Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Limodriver.4106" said:someone hit me for 18k, 1 patch nerf it next patch buff it more than before the nerf what a joke.

thing is it got never nerfed..

meteor got buffed on the "nerf" patch maybe in PvE its a nerf but first hit got buffed second hit got buffed till w/e hit it get nerfed.in generally in WvW you dont do 1st and 2nd and 3rd hit on same person so its flat out buff.

Just finished a raid in WvW and can say definitively that meteor shower is so broken right now that not only were both zergs running around 15-20 weavers each but it was so bad that this one skill single-handedly brought back the pirate ship meta in FULL FORCE.

This lead to some of the most boring fights I've EVER had in WvW. Please take a look into this. Right now meteor storm is like an AoE version of Death's Judgement that can't be reflected/destroyed and hits way more then 5 targets for 10K+ per tick.

@Amorimm.6732 said:If by some miracle an arena.net dev reads this, here's what ya need. #1 Revert the Scourge nerf to Dhuumfire - it was not needed, #2 Revert the changes to Elementalist with Meteor, since it's CLEARLY busted, #3 Don't make a stealth snipe class (Deadeyes) able to 1 shot majority of classes, so revert that too thanks, #4 Stop listening to the massive QQ threads about what is and isn't overpowered, and instead listen to the intelligent voices in the WvW community who have at least some minor understanding of game balance. Thanks, on behalf of the entire WvW community who actually enjoy the game.

But decreasing Lava Font damage by 40% was a really good call, wasn't it?

It is not an ICD problem, the damage calcutation for the skill itself is bugged, that is it, this is not intended, but everyone knows arenanet dosnt read WvW forums u saw how fast they patched the deadeye bug (less than 24h) cuz affected their glorified PVE, WvW it will take until the next balance patch o some shit for this guys to do something about this (if they even do somethign about it at all), enjoy 3 months+ of meteor wars bois.

There is a massive shift in the amount of Weavers in zergs chain casting this now. In an isolated duel, my Warrior with 30k HP and 3.5k armor was getting hit with 6k-10k shots from a non-optimized Weaver. The frequency of the hits may also be up as one MS downed my Warrior. On a full zerk Weaver, those shots would likely land 2k-4k harder.

This has to be the hardest hitting skill in WvW right now doing more damage than most single target skills.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:honestly? the damage did not change (much). But you see more elementalists at the moment.

And if two or three put their shower at the same spot, you will be bombarded pretty hard. As it should be.

I mean you can check who hit you and most everyone here is referring to a singular meteor shower. It's pretty hard to defend this given its so broken that most diehard mains are just loling on ele this week.

My anecdotal experience from a couple days ago:

Playing on my rev. 2750 armor with damage reduction food 10%, plus guild group running protection, guardian buffs, and my traited damage reduction. Pop dwarf for more damage reduction, jump off to the side with the group. Get caught in 2 warrior bubbles, boons totally stripped, but my damage reduction buffs are still active. Got downed by 3 meteors that hit between 10-12K.

Archived