not have the Vega56 but I do have on one system a gfx 960 6 gig and have problems with it myself .

case in point read this post and check out the video with the guy having problems with his gfx 1070 video card . https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2550/1070-crashing-issues-help-needed#latest

also this guy has the same problem with his 1080TI video card https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3169/serious-fps-issue#latest

best I can suggest to you if you want to play this game and you can do it get a second system with just above the bare mimuim specs and you be fine to play . and save your good hot system for far more better games like world of war craft and grand theft auto

Minimum System RequirementsWINDOWS Minimum System Requirements64 bit Native Mac Minimum System RequirementsWindows® 7 or better (64 bit only)Intel® Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better4 GB RAMNVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS, ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT50GB available HDD spaceBroadband Internet connectionKeyboard and mouse

honestly in this games case I can never see that happen at all. this is why I did not buy the new pack . and as of right now with people asking for refunds for this pice of crap game pack. well honestly I do not see a gw3 ever coming now. and not only that but they will never make the need changes to make the game better as it should be . this is why I dropped the game fully now. I can say blade and soul is also fun to play . good luck

Archived