Meteor Wars!

Straegen.2938

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, it is NOT a bug.
The skill was doing more damage than the tooltip said.They buffed base damage an additional 20% for some reason.Then they fixed the tooltip to read correctly.

Based on what the patch notes say, and the roughly 20% increase in base damge appearing in game, it looks intentional. It's OP as shit, but intentional.

@Blocki.4931 said:I noticed that something was off when a single Weaver almost instantly blew up an Arrow Cart I was manning. Took maybe 3 or 4 seconds. Definitely not the experience that I've made before.

Yeah commander I was following dropped x 2 sup catas at mends. 1 ele rocked up and dropped the shower... Catas were well below half. It was more noticeable seeing a handful of pugs drop in a matter of seconds on a few occasions where the enemy eles were being ballsy; out of position obnoxious as ever.

@Rampage.7145 said:It is not an ICD problem, the damage calcutation for the skill itself is bugged, that is it, this is not intended, but everyone knows arenanet dosnt read WvW forums u saw how fast they patched the deadeye bug (less than 24h) cuz affected their glorified PVE, WvW it will take until the next balance patch o some kitten for this guys to do something about this (if they even do somethign about it at all), enjoy 3 months+ of meteor wars bois.

You say that but Anet had a large raid in wvw yesterday with NSP. Streamed and everything. I'm hoping they saw how OP it was.

Ah from what I see, Ele finally gets to put out the sort of damage numbers stealth abusers, mesmers, CoR users (which has a lot lower cooldown) on a skill which has a long channel and you're all on here crying about it.

Might even log in at the weekend back on my healer ele..or continue sniping with my ranger as there will be a lot more squishy targets toi kill.

@Victory.2879 said:Ah from what I see, Ele finally gets to put out the sort of damage numbers stealth abusers, mesmers, CoR users (which has a lot lower cooldown) on a skill which has a long channel and you're all on here crying about it.

Might even log in at the weekend back on my healer ele..or continue sniping with my ranger as there will be a lot more squishy targets toi kill.

I don't think multiple 16k met showers are the same as single 1 shot kills, especially when there is like 4/5 weavers doing this.

@Victory.2879 said:Ah from what I see, Ele finally gets to put out the sort of damage numbers stealth abusers, mesmers, CoR users (which has a lot lower cooldown) on a skill which has a long channel and you're all on here crying about it.

You can't kill competent eles who run arcane traits.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

I agree with broski, weaver is very safe unless you're pushing enemy objectives or doing threeways. The safety of weaver in even fights, openfield fights or defensive fights is absurd considering howmuch it can kite and move. Especially now that it's mostly just meteo. Before you had to pressure 24/7 to be relevant. Now if you get a good meteo every 25-30s you're going to do at least 75% of someone who pressures constantly.

That said, weavers can kill other weavers with meteor RNG - with enough RNG you even bypass arcana shield. Fun gameplay, great counterplay :trollface:

Is everyone complaining in full zerk gear or somethin? I mainly run a power scourge in raids (1141 toughness/1648 vitality), and meteor shower doesn't do nearly the damage to me that you folks are all claiming. Yeah, I can't stand in it for the full animation, but to be almost 1-shot on the 1st tick? That 1st tick barley dents my health.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

You could do a nice bombing movie for us to see. Imagine the numbers on reset night.

@Odinens.5920 said:Is everyone complaining in full zerk gear or something?I ran minstrel engi and was down on 3 occasions in 2-3 hits.Staying inside a meteor-shower at the moment only works if the mage traited for heal...

This only happens on walls, though. In open field I usually can avoid all meteor-hits.Yesterday, when we were having a guild run in WvW, there was a meteor-shower on a wall and people were going downed state despite having a minstrel guard and scourge in each group, protection and barrier applied. Hasn't happened in past runs in similar situations.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

You could do a nice bombing movie for us to see. Imagine the numbers on reset night.

I will see what I can do. Don't expect much from my bad gameplay :P

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

I will see what I can do. Don't expect much from my bad gameplay :P

? bad... I'm pretty sure it will be some impressive numbers.

It seems like it's hitting for about 25% more since the patch -- pre-patch I'd get hit for 10-12k occasionally from a (presumably) full zerker ele, but I'm getting hit for 15-16k a couple times a night now. Culling really makes this a problem -- if you don't see the spell effects or the circle, you are dead.

It's clearly not intentional and please, you can't tell me you don't see the issue when a long range aoe skill deals that much damage. When a single weaver is enough to make parts of the wall absolutely impossible to walk through because clipping the shower already means you could go down, something you'd usually need a bunch of necro marks and other aoe pressure for. When a single Weaver in the backline can nuke an entire group instantly. Stop defending this, nobody says anything against the fact that staff ele can do it in general, just that the numbers are way higher than they are supposed to be.

@Blocki.4931 said:

When a single Weaver in the backline can nuke an entire group instantly. Stop defending this, nobody says anything against the fact that staff ele can do it in general, just that the numbers are way higher than they are supposed to be.

Good players were pretty close to this for several patches despite everyone nagging about scourges.

And you can stack weavers all you like; but then you're just playing one-shot wars with no reliable way of keeping the enemies in the damage. Aka go stand in a choke or sit in ... fire keep .... waiting until the enemy hopefully comes pushes you. Because if you push and they meteo first... Well rip?

but I agree the damage is too high. Single players killing mediocre pug groups should be reserved for good gameplay, not for pressing meteo once or twice ;)Besides, this change completely screwed the ele skillcap. Rather than being able to have way higher dps by constantly providing pressure through all your other skills; most of those are now irrelevant as lavafont got nerfed significantly; enemy meteors prevent you from going as aggresive and meteor does most of the job anyways.

Anet introducing bugs to lower the skillcap in WvW?!

Archived