DPS GS/Axe Mirage WvW Montage

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello,

Ive been enjoying DPS mirage in WvW and finally got off of my butt and made my first video. Wanted to do a bit of a "story" for my first mirage vid. Im not very good yet at Mirage and not running full META (Dont run sword, Elusive Mind, or that stun mantra) but having fun. Let me know what you think (Heads up, I run a square screen and OBS doesnt like it when I stretch the vid out all the way so my stream will be more of a "box". Im planning on getting a new monitor to resolve this)

Please check it out and thumbs up. Build link and song info are in the Youtube description. (I dont know how to get the vid player to show up here so I apologize)

@LaGranse.8652 said:Poor greatsword #5 was only cast once in the whole video, and that time against an enemy with stability :(

I is still learning, however as you can tell, its one ability I rarely think about. I will try to use it more (I like to use it when chasing and they are close enough...or on a thieves SR and watch em panic.) I really should use it more tho.

Thanks for the feedback.

Long story short, I dont find sword fun (this is why I typically dont run meta as meta builds are not usually fun for me). After crunching some numbers for DPS scepter and Axe (and my love of axe when I ran condi mirage when PoF dropped, that teleport shatter combo), Scepter had better DPS in general, however Axe was really fun and not as slow at the scepter. The de-target from Axe 3 really helped my survivability and sets me up perfectly for a F1 burst (having at least 2 axe clones out, then popping Axe 3 can be deadly).

Throws people off when they see axe, they think condi until I pull out the GS.

While Axe is more situational, the situation arises frequent enough.

Thanks for watching and I appreciate the question. I am working on my next vid. :)

I thank you :) because of your video I finally kicked myself to craft second light ascended set (already had Viper so I crafted Zerker) and I can test power builds after more then a year. And have to say Power Mirage is surprisingly fun - running Mirage - Dueling - Illusions variant of old power shatter build I have played years ago - with GS + SW/SW and it is nice change after year of condi builds. GS can do actually good damage with Infinite Horizon which makes me happy as GS is my favorite mesmer weapon.

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:I thank you :) because of your video I finally kicked myself to craft second light ascended set (already had Viper so I crafted Zerker) and I can test power builds after more then a year. And have to say Power Mirage is surprisingly fun - running Mirage - Dueling - Illusions variant of old power shatter build I have played years ago - with GS + SW/SW and it is nice change after year of condi builds. GS can do actually good damage with Infinite Horizon which makes me happy as GS is my favorite mesmer weapon.

Thank you for your comment. Im finalizing my asc set on my mirage. Sw/Sw sounds like an interesting concept (mainly sword in OH). Should let me know how that turns out. :)

Archived