Returning player. Need suggestions for a 2nd character.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:Do you want meta builds or not non-meta builds? Are there any professions that you're leaning more towards on? What kind of builds do you like; power, condi, tank, support, cc, etc.?

I'm interested in meta builds. I like range stuff better since I have some trouble with my right hand and don't have to move as much if you're from a far. I like Elementaliast But being a strong guy on the front lines as well sounds fun. I want something with high DPS and can do serious amounts of damage.

@SilverFalco.2314 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:Do you want meta builds or not non-meta builds? Are there any professions that you're leaning more towards on? What kind of builds do you like; power, condi, tank, support, cc, etc.?

I'm interested in meta builds. I like range stuff better since I have some trouble with my right hand and don't have to move as much if you're from a far. I like Elementaliast But being a strong guy on the front lines as well sounds fun. I want something with high DPS and can do serious amounts of damage.

Hmm. Let's see. I play the meta too much, but deadeye sounds like it could be right up your alley. As for the ele, even though it is considered the squishiest class, bunker ele is one of the tankiest classes in the game and it's fun to play. The only problems with it are that it's a non-meta build as far as I know, and the dps kinda sucks, though it is better than bunker guardian.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

Hmm. Let's see. I play the meta too much, but deadeye sounds like it could be right up your alley. As for the ele, even though it is considered the squishiest class, bunker ele is one of the tankiest classes in the game and it's fun to play. The only problems with it are that it's a non-meta build as far as I know, and the dps kinda sucks, though it is better than bunker guardian.What class is deadeye under? or is deadeye it's own class and not a specification? Also does character race matters when it comes to builds?

@SilverFalco.2314 said:

Hmm. Let's see. I play the meta too much, but deadeye sounds like it could be right up your alley. As for the ele, even though it is considered the squishiest class, bunker ele is one of the tankiest classes in the game and it's fun to play. The only problems with it are that it's a non-meta build as far as I know, and the dps kinda sucks, though it is better than bunker guardian.What class is deadeye under? or is deadeye it's own class and not a specification? Also does character race matters when it comes to builds?

Deadeye is thief. Character race only matters in builds if you use racial skills. Honestly they are not that good, but that was how anet wanted it to be: the difference between a charr warrior and an asura warrior is purely cosmetic.

I have a lot of fun on my Ranger so you too might like trying out Necromancer.For Open World I'd recommend getting yourself a Necromancer using a Minion Master build: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Power_Minion_Master

It is super relaxing for Open World/Map completion to have an army swarm when you get knocked down- Pocket Raptors AINT GOT SHIT ON ME BOI!Plus, its super easy to solo content.

I also run around with my Necro in WvW and PvP as well but due to recent changes it isn't going to be hitting as hard as our Thief friends. I'm still having fun with it in WvW though and not getting steamrolled so its ok.

@"SilverFalco.2314" said:What class is deadeye under? or is deadeye it's own class and not a specification? Also does character race matters when it comes to builds?

Deadeye is under Thief and is the Elite Specialization that you get with PoF.Race doesn't matter, I'd say the only thing that matters would be the model size (I.E; Asura hard to spot in a mob, Norn like a lighthouse)

Thief Deadeyes are pretty fun and a lot of the mechanics you pick up from Ranger transfer over. (Pew Pew Kite Kite) It also drops insane damage as of the latest "balance" patch https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyExcitedBananaFreakinStinkinI'm running a variant of this build and it works for soloing content: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Deadeye_-_P/P_Unload

Big thing that helps me is to play the class until around lvl 20-30 and then boost from there. That way you are able to adjust to the core class before (potentially) wasting an 80 boost.

Tldr; Probably Thief

@"CottonBallPeople.2630" said:I have a lot of fun on my Ranger so you too might like trying out Necromancer.For Open World I'd recommend getting yourself a Necromancer using a Minion Master build: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Necromancer_-_Power_Minion_Master

It is super relaxing for Open World/Map completion to have an army swarm when you get knocked down- Pocket Raptors AINT GOT kitten ON ME BOI!Plus, its super easy to solo content.

I also run around with my Necro in WvW and PvP as well but due to recent changes it isn't going to be hitting as hard as our Thief friends. I'm still having fun with it in WvW though and not getting steamrolled so its ok.

@"SilverFalco.2314" said:What class is deadeye under? or is deadeye it's own class and not a specification? Also does character race matters when it comes to builds?

Deadeye is under Thief and is the Elite Specialization that you get with PoF.Race doesn't matter, I'd say the only thing that matters would be the model size (I.E; Asura hard to spot in a mob, Norn like a lighthouse)

Thief Deadeyes are pretty fun and a lot of the mechanics you pick up from Ranger transfer over. (Pew Pew Kite Kite) It also drops insane damage as of the latest "balance" patch
I'm running a variant of this build and it works for soloing content:

Big thing that helps me is to play the class until around lvl 20-30 and then boost from there. That way you are able to adjust to the core class before (potentially) wasting an 80 boost.

Tldr; Probably Thief

Only reason I boosted my soul beast is because I knew I wanted to make a ranger. I'll try a thief deadeye as well. In guild wars 1 I was a R/NM ranger/necromancer and I loved it. Can a DE Their be used in PVP or should my Soulbeast be used as a PvP character? I honestly don't know what I want to do for my 2nd character. Might be smart just to grind my Ranger till I unlock the soul beast. That way I'm not stretching myself so thin.

Archived