So many balance patches, but HAMMER remains as a cosmetic item

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't there only four classes that use hammer, and three of them are in a pretty good spot? I use hammer on guardian a lot. Revenant uses hammer as a ranged power weapon, and it hits pretty hard, and has good ranged defense. Scrapper camps hammer, so seems pretty good for them. Warrior could probably use some help, I don't know, I never use it on that class.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Really disappointed they didn't sort out the Hammer-specific Grandmaster Trait for Warriors. It is utterly pointless and even counter-intuitive (adds Confusion to a baseline Power weapon).

That part doesn't matter much but they should split the damage buff into conditional and unconditional portions. Maybe +10% and +20% vs CC'ed enemies(non-stacking).

@Klowdy.3126 said:Aren't there only four classes that use hammer, and three of them are in a pretty good spot? I use hammer on guardian a lot. Revenant uses hammer as a ranged power weapon, and it hits pretty hard, and has good ranged defense. Scrapper camps hammer, so seems pretty good for them. Warrior could probably use some help, I don't know, I never use it on that class.

Honestly Hammer Rev sucks IMO. Its only useful since its our only 1200 unit weapon. Change Bow to that or give another ranged 1200 unit weapon and Hammer goes bye bye. Its so slow and weak it cant even tag some of the acid wurms needed for the Beetle Mount before the zerg kills it.

I've always loved hammer on warrior, true it hits very slow but this can be countered with a little quickness x2 through trait lines or sigils. It can be a very useful weapon in pve if used correctly with the right stats, traits & equipment. Believe me there was a time I never used it at all, but if you experiment... eventually you'll find something that works with it quite well. I love pancaking foes in pve with it, never gets old! LoL The interrupts are also pretty useful!

@aspirine.5839 said:

@Alchimist.4738 said:Hammer on Guardian is a solide weapon, it's also great on Scrapper, it could use some tuning on Warrior, and it's a great weapon in WvW for Revenant, admittedly not anywhere else.

It is just sooooo slow on guard. I always get annoyed when I use it. Really wish it would swing a tad faster.

Luckily, every guardian has access to one particular elite shout. I won't spoil it, but I promise if you read its description it won't disappoint.

Speaking purely from PvE, hammer is only viable for reverant, and only in ow. you can use it on warrior, gurdian and engi, but why punish yourself that bad ☹️.

PvP, it is okaish for gurdian, good for rev in wvw and a maybe on scrapper.

Overall, it is a terrible weapon with limited use ability.

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:The hammer's a cosmetic item? Odd, my Warrior's been using one to kill stuff for the past five years or so.

Mine too. No no they are right warrior hammer definitely needs buffs. ? Maybe increase damage by 20% and add a daze to the auto attack. Perhaps increase the radius of the f1 skill to 1200. Then maybe, just maybe hammer will be ok.

@otto.5684 said:Speaking purely from PvE, hammer is only viable for reverant, and only in ow. you can use it on warrior, gurdian and engi, but why punish yourself that bad ☹️.

Exactly my point. You can use it if you like it, for fun, for cosmetic reasons,... but never for dps, which is far beyond so many other weapon choices

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@otto.5684 said:Speaking purely from PvE, hammer is only viable for reverant, and only in ow. you can use it on warrior, gurdian and engi, but why punish yourself that bad
☹️

Exactly my point. You can use it if you like it, for fun, for cosmetic reasons,... but never for dps, which is far beyond so many other weapon choices

I 100% agree with you. Hammer is one of the poorest weapons in the game.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@"otto.5684" said:Speaking purely from PvE, hammer is only viable for reverant, and only in ow. you can use it on warrior, gurdian and engi, but why punish yourself that bad
☹️

Hammer is considered almost mandatory on war in WvW, and is one of the "better" weapons for guard for up-keeping 100% protection uptime on itself and its party. Not every weapon has to be good for every class in every game mode. It's not even the only weapon that suffers from this...

Archived